Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    the networks likely won't make thier decisions until may or so
    That kind of sucks. What do you think its chances are?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'd say about 60%. The ratings are low, but it still has some core fanbase and the dvds are selling not bad either. So I guess it'll get one last season.
      Mia: Don't you hate that?
      Vincent: Hate what?
      Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
      Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
      Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
      - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
        I'd say about 60%. The ratings are low, but it still has some core fanbase and the dvds are selling not bad either. So I guess it'll get one last season.
        The DVDS are one of the top selling DVDs, in fact I think people don't watch the show until they are released on DVD. I know a few people who never watch TV becuase there isn't time so they just get DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          The DVDS are one of the top selling DVDs, in fact I think people don't watch the show until they are released on DVD. I know a few people who never watch TV becuase there isn't time so they just get DVDs.
          Sadly, TV advertisers don't pay for DVD sales. They want people watching shows live, viewing their commercials.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think the biggest thing in Heroes favor is, with the tanking of the Leno show, they have five hours of programming to fill this fall....and developing a new show can be a lot harder than using an existing one.

I think, if it comes back, the next season will likely be the last, and it'll be about 13 episodes.

they MIGHT consider a spin off - such as Hiro's adventures...but honestly, none of the characters are strong enough to carry a show on their own.

So i really see a situation like Lost, a heavily hyped 'final chapter' and if they seriously want to consider a spin off, i'd expect to see a new character tossed into the mix. A situation like a Wolverine coming out of X-Men.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think, if it comes back, the next season will likely be the last, and it'll be about 13 episodes.
              I agree, i cant see more than a 13 episodes order happening. I also wouldnt be suprised if it was put of untill mid season either.

Comment

NBC’s Angela Bromstad on the Prospects for Heroes

THR: Let’s run down some of the bubble shows. “Heroes”?

Bromstad: We met with (“Heroes” creator) Tim Kring (last week) and talked about a lot of things. It’s a wait-and-see for us.

THR: If “Heroes” does come back, is there a chance of it being announced as a final season?

Bromstad: We’re going to cross that bridge when we come to it.
                http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/04...ommunity/43858

Comment

reading between the lines, he's not optimistic but won't jinx himself by saying so, and he'll happily take whatever they give him

sigpic

Comment

reading between the lines, he's not optimistic but won't jinx himself by saying so, and he'll happily take whatever they give him
                    As he should. We deserve some sort of proper closure for this show.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      As he should. We deserve some sort of proper closure for this show.
                      Not just us but the people who have been on the show the past four years.

Comment

what they've led upto almost has to be very x-man like

heroes/mutants are common knowledge. some are good, some aren't, what do we do to control them? do they need to be controlled? etc, etc
                        unless they do that, play out the apocalpytic thing of mutants locked up, and then have hiro undo it and reset claire's little exhibition and it's over with teh secrets kept

who knows?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                          Not just us but the people who have been on the show the past four years.
                          Of course, them too. What can I say, I am selfish.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think Heroes is dead now. Surely we'd have heard something if the network had plans to continue with it?
                            sigpic
                            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

not totally. they often wait until the end of may sweeps to make thier final announcements

sigpic

Comment

I just hope that we'll get a final season. The season finale wasn't good enough to be a series finale. I don't need any huge superpowered battle. I just want closure for the series and the characters. Sure, it would be nice to have a lot of action as well. Just not as long as the character moments are sacrificed for the action, like in SGA's Enemy at the Gate.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X