The End of Time, Part 1 (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    Digi... You're saying that Wilf may be a Time Lord who used the chameleon arch to become human and had a kid who had a kid who became half Time Lord?
    Yeah I think that about covers it

Or something like that, anyway
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      Hmm. That would have been good - if a unfortunate that UNIT always appear rather blundering/evil these days (except in Planet of the Dead). The cult thing WAS a bit bonkers. And on that I was really hoping the squads hunting the Master were government. Not UNIT or Torchwood... but whichever gang were the antagonists in CoE. UNIT are too clear cut in their intentions - I do like a bit of conspiracy.
      UNIT were kinda evil in PotD. Holding a gun at the scientist's head in order to make him shut the portal and strand the Doctor [and the little people]? Bad UNIT! Bad! Also foolish UNIT. Even if a swarm of stingrays came through while waiting for the Doctor, they had the TARDIS right there. The Doctor in the TARDIS can deal with a few civilization-eating space fish.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Yeah I think that about covers it
        Or something like that, anyway
        In that case... the Time Lords ALL escaped Gallifrey by becoming human and sending themselves back to 20th/21st C Earth, leaving Wilf to pop out a watch and resurrect them all when the time was right? Nope, that'd be too much. I want some huge temporal thing to bring back the Time Lords... if they must come back at all. I really prefer the Doctor alone, but maybe he's been alone too long. I think that was the point of episodes like 'Dalek', 'Turn Left' and especially 'Waters of Mars'. The Doctor all by himself is a danger to himself and the universe. Maybe bringing back a hierarchy to rebel against will be good for him.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

In that case... the Time Lords ALL escaped Gallifrey by becoming human and sending themselves back to 20th/21st C Earth, leaving Wilf to pop out a watch and resurrect them all when the time was right? Nope, that'd be too much.
          Don't put words in my mouth, I just said Wilf, not all the Time Lords

I'm interested to see how all this fits together though. The four drumbeats, one beat from each heart of two Time Lords (the Doctor and the Master)? And the Master being the only one to hear it, is he the key to the resurrection of their race?
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I just watched Part 1 again, and man I can't shake the feeling that Wilfred Mott is involved with the Time Lords somehow.

The Doctor keeps encountering him, even before he met Donna. Donna was able to handle the human/Time Lord mix. Now he's the only one seeing the woman in white, who said to him that he was a soldier who joined the war too late to do anything--without actually saying which war she was referring to. Yes with the revolver it's pretty heavily implied that it's WW2, but I do find it intriguing that it's not specified.

Some sort of Time Lord sleeper agent perhaps?
            Well, remet Donna - he did meet Donna first in the Runaway Bride.
            But yes. IT definitely starts feeling suspicious with Wilf. As long as he survives part 2, I don't care though.
            Well, I will care if he turns out to be The Doctor's and the Master's secret father...

UNIT were kinda evil in PotD. Holding a gun at the scientist's head in order to make him shut the portal and strand the Doctor [and the little people]? Bad UNIT! Bad! Also foolish UNIT. Even if a swarm of stingrays came through while waiting for the Doctor, they had the TARDIS right there. The Doctor in the TARDIS can deal with a few civilization-eating space fish.
            (they were also pretty evil in Fragments....)
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

How DARE they arrest Tosh for making her own vibr... sonic device!

Secret father. LOL! Is that like a secret Santa? "You have my DNA! Surprise!"

Sadly, the whole "Who are you, Wilfred?" seemed far too much like what happened with Donna at the end of s4. The Doctor is clearly a snob; no 'little people' can have anything to do with him more than once, only big time-manipulatingly important beings dare apply to see him twice or more. Hmph.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                Well, remet Donna - he did meet Donna first in the Runaway Bride.
                But yes. IT definitely starts feeling suspicious with Wilf. As long as he survives part 2, I don't care though.
                Well, I will care if he turns out to be The Doctor's and the Master's secret father...

(they were also pretty evil in Fragments....)

I dunno, I think Fragments was realistic. They weren't evil - just professional. Fair play to them, it was one of their best portrayals imo.

How DARE they arrest Tosh for making her own vibr... sonic device!

Secret father. LOL! Is that like a secret Santa? "You have my DNA! Surprise!"

Sadly, the whole "Who are you, Wilfred?" seemed far too much like what happened with Donna at the end of s4. The Doctor is clearly a snob; no 'little people' can have anything to do with him more than once, only big time-manipulatingly important beings dare apply to see him twice or more. Hmph.
                You're right. It did seem very samey.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I realize they're building up to a big reveal with Wilf, but I would have liked if it was more Donna's subconscious helping him find the Doctor ("Gramps, go down to x Street and get me some milk." *Wilf runs into the Doctor.*). As it is, Donna's most likely the reason he met the Doctor in the first place. She got the first xmas special, Wilf got the second and was still in London in spite of the perceived alien 'threat'.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Watching the special, the scene with Lucy, the Master and the Cult of Saxon reminded me of something: the spoof Doctor Who: The Curse of Fatal Death. The sequence with the Doctor and the Master talking about who time traveled and bribed the architect first was a bit like Lucy and the Master talking about preparation for his return. Hilarious, but I'm not sure it's what RTD intended. And don't forget the lightning bolts the Master's firing.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      I dunno, I think Fragments was realistic. They weren't evil - just professional. Fair play to them, it was one of their best portrayals imo.
                      Well, the whole arrested-without-a-trial-and-put-in-a-2X2-cell-without-even-a-bed-or-toilets-til-the-end-of-time-or-failing-that-when-Jack-decided-he-needs-her... I wouldn't call that professional.
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I'm gunna miss Tennent, he was possibly the best Doctor ever!!!
                        I Said I'd Never Let You Go, And I Never Did. I Said I'd Never Let You Fall, And I Always Meant It.....♥♪♫
                        sigpicStargate Atlantis - Allies read the fanfic by Garrowan5th and PuddlejumperOz herehttp://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ht=garrowan5th

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                          Lucy Saxon ugly?
                          I thought she looked quiet fetching in that skimpy tracksuit.

*prays wife never sees this*
                          Google has some interesting images of Alexandra Moen if you take the safe search off......

Comment

lovely thanks

The Doctor met Wilf first iirc, in the xmas special about the titanic - think that's right, runaway bride came after that didn't it? (I might have got that wrong, too much new years drink)

Anyway I normally don't like repeating myself but it's a new page so... lol, RTD said in the podcast the war reference was the 2nd world war and he wasn't a time lord, of course they could be doing a Ron Moore and lying through his teeth but hey, we'll find out tomorrow.

I'm still of the thinking:
                            Spoiler:
                            Wilf will kill the master after the master kills the doctor and the woman on the tv will reserect the doctor into matt smith who will fix the master race etc.

random thought, doesn't the new doctor's assistant look a lot like a younger Donna Noble? along with Smith looking a lot like a young Tennant.

*goes off to google Alexandra Moen*
                            comes back
                            *holy smoke she's done some stuff hasn't she!*
                            Last edited by Ian-S; 31 December 2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Runaway Bride was first. Donna was his first post-Rose companion. AND THE BEST!!!!
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Runaway Bride was first. Donna was his first post-Rose companion. AND THE BEST!!!!
                                Jack is cooler.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X