No announcement yet.

Ronon's hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very sad to hear this. I hope he at least continues to wear them on the show though. And in this picture
    http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9624/pic01gn7.jpg

His dread locks look way thinner there than they do now. Why is that?

Vala,

Comment

Jason looks lovely and is lovely either way
      though i did have a fondness for the dreds
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I assume he's only wearing them through the premiere to keep with continuity and then Ronon's getting a haircut.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
          I'm very sad to hear this. I hope he at least continues to wear them on the show though. And in this picture
          http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9624/pic01gn7.jpg

His dread locks look way thinner there than they do now. Why is that?

Vala,

I guess his hair grew between that pic and now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            I assume he's only wearing them through the premiere to keep with continuity and then Ronon's getting a haircut.
            Nah, alien boll weevils infest his head and eat 'em off. It's a tragic tale...

Comment

Quote from JM's blog
              To those of you asking - yes, Jason did cut his hair. The dreads were becoming a bit of a pain and he asked us if he could go ahead and lose them. Paul and I wanted to accommodate him but were a little concerned given that the first episode of season 5 will pretty much pick up events as we leave them in the final episode of season 4, and we figured the fans might notice the not-so-subtle change in hairstyle. Well, after getting on the phone with Jason’s hair expert (no kidding), we arrived at a solution. Jason could lose the dreads provided he held on to them. A couple of weeks prior to the start of principal photography for season five, they would be reattached in a procedure that would take approximately four hours, and he would have them back for premiere. Thus, Jason is happy and continuity is maintained. As for the ultimate fate of those dreads - that, among many other things, is up for discussion this week.
              So its not definite that they will be going for good. I`m sure PTB would rather keep them as they are a rather important part of Ronon's appearance, but if Jason really wants to get rid of them I`ll sure they will facilitate him.
              I think if he loses them we`ll get used to it. CJ was a slaphead for 8 years and never failed to look particularly dangerous and imposing when he needed to.

Comment

Maybe the team will be infested with parasites and EVERYONE will need to shave their heads. Poor Teyla.
                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 29 October 2007, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                  a moment of silence for the hair

Indeed.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    I guess his hair grew between that pic and now.
                    Yeah, I knew that but why would they get thicker? Shouldn't they stay the same thickness?

Vala,

Comment

i so hope he finally loses that hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        Yeah, I knew that but why would they get thicker? Shouldn't they stay the same thickness?

Vala,
                        Depends on how they're maintained. They definitely don't have to remain the same thickness.

Also, I'm going to miss the dreads I thought they added a lot to Ronon's imposing look.

Comment

Oh my! Best news for today!

I just saw him without his dreads and boy does he look gorgeous.

I am so happy those dreads are going!!!! Oh yes!

It's good to have change in style on the show.

Just like Daniel when he had long hair in Stargate and chopped it off at the start of Season 3 - just looked hot!-

Yeh!! Ronan will be the hunk of Stargate!
                          sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

would be cool if he looses all his hair in an explosion, all facial hair burned away

Comment

Oh my God...he looks like such a dork.

But dorks (and geeks, and nerds) are cool here, so it's a compliment.
                              Someone needs his eyesight checked.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                              Still hot either way.
                              Oh, my yes.

Originally posted by tjmitchem View Post
                              Depends on how they're maintained. They definitely don't have to remain the same thickness.

Also, I'm going to miss the dreads I thought they added a lot to Ronon's imposing look.
                              Agreed. They were distinctly Ronon.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              Maybe the team will be infested with parasites and EVERYONE will need to shave their heads. Poor Teyla.
                              Don't even THINK such things.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Oh my God...he looks like such a dork.

But dorks (and geeks, and nerds) are cool here, so it's a compliment.
                                Yeah, that's why so many women have lusted after him when he did Baywatch Hawaii

Comment

Working...
                                X