Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopesetfree View Post
    I recently caught The Storm/The Eye again at a friend's house, and while I did not externally show my flailing, inside I was flailing so much. When the show first aired, The Eye was the first SGA episode I'd seen (and only the last few minutes, at that), and the whole exchange at the end where John saves Elizabeth from Kolya and asks her if she's all right.. man. I squealed internally, and I had no idea who these people were or what was going on, but I knew I wanted to know more. That brief flash of chemistry right there is what convinced me to watch SGA in the first place (I had been a huge fan of SG1, but hadn't had much interest in Atlantis until that moment).

After I started watching the show from the beginning, I could see the writers were trying to push John/Teyla... but to me, Sparky was where all the chemistry was at. I usually have a multishipper's heart, and I've written one or two gift fics for people that were John/Teyla back in my LiveJournal days, but in my heart, John/Elizabeth was always what captivated me and ever since it has never let me go (though, for quite a while, I did have an oddball interest for Teyla/Carson, but I think I was probably quite alone in that ship, haha).
    You were absolutely not alone. Since we've been rewatching, I have noticed a lot of great chemistry between those two. He even calls her "love."
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by itsaparadox View Post
      There's a one shot called A World That Never Was.
      Aha, I'll have to check that one out, thanks for the rec!

I recently caught The Storm/The Eye again at a friend's house, and while I did not externally show my flailing, inside I was flailing so much. When the show first aired, The Eye was the first SGA episode I'd seen (and only the last few minutes, at that), and the whole exchange at the end where John saves Elizabeth from Kolya and asks her if she's all right.. man. I squealed internally, and I had no idea who these people were or what was going on, but I knew I wanted to know more. That brief flash of chemistry right there is what convinced me to watch SGA in the first place (I had been a huge fan of SG1, but hadn't had much interest in Atlantis until that moment).

After I started watching the show from the beginning, I could see the writers were trying to push John/Teyla... but to me, Sparky was where all the chemistry was at. I usually have a multishipper's heart, and I've written one or two gift fics for people that were John/Teyla back in my LiveJournal days, but in my heart, John/Elizabeth was always what captivated me and ever since it has never let me go (though, for quite a while, I did have an oddball interest for Teyla/Carson, but I think I was probably quite alone in that ship, haha).
      Oh no, not at all! Teyla/Carson is freaking adorable! I think quite a lot of us shipped them.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        A rewatch here on the board (even if it's just a few episodes instead of the whole series) might be fun.
        Depending on the day I'm in if we do it. I could use the excuse to watch some episodes again. And it'll force me to figure out more of the features of my new computer.

I know I am a lurker on this board that rarely emerges (mostly because I don't have anything of value to add), but I just want to say that this thread and all of you wonderful people make me so happy with your posts! Sparky is still alive and well, and I love that others still hold this ship as dear to their hearts as I do.
        Being that Sparky is what got me into shipping and eventually into posting here, I agree completely.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Thank you everyone!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Even if you feel like you have very little to add, add it anyway...
          I will try! I am sort of a recluse by nature (hence the lurking), but I always want to interact with fellow fans, and see and read the awesome things they create. Some of the most interesting people I've ever met were through fandom!

I'm so glad that others like Teyla/Carson! They were just adorable together, and not to mention that they were such a good fit: A mild-mannered doctor and a fierce warrior. *happy sigh* Now I have to resist the urge to wander off and find good fic, at least until this weekend!

I've been rewatching SG1 recently, though it's slow going (between work and family, I can't marathon episodes the way I used to!). When I finish up, I'll be rewatching SGA. There are still several episodes in late season 4 and much of season 5 I haven't seen, though I've heard much about them. At the time, I couldn't bear to watch the episodes without Elizabeth (sorry if that sounds kind of dramatic, but it was a weird time in my life). This time, I'll watch all of them. My family is pestering me to watch SGU with them, too, so I guess I'll sit down and watch along.

