The writing of Pain and Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The writing of Pain and Life

He wrote Life and Pain wich are bolth bad recieved from public. Also Life lost 500k viewers and if Pain lose, let's say 200k viewers is SGU very close to death.

Originally posted by Nikec3 View Post
    He wrote Life and Pain wich are bolth bad recieved from public. Also Life lost 500k viewers and if Pain lose, let's say 200k viewers is SGU very close to death.
    I enjoyed Life, and I loved Pain.

And considering SGU has already been renewed for a 20-episode season 2, the "close to death" comment is pretty laughable.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

And considering SGU has already been renewed for a 20-episode season 2, the "close to death" comment is pretty laughable.
      Yes, but if season finale gets only 1.5 million viewers I'll say SGu is pretty close to be canceled in season 2.

Comment

I didn't really like "Life" but "Pain", imho, was one of best stories done with this kind of plot... hallucinations and stuff. I've seen worse on Stargate and Trek...
        - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

I liked Pain to, but I'm just saying that bolth episodes are bad recieved from general public and I'm concerned how will this effect on ratings.

Comment

I liked Pain to, but I'm just saying that bolth episodes are bad recieved from general public and I'm concerned how will this effect on ratings.
            I don't think "'Pain'' is badly received from the public, more like the episode is misunderstood- people don't like it because:
            1) it reveals the fact that there will be no smurf invasion of Destiny in reality
            2) they though the ep. will be about what causes the hallucinations (Atlantis style), not about halucinations themselves
            3) they think "Pain" was worse than "Sabotage" and I don't think people who say that are majority (no offense to those people, but if they were majority, SGU ratings would be much much better...)
            - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

IMo he's either given the crappy eps to write or he just can't write the sgu style
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I always thought that Mr Binder was one of the weaker staff writers on the franchise.

Comment

Are you guys kidding. Pain and Water were two of the best eps yet. Guess it's just personal opinion lol.

Also writers often write others stories. So it could be that brad or rob pitches a bad story and then the writer gets all the blame. That's not fair cause the whole staff will break the story as a whole.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, but if season finale gets only 1.5 million viewers I'll say SGu is pretty close to be canceled in season 2.
                    Not necessarily. That is making a HUGE assumption with little or no proof to back it up. After all, Sanctuary and Caprica both dipped FAR below that and were renewed with those ratings.

Also, it's generally slightly deceptive to assume that lower ratings = poorly received. Ratings tend to be a little more complicated then that. Perhaps you should check out the ratings thread to see the scope.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                      After all, Sanctuary and Caprica both dipped FAR below that and were renewed with those ratings.
                      Caprica hasn't been renewed yet.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'll give you Life. However, Pain was very good, imo. Not the top 5 eps of the season, but still in the better half, imo.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis
                          You hate it that much. You realize, if SGU dies this young, the franchise will probably die(at least go dark) for a while. SGU is the key to Stargates survival. Really. If SGU is successful, we might even get a 4th series, and maybe some stargate movies. If SGU dies, well, bye bye stargate. This news should not make you warm and fuzzy.
                          well i say let it as i dont like what they are doing to the franchiese so yes id rather see it dead then see more sgu.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Caprica hasn't been renewed yet.
                          i read that caprica had been canceld....

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid

Nope. No news as to its future has been announced as of yet.
                            It's not looking good for Caprica.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              It's not looking good for Caprica.
                              I wasn't commenting one way or another. One of them said it had been renewed, the other said it had been cancelled. At the moment, both are wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X