Teen Wolf Reboot MTV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
    I'm surprised at the lower turnout for the next night. I've been watching on MuchMusic in Canada.

Ep. 3 gives a whole new look to the show, opening up more players. During the first commercial break, the Much person who was "hosting" the show, said that Mr. Argent looked "wolfish" and figured that maybe he had been a wolf in the past, and was able to overcome it. I'm not so sure after I saw the rest of the show, he could be a werewolf too, and he's merely taking out the competition.

I guess we'll find out more as the season progresses!

PS the Much "host" also said the guy who plays Stiles, was found through Youtube when he posted a video of himself. He's my fav. character of the show so far, right from the first scene. He is the more sensible one.
    LOL...IDK if I'd call Stiles sensible. He's very spastic and reactionary at times. He is a fun character and good comic relief.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to like the show. I think the main reason is how MTV does shows, mainly the Real World and Teen Mom type of shows. Those really don't draw me in. I do like this show, so I think I'm gonna stick around and watch the rest of the season.

As for the episode, "Pack Mentality", I like how they twisted it as to where it wasn't Derek that bit Scott. My theory is that perhaps Mr. Argent is the Alpha wolf. I also think that it would be cool to see Stargate alumni on the show. They already have JR Bourne on there.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to "dinner with the enemy". One of the twitter comments on Jr. Bourne's twitter speculated that Argent is the alpha. I think so too.
        Spoiler:
        I like how at the end of ep. 3, we see the glowing eyes outside Derek's house.

I've never watched a tv show made by a music channel, the last time I tried was called Karaoke High on bpmtv (in Canada). It sucked. This show is worthy of Space channel, but I'm somewhat glad it's on Much Music (in Canada)/MTV (in USA), since Much Music and Much More Music do have fairly good movies on the weekends, so this tv show is on that same road.

Excellently well done, real world consequences, not just new story every week, but continuance. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          I saw the trailer for it a while back, thought it was absolutely crap. They shouldn't bother calling it Teen Wolf. It screamed Twilight without the Vampires to me.
          Same here...
          The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
            I'm starting to like the show. I think the main reason is how MTV does shows, mainly the Real World and Teen Mom type of shows. Those really don't draw me in. I do like this show, so I think I'm gonna stick around and watch the rest of the season.

As for the episode, "Pack Mentality", I like how they twisted it as to where it wasn't Derek that bit Scott. My theory is that perhaps Mr. Argent is the Alpha wolf. I also think that it would be cool to see Stargate alumni on the show. They already have JR Bourne on there.
            I agree, I did like the little twist up in episode 3. It was pretty cool. Mr. Argent being the alpha, now that would be an interesting twist since he's a hunter.

Its always cool to see Stargate alums!

I'm looking forward to "dinner with the enemy". One of the twitter comments on Jr. Bourne's twitter speculated that Argent is the alpha. I think so too.
            Spoiler:
            I like how at the end of ep. 3, we see the glowing eyes outside Derek's house.

I've never watched a tv show made by a music channel, the last time I tried was called Karaoke High on bpmtv (in Canada). It sucked. This show is worthy of Space channel, but I'm somewhat glad it's on Much Music (in Canada)/MTV (in USA), since Much Music and Much More Music do have fairly good movies on the weekends, so this tv show is on that same road.

Excellently well done, real world consequences, not just new story every week, but continuance. I love it.
            I agree, this show is pretty good and it seems to be improving each week. I hope this trend continues! Which episode is "dinner with the enemy?"

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
            Same here...
            I really wish people would watch the show and not base their opinions on a trailer that didn't do the show justice. I know if I was the one making negative comments like that, I'd be ripped a new one by forum regulars and mods alike (sorry mods...but its happened).
            sigpic

Comment

I thought it would be horrible, based on the fact that it's airing on MTV(IMO, pretty much everything MTV airs is garbage). I was picturing there being a lot of fighting over getting the attention of the pretty girl. It's really not like that so far, the teen romance aspect hasn't been that big a part of the first 3 episodes; it's there, but its not cringeworthy(like it is in Twilight imo). It's a fun series, I like it so far.
              Last edited by VampyreWraith; 19 June 2011, 08:58 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

"Dinner with enemy" is what I'm calling Ep 4, since he's going to the Argent's for dinner and he's a hunter, ergo enemy.

