Sight Unseen (613)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
    sorry i can't get over the size of the bugs i would be freaking out. but if i was a member of sg1 i guess i wouldn't be so much because i would be use to the weird happening
    i would love it to have weird things happen to me... and I would love to be a member of SG-1... cause the weird and freaky always happens to them.
    sigpic

Comment

i agree i would love it to. i like weird and wacky there lives are never boring because of wired and wacky
      sigpic

Comment

One of my favorite episodes of this season. Creepy bugs that no one else can see, conspiracy theories, alien devices, what more could you want
        sigpic

Comment

Very X-Files once again. I did like the resolution of the story too.
          sigpic

Comment

man..I mixed up the disc and watched this episode thinking it's the first episode of the season.I was like "how that guy joined the team?!"
            liked the episode,though

Comment

The overall story is a bit slow, a bit of a drag. It would have been interesting had reconfiguring the crystals produced visions of other types of creatures or humans in parallel dimensions rather than just the bugs. The scene with the grandmother seemed like extra filler.
              In any case I see where RDA got his way for less on-screen time in the Season 6.

Comment

If the alien device was such an imminent threat, why did Hammond insist on finding a way to shut it off instead of immediately shipping it back where it came from?

Comment

Originally posted by liminoid View Post
                  If the alien device was such an imminent threat, why did Hammond insist on finding a way to shut it off instead of immediately shipping it back where it came from?
                  They did ship it back where it came from. It didn't make any difference to the people seeing the bugs.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                    They did ship it back where it came from. It didn't make any difference to the people seeing the bugs.

Seaboe
                    Only after they decided to shut down the machine first, a move they seemed to deem risky but pursued anyway.

Interdimensional bleedthrough effect. Interdimensional bleedthrough effect. Interdimensional bleedthrough effect.

Comment

I stuck a VHS into the machine.

1. Those bugs were very freaky looking.

2. And I couldn't blame them for thinking Jonas was going nuts.

3. Jack(to Sam) "I just want you to cum" Even my non-shipper mind wound up in the gutter!

Overall though, meh.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                        I stuck a VHS into the machine.

1. Those bugs were very freaky looking.

2. And I couldn't blame them for thinking Jonas was going nuts.

3. Jack(to Sam) "I just want you to cum" Even my non-shipper mind wound up in the gutter!

Overall though, meh.
                        okay, i know he didn't really say that to her (in those words ), but where in the ep did this almost dialog happen!? i even went to a transcript place to find that line (or close to it), and it didn't show up.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

OK, sorry...not the exact line but...(I spent last night with a bunch of gutter-dwelling scifi fans in RL!)

INT—SGC CORRIDOR
                          [O'Neill and Carter walk down the corridor. Carter is still in BDUs while O'Neill wears civilian garb.]
                          O'NEILL
                          (unenthusiastically)
                          I could stay.
                          CARTER
                          We've all been cleared, sir. The base is clean. Jonas is probably suffering from stress. This is all still pretty new to him.
                          [They reach the elevator and O'Neill scans his key card through the reader.]
                          O'NEILL
                          (casually)
                          You could come with.
                          CARTER
                          Sir?
                          O'NEILL
                          Fishing, Carter. I'm going fishing.
                          CARTER
                          You know I'm planning on studying the artifact.
                          O'NEILL
                          (dryly)
                          Yes. There's always something isn't there.
                          [The elevator arrives and O'Neill steps inside. The technician and an SF are inside.]
                          CARTER
                          Oh, come on, sir. We both know the only reason you asked is because you knew I had something else to do.
                          O'NEILL
                          No, really. I think you should come…fish. Fish some more.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

An average and boring episode of SG-1.

There's not much else to say.

Tomorrow, Kinsey is assassinated.
                            sigpic

Comment

Question: I must have missed something. How does one lose the ability to see the bugs?

If it's just touching someone who is 'cured', why doesn't the 'sick' person reinfect the 'cured' person?
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

The worst episode of an outstanding season for me. Even rewatching it for this rewatch didn't change my view of it.

I still don't see what the point of that device was really, bit silly having the ability to see odd bugs in other dimensions?! This device must have ended up in the Ancient 'seemed like a great idea at the time' catalogue of inventions, much like those weird and whacky inventions made through the late 19th to mid 20th century!

Comment

Working...
                                X