I've been digging through my chest of unpublished fic lately. It's mostly stuff I wrote a long time ago and never had the confidence to post, and a lot of it is for pretty obscure/non-existent fandoms (which, now that AO3 is a thing, makes me wonder if I should go ahead and publish them after all. Maybe there's someone out there who wants to read obscure fandom fic!). But there are a ton of Sparky fics, too. I have one in particular, a 26,000 word fic that I never finished, and it's about 50% of the way done, maybe? I've started poking at it again, and reworking it. Maybe I'll get some time to work on it.

But I should, you know, probably rewatch SGA first, and see what little details I've forgotten, haha. The first three seasons will definitely help stoke the fires of my internal Sparky shipper.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I've been rewatching SG1 recently, though it's slow going (between work and family, I can't marathon episodes the way I used to!). When I finish up, I'll be rewatching SGA. There are still several episodes in late season 4 and much of season 5 I haven't seen, though I've heard much about them. At the time, I couldn't bear to watch the episodes without Elizabeth (sorry if that sounds kind of dramatic, but it was a weird time in my life). This time, I'll watch all of them. My family is pestering me to watch SGU with them, too, so I guess I'll sit down and watch along.
            Actually, a lot of Sparky and Elizabeth fans dropped the show after Season 3. Some stuck around to watch the episodes with Elizabeth, others didn't watch them at all. So you're in good company.

I've been digging through my chest of unpublished fic lately. It's mostly stuff I wrote a long time ago and never had the confidence to post, and a lot of it is for pretty obscure/non-existent fandoms (which, now that AO3 is a thing, makes me wonder if I should go ahead and publish them after all. Maybe there's someone out there who wants to read obscure fandom fic!). But there are a ton of Sparky fics, too. I have one in particular, a 26,000 word fic that I never finished, and it's about 50% of the way done, maybe? I've started poking at it again, and reworking it. Maybe I'll get some time to work on it.

But I should, you know, probably rewatch SGA first, and see what little details I've forgotten, haha. The first three seasons will definitely help stoke the fires of my internal Sparky shipper.
            Heh, I know what you mean. It's been a while since I've watched SGA and I'm sure there's a lot I've forgotten.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I know I am a lurker on this board that rarely emerges (mostly because I don't have anything of value to add), but I just want to say that this thread and all of you wonderful people make me so happy with your posts! Sparky is still alive and well, and I love that others still hold this ship as dear to their hearts as I do.
              Ahhhh. This ship. Love, obsession. It's a very fine line I choose not to scrutinize. I'll just say guilty.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              Being that Sparky is what got me into shipping and eventually into posting here, I agree completely.
              Guilty again. Me too.

And a rewatch always sounds good to me. And wine. Wine is good.
              Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 18 May 2017, 06:20 AM.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                Especially with some episodes more than others, am I right?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Especially with some episodes more than others, am I right?
                  You know it! I'm not a fan of hard liquor, but season four and five might pair better with my neighbor's tequila.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                    Guilty again. Me too.

I'd agree with the last part but the local winery I like closed about 2 years ago.

Comment

My fave winery is in a different state. Have not picked out a winery I like here yet.
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I suffer through it stone cole sober -- though the chocolate stash rarely survives.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                          My fave winery is in a different state. Have not picked out a winery I like here yet.
                          Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          I'd agree with the last part but the local winery I like closed about 2 years ago.
                          We are so lucky to live within a couple of hours of dozens of great wineries. In fact, winetasting day trips are a big thing here.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            We are so lucky to live within a couple of hours of dozens of great wineries. In fact, winetasting day trips are a big thing here.
                            *high-fives* There's a couple of wineries, at least one distillery, and a couple of breweries out here in the islands. Then there's the cider & mead festival in a couple of months. I'd say we're in pretty good shape.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

*high-fives* There's a couple of wineries, at least one distillery, and a couple of breweries out here in the islands. Then there's the cider & mead festival in a couple of months. I'd say we're in pretty good shape.
                              That you are. Distilleries and breweries are the latest thing here too. There's a brewery set to open near SR Jr that he can't wait for.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                That you are. Distilleries and breweries are the latest thing here too. There's a brewery set to open near SR Jr that he can't wait for.
                                That reminds me, I need to ask my sister when the new brewery that's about 7 blocks from my work is going to open.

Comment

Working...
                                X