And regarding your answer to me before about Stiles, I still think he's sensible. Looking up info about werewolves while the other guy (the werewolf, I can't remember his name) goes off fawning the girl. I'd like a friend like that, plus he's cute too. The "shaggy dog" hairdo is not really my thing.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                  I thought it would be horrible, based on the fact that it's airing on MTV(IMO, pretty much everything MTV airs is garbage). I was picturing there being a lot of fighting over getting the attention of the pretty girl. It's really not like that so far, the teen romance aspect hasn't been that big a part of the first 3 episodes; it's there, but its not cringeworthy(like it is in Twilight imo). It's a fun series, I like it so far.
                  Glad you like it! And you're right, the romance is there, but its not over the top or dripping with goo like the Twilight movies.

"Dinner with enemy" is what I'm calling Ep 4, since he's going to the Argent's for dinner and he's a hunter, ergo enemy.

And regarding your answer to me before about Stiles, I still think he's sensible. Looking up info about werewolves while the other guy (the werewolf, I can't remember his name) goes off fawning the girl. I'd like a friend like that, plus he's cute too. The "shaggy dog" hairdo is not really my thing.
                  Ahhh...Episode 4 is Magic Bullet...that's why it was throwing me off.

LOL...ok...if I had to rank the people in order of "cuteness"...It would be Derek, Jackson, Scott, Stiles.
                  sigpic

Comment

MuchMusic

If anyone hasn't been able to see them, they are viewable here.

Just saw ep 4.

Spoiler:
                    Argent's got a sister and she's like a super-hunter. And it was surprising to see Allison come to the rescue of Scott showing she was the culprit going into Kate's bag (her aunt). And it was nice to see Stiles as a semi-hero in this one, going out of his way to save Derek.
                    Last edited by Ibn Rushd; 20 June 2011, 07:10 PM. Reason: another sentence added

Comment

Another excellent episode!
                      Spoiler:
                      Allison is getting suspicious of her Dad and Aunt. I felt bad for Derek getting shot. I really think since Argent was talking about the Alpha that he isn't the one...although...that could be a tactic to throw us off!
                      sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf episode 4 review: Magic Bullet

Ron Hogan

Teen Wolf still faces challenges, but the show is hitting its stride. Can it pull all of its segments together, though? Here's Ron's review...

Published on Jun 21, 2011

This review contains spoilers.

Spoiler:
                        1.4 Magic Bullet

One of the nasty parts about being a werewolf is probably the fact that people keep trying to kill you. While Scott's only gotten an arrow into the arm so far, Derek Hale has been far less lucky. The family home was burned to the ground, his sister was killed, and in this episode, he gets shot in the arm with some kind of magic poisoned bullet. Note to self: if you ever become a werewolf, invest in a bulletproof vest.

Still, an injured Derek stumbles into the way of Stiles and Scott, and since Scott's got a job to do (find the magic bullet at Allison's house and save Derek's life), that leaves Stiles to care for the injured, angry Derek. And yes, it's as amusing as you could imagine, given Stiles' general character's reality-based lifestyle and Hale's brooding older werewolf shtick.

Stiles, as a character, is a great grounding element to the show, and he's generally the best thing about whatever scene he's in. His interaction with Hale in this episode? Priceless stuff, really. Very funny and great writing, without being too jokey.

Meanwhile, in order for Scott to infiltrate the Argent household, he uses his connection with Allison to get in the door and do a little learning about her background. What he finds out, he doesn't seem to like, but then she starts making out with him and that makes things much more tolerable. Then, her father comes home. Cue awkwardness. Cue barely restrained distaste.

And also, cue new character, Kate Argent (Jill Wagner), who turns the awkwardness up to eleven by commenting on Scott's cute brown eyes while inviting him over for dinner. So, Scott gets a nice family meal and Stiles gets to wrangle an angry, threatening werewolf. Seems fair.

One of the dynamics the show introduced this week was Allison's werewolf-hunting family and their relationships, both with one another and the world at large. Allison, who last week showed off gymnastics and high fall skills, now confesses to being an archery nut, while her father's career as a "gun dealer" is revealed to Scott. The Argent family backstory, as well as the Hale family backstory, are being filled out at a steady, but not too heavy pace.

