No announcement yet.

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Bittersweet Goodbyes from 'Gauntlet'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli mentioning to Young about the research he and Brody did on the stasis chambers and Rush rolloing his eyes.

Comment

Young's "family" speech, complete with Rush's reaction to being called the crazy Uncle.

My Gods... It's the end.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
        Young's "family" speech, complete with Rush's reaction to being called the crazy Uncle.

My Gods... It's the end.
        i missed that whole speech. i'll power up the DVR ater
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Seeing the Gate Room's lights go out.

Comment

The lights go out on Destiny, SGU, and the Stargate fanchise as a whole.

Comment

Stargate Universe has gone out with....a whimper....and The Stargate Series has gone out with...a Bang.....its the end of an era, for 17 years Stargate has graced Television, for 7 years its graced my computer and Tv. and now its gone and now im sad

ohh best part was the last 10 minutes

"ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE AND WILL HAPPEN AGIAN"

Comment

This will probably be my favorite Stargate Universe episode, so picking fave pieces is kind of hard. But I'll go for it anyway.

Eli's mother giving her son the green light to pursue his own life guilt free, without her.

Young's words to Eli of encouragement and hope.

The Family speech and the crew's 'last supper' before stasis.

Battle scenes - especially the tension when flying the shuttle remotely and hoping the ruse worked- yipes!

Showing the Stargate (sob!) powering off, and the ship going dark.

Man, it's really the end. Is this Stargate's destiny, too?
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Young: "well, that goes without saying.. I'm notoriously hard to please.."

I loved how this supposed cliffhanger was the perfect ending for the show, despite cancellation. It felt like a natural ending, from where they might continue one day. Perfect. Bloody perfect.

Comment

Just completed another re-watch, and found a few more good moments:
                    • Young thanking Lisa Park for her good idea and holding her hand to let her know. Immediately afterward, Greer held her hand too.
                    • Eli wanting to shake Young's hand. Instead, Young hugs him.
                    • Upon seeing the Destiny literally scrape one of the command ships, I saw a few little sparks as the two ships made contact. Good FX detail work there.
                    • Telford and Young shaking hands. Good moment, especially given their differences in season 1.
                    • Seeing the stargate for the last time. A powerful and sad moment.
                    sigpic

Comment

the final few scenes.... seeing the lights being turned off on the ship... Definite lump in the throat moment...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Lisa watching the rain
                        "Mr Wallace"
                        Eli's smile at the end
                        The ship going dark
                        "Sweet dreams"
                        Young/Telford handshake
                        Young/Eli hug
                        Rush's smile at Eli's "You've been pretty consistent"

And so many more...
                        sigpic

Comment

Rush's little "Ah ********" as he tries to come up with another idea.
                          sigpic
                          "The insurance says we're good for Red Dwarf stars, but Blue Giants and we lose our no claims bonus"

Comment

The unfortunate implications of having Matt and Chloe kiss as the shot after Young calls them (with close ups) sons and daughters. Crowning moment of awkwardly awesome.

Comment

Blowing up the seed ship (oooooh yes)
                              Young's speech (complete with crazy old uncle)
                              Rush calling Eli "Mr. Wallace" (augh! Stop making me want to cry!)
                              Park seeing the rain (dang, that was good)
                              The lights going off (not gonna cry, not gonna cry...)
                              Destiny disappearing into the distance...

(yep, there goes the tear)

Comment

Volker's Rock, Paper Scissors analogy. I'll miss the Volker-Brody banter...

Comment

Working...
                                X