No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saraiiiii - That banner in the first post is amazing! You outdid yourself!

Jumble - I really like those last two sigs of yours. I think you improved again!

*waves to everyone*
    *grabs links to tuts*

My mojo is completly gone these days, as is my free time, but I really like this thread.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    *waves to LG and SyFy* Welcome
    At first, I thought that was me... when I hadn't even been on GW since last night, but then I saw that we had ladygris here. Confusing nicknames!

Oh, and I have a question. Is the title inspired by Sanctuary? Or am I just watching the show too much?
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
      At first, I thought that was me... when I hadn't even been on GW since last night, but then I saw that we had ladygris here. Confusing nicknames!
      We'll figure it out, I think. Usually, I use lowercase letters (lg) if that helps.

Comment

You're very welcome! Yup, we're hoping to have lots of fun while we're learning new things from each other
        Can't wait for the fun to begin!

Thanks
        Welcome.

Oh very nice! I love the 'hug' one - so true
        Thanks. And yep.

I'm glad to see you're still making artwork - we haven't seen you around for aaaaaages!
        Oh, I'm still making artwork...I just...started a graphic art thread in the SPN section because all my artwork of late has been for that show and there didn't seem to be much interest in SPN arts in the other graphic art thread so, yeah.

What does 7in7s mean? 20in20s for livejournal? Sorry, I'm having a "stupid day" today.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Saraiiiii - That banner in the first post is amazing! You outdid yourself!

Jumble - I really like those last two sigs of yours. I think you improved again!
          Thank you It's a really nice tut

*waves to everyone*
          *grabs links to tuts*

My mojo is completly gone these days, as is my free time, but I really like this thread.

Don't worry, we'll sort ourselves out as we go along

Oh, and I have a question. Is the title inspired by Sanctuary? Or am I just watching the show too much?
          Now that you mention it, maybe my subconscious was prodding me when we were trying to think up a suitable name! I blame Martin

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
          Can't wait for the fun to begin!

Welcome.

Thanks. And yep.

Oh, I'm still making artwork...I just...started a graphic art thread in the SPN section because all my artwork of late has been for that show and there didn't seem to be much interest in SPN arts in the other graphic art thread so, yeah.

What does 7in7s mean? 20in20s for livejournal? Sorry, I'm having a "stupid day" today.
          Well you can post any artwork you like on here - everything is welcome

Yes, 7in7 is like the 20in20s but with just 7 icons. Not everyone has the time to make 20, so we thought 7 wood be more doable

Comment

Okay, for the uninitiated......

What ARE 7in7s? And 20in20s?

Comment

Just found this thread and thought that I might share my attempt at making sigs, these are my first real attempts at it and I did it using this tutorial:

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...o-brushes.html

Anyway I hope you like them:

Nicholas Angel sig 2 (1).jpg

captainjack4 (1).jpg
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the invite! I love the idea of this thread!

So this week is tuts? Let me go see what I can scrounge up......
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                  Okay, for the uninitiated......

What ARE 7in7s? And 20in20s?
                  20in20s are challenges, usually on LiveJournal, where you are given some themes and have to make 20 icons/avatars for them. We're doing 7 in our challenges because 20 is a lot to make and not everyone wood have the time Don't worry, all the challenges will be explained when they are posted

Comment

Hmmm. . . .sounds fun.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                      Just found this thread and thought that I might share my attempt at making sigs, these are my first real attempts at it and I did it using this tutorial:

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...o-brushes.html

Anyway I hope you like them:

*snip*
                      Welcome to the thread

Your first attempts? They turned out well Love Captain Jack

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                      Thanks for the invite! I love the idea of this thread!

So this week is tuts? Let me go see what I can scrounge up......
                      Technically we haven't started yet since we didn't know how much interest there wood be, but please feel free to post your tuts anyway Tuts are always welcome

I can see I'm going to be very busy filing and bookmarking if today is anything to go by

Thank you all for getting us off to such a good start! I hope you will visit often and enjoy the thread
                      Last edited by Jumble; 31 July 2016, 07:21 AM.

Comment

20in20s are challenges, usually on LiveJournal, where you are given some themes and have to make 20 icons/avatars for them. We're doing 7 in our challenges because 20 is a lot to make and not everyone wood have the time Don't worry, all the challenges will be explained when they are posted
                        Exemple here. (Shameless plug.)
                        It's the last one I did. I don't think I've ever linked it on GW. (Not by best work though, I was in a rush when I made them!) You can see the different themes and then the related icons.
                        sigpic

Comment

Exemple here. (Shameless plug.)
                          It's the last one I did. I don't think I've ever linked it on GW. (Not by best work though, I was in a rush when I made them!) You can see the different themes and then the related icons.
                          Thanks, that's very helpful

Now I really must go to bed - it's almost 1am

Comment

Well you can post any artwork you like on here - everything is welcome
                            Cool.

Yes, 7in7 is like the 20in20s but with just 7 icons. Not everyone has the time to make 20, so we thought 7 wood be more doable
                            Okay, that only clears about half of it up for me...

This explanation is a little bit better but I still don't get the wording... 20in20s... is it like, 20 icons in 20 s...something? Or am I still being stupid about this?
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                              This explanation is a little bit better but I still don't get the wording... 20in20s... is it like, 20 icons in 20 s...something? Or am I still being stupid about this?
                              20in20s... It's 20 icons in 20 themes, but roughly, it think it's just the name people on LJ came up with. There are dozens 20in20s communities.

We're going to do 7 icons from 7 different themes.

Does that clear it up a bit?
                              sigpic

Comment

*happy dances through thread*

Now, if only I had time to PS. I may try something soon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X