Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Does this link work for you? stargatecommand.co/
    Nope, I still get the "Site can't be reached" message.

Don't worry about it though -- I'm not the fan they are looking for anyway.
    I can only access their free zone so it's not like I'm missing out on anything cool.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Fair enough.I doubt I'm the fan they're looking for either,given that I wish the international roll-out had been sorted out before launch,and haven't signed up yet.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Fair enough.I doubt I'm the fan they're looking for either,given that I wish the international roll-out had been sorted out before launch,and haven't signed up yet.
        Actually, it was only the US that was allowed to sign up early, so when the site launches today (or later today), the app will also go live, and that's how UK (and Germany, Canada, Oz & NZ) peeps can sign up for all-access.

So, you are in fact very much a fan they are looking for.

The rest of the fandom is only allowed in steerage (3rd class).

Comment

Nice of you say I'm in the right category.Geographically? Yes.Right now,financially? Nope.
          If I decide to enlist (once it's possible to do so) I need to make sure my dog's upcoming trip to the vet isn't going to bust my account first.His health is more important than any show any day,though I'm genuinely interested in Catherine Langford's backstory and in seeing what they come up with.

I don't think the rest of the world will be shut out for long,but I do understand why you're feeling shunned!
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I don't think the rest of the world will be shut out for long,but I do understand why you're feeling shunned!
            When it comes to all-access, the only thing the rest of the fandom might (and I stress the might) have access to at some point in time (far too late in time, I'm afraid) would be Origins.

All the cool new stuff they've been recording for it in the last few weeks, like interviews and whatnot is off limits.

So yeah, I'm not feeling too much Stargate love at the moment.

Comment

I really want this to be the start of something. How likely that is remains to be seen. I will probably give Origins a shot, even though I am not a fan of 10 minute episodes. They should have just given us the full 100 minute movie, which is what this really is.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I really want this to be the start of something. How likely that is remains to be seen. I will probably give Origins a shot, even though I am not a fan of 10 minute episodes. They should have just given us the full 100 minute movie, which is what this really is.
                If you put the 10 episodes together, you have one movie.

Hey, at least you have access -- no complaining now. That's only for the people in steerage.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  If you put the 10 episodes together, you have one movie.

Hey, at least you have access -- no complaining now. That's only for the people in steerage.
                  Very true. I shouldn't complain. I just hope this venture leads to more. It has been tough without Stargate.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

BIG NEWS!!

Stargate Command and MGM announced Stargate Origins sweetstakes to win a VIP tour to the Stargate Origins set in LA -- big fancy weekend.

It's open to US residents only -- and that made me snort so loud, I woke the cats from their peaceful sleep.

MGM is thanking the fans alright -- just too bad, the audience wasn't there to keep Universe in the air. Alienate the rest who might be able to give it another go, and this "reboot" has sunk before it has even gotten off the ground.

Comment

It's more than likely due to covering the costs of worldwide flights. It's nothing strange either. I'm sure plenty of competitions are restricted to the country running them. MGM isn't setting out to be evil and alienate their fanbase with this.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        It's more than likely due to covering the costs of worldwide flights. It's nothing strange either. I'm sure plenty of competitions are restricted to the country running them. MGM isn't setting out to be evil and alienate their fanbase with this.
                        Oh, I know that... Also, you don't send a European to LA for 2 days -- the jetlag alone would be murder.

I just thought it was funny... or maybe not, I don't know. I'm not feeling the MGM love for international fans anyway so this was just icing on the cake for the 5 who do think they are included in the exclusive stuff.

Comment

It's interesting that they didn't include Canada in the sweepstakes since it was huge part of the TV portion of the franchise.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                            Intentional or not, evil or not, I think we can already predict what the result of this whole "relaunch" will be for the franchise... I predict a demise instead of a reboot...

Anyways, call me spiteful, maybe it is, but I'm not sure I want it to succeed in its current format.

Personally, I even prefer a demise than a prequel-webseries that sounds so boring (Catherine Langford, seriously??) And a website full of rehashing old existing information and commercially selling it to fans as if it's new.

They just should have sold the rights of the franchise long ago. Maybe to netflix, who knows.

Comment

^^ has a good point.

I'm feeling quite resentful and more than a bit jealous of those who do have access and get to enjoy the "cool bits". But at the same time I rejoice at the idea that much of what is marketed as "brand new behind the scenes" are actually the behind the scenes readily available on the DVD's and nothing is really new.

It's a rehash of all material. And also, the episodes available for streaming cannot be watched on all devices. The system lacks in possibilities. They can't be watched offline and with the latest updates to the app, the screen goes black after a few minutes which has resulted in the SG1-version of whack-a-mole. I can't believe anyone would pay 20 or more dollars for that.

And the message feed hasn't improved. Half of what is on the app, is not being used. Nobody knows what the coins you earn are for, other than that you go up in ranks but once you his Ascended there's nothing more to gain (Airman --> Captain --> General --> Ascended). The polls are too few, the quizzes not varied enough (one question is not a quiz) and the newsarticles are well... not updating fast enough. The app also has loads of lagtime which basically means that if you try viewing a conversation you hit back if you have to wait longer than 5 seconds. That's really not good.

I'm still -- more or less active -- even though I posted that I was leaving yesterday. Just checking to see if something interesting hit but for the most part -- GATEWORLD IS THE OFFICIAL STARGATE HOME, Stargate Command has nothing on it.

Comment

I would point out by definition a fan site can't be the official home for a franchise
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X