Meanwhile, Allison's aunt, Kate, has added both a sense of fun to the Argent family (via her gentle teasing of Scott) and a sense of danger to the Argent family (via her blatant threatening of Scott later in the episode). She seems like she's going to be trouble, and not only because she seems like the person on the show most likely to shotgun our hero to death. She's helped establish the dynamics of the Argent family. Argent, the father, has rules about killing and injuring werewolves, Kate, not so much, it seems, given her brief square off with Argent over the hunting of Derek Hale.

This week seems as though the show is finding a steady stride. Of all four episodes, episode four is the one that seems to work the best at all the elements the show is striving to incorporate: romance, intrigue, suspense, action, and comedy. There are some genuinely great moments between Stiles and Derek. On a similar tone, the whole dinner scene between Scott and the Argents is very uncomfortable (and when Allison covers for Scott's snooping, it gets even better). It goes without saying that this episode featured the least amount of Scott's high school nemeses, Lydia and Jackson.

The toughest part of the show will be making the high school segments work better than the non-high school segments. I like Scott as a werewolf, and I like the werewolf drama, but the high school drama? Not so much. There's the tough part of the show. Make that come together (or keep writing around it) and we'll be onto something.

Source: Den of Geek

All in all a good review! IMHO, the show keeps on delivering and getting better each week!
                        sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf Episode 5: "The Tell"

Season 1, Episode 5

Spoiler:
                          Episode Synopsis: There's another animal attack involving Lydia and Jackson, raising more questions about wild animals. Meanwhile, Scott and Allison skip school and Derek must deal with the werewolf hunters on his own. Original Air Date: Jun 27, 2011
                          sigpic

Comment

My post contains questions and spoilers.

Spoiler:
                            1) The beginning sequence with the woman in car and werewolf tracking her got me scared, then she pulled a shotgun. I figured she was another hunter, but it got even more plot twisting when we discover she's Argent's sister. (Does he have a name yet?)

2) What's with the glass shards on Allison's car? And what was the powder she stepped on?

3) Derek is getting to be more likeable, plus he is handsome so that's a plus.

LtColCarter, the review you posted from Den of Geek was very good. I'm still not sure why people are not liking this show, and the ratings are struggling. I suppose a highly specialty channel like MTV and MuchMusic would make only those who watch those channels anyway watch these programs, plus they're not on antenna.

Comment

My post contains questions and spoilers.

Spoiler:
                              1) The beginning sequence with the woman in car and werewolf tracking her got me scared, then she pulled a shotgun. I figured she was another hunter, but it got even more plot twisting when we discover she's Argent's sister. (Does he have a name yet?)

2) What's with the glass shards on Allison's car? And what was the powder she stepped on?

3) Derek is getting to be more likeable, plus he is handsome so that's a plus.

LtColCarter, the review you posted from Den of Geek was very good. I'm still not sure why people are not liking this show, and the ratings are struggling. I suppose a highly specialty channel like MTV and MuchMusic would make only those who watch those channels anyway watch these programs, plus they're not on antenna.
                              To answer your spoiler questions:
                              Spoiler:
                              No, we know everyone's name but Mr. Argent's name. Even on IMDB.com it only has him listed as "Argent."

The car with the glass shards was Kate's SUV. I don't know what the powder is, but I would assume (based on my knowledge of other supernatural type shows) that it is some sort of "werewolf-b-gone" powder.

Yes, Derek is getting more likeable, but he's still a bit stiff and rigid. Once he gets the board outta his booty...I'm sure he'll be even more likeable.

I don't think the issue is people not liking the show. Some people (as you can see from comments on here) didn't even give the show a chance because it is on MTV and because the trailers and teasers really didn't do the show justice. Also the show is billed as a reboot of the movie from 1985, but IMHO it blows the 1985 movie outta the water. The writers are doing an excellent job of balancing all aspects of the show.
                              sigpic

Comment

Totally agree that it's better than the movie. And I saw it, it was awful.

I think another issue is that it's during the summer, and that is "re-run season" so no one's paying attention or looking for new shows. Everyone's at the beach on vacation (except us).

Spoiler:
                                I realized that about the car when I started to rewatch it last night. Allison's car is dark, and Kate's is old and brown.

I just noticed that is seems to be just us 2 on the thread. Where'd everybody go?

Comment

Working...
                                X