No announcement yet.

Blake's 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if you want the DVDs for a specific reason, but if you are just wanting to rewatch the show, all the episodes are on You Tube.

Starts here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km9GdKM9pa4

Comment

Is it just me who reckons steven pacey kinda looks like he could be related to Benedict Cumberbatch?
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Thanks for the link.
        But I would like to be able to watch the series from the comfort of my arm chair or sofa.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
          Thanks for the link.
          But I would like to be able to watch the series from the comfort of my arm chair or sofa.
          Ahha. In that case the DVDs are your best bet. I prefer comfort as well

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          Is it just me who reckons steven pacey kinda looks like he could be related to Benedict Cumberbatch?
          It's just you.

BTW I rummaged out my copy of Blake's 7: The Inside Story in order to check something and discovered that the introduction had been written by Neil Gaiman. I didn't know he was a fan.

Comment

The second book in Paul Darrow's trilogy of post Gauda Prime books is out. I've been seeing mixed reviews about these.

Paul Darrow's new Blake's 7 book - Lucifer: Revelation out now!

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...-and-ebook-889

A Chinese empress, head of a formidable space fleet, and keeper of dark secrets... A beautiful killer, known as 'the Huntress', on a deadly mission fuelled by money and revenge... A figure from the past, still fighting the system, and desperate for help...

Avon is back, and there's trouble brewing! Look out for old friends, new enemies and startling revelations in the second part of Paul Darrow's epic trilogy, Lucifer: Revelation, telling the story of Avon's life in the far future, beyond the events of the TV episodes.

"Many years have passed since the death of his companions on Gauda Prime, but Avon is still very much on the minds – and a thorn in the sides – of those in power.

"On the run in a stolen spaceship, Avon has world leaders, warlords, aliens, bandits and hitmen on his trail, all hoping to seize control of the super computer Orac, and to be rid of Avon once and for all. But those who underestimate Avon do so at their own peril…"

Book - £14.99
            eBook - EPUB - £12.99
            eBook - MOBI - £12.99

Comment

The Liberator Chronicles Volume 9

http://bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-...s-volume-9-893

The Ninth box set in our popular series Blake's 7: The Liberator Chronicles will be out in August and the trailer is online now.

Trailer here - http://bigfinish.com/releases/popout...s-volume-9-893

Volume Nine again features three stories, this time all written by Mark Wright and Cavan Scott. The stories are performed by Steven Pacey, Paul Darrow, Michael Keating, Tom Chadbon, Jan Chappell and David Warner.

Defector

Avon orders Tarrant and new crewmember Del Grant to assassinate a Federation figurehead. Has he gone too far this time?

Planetfall

Can Avon and Cally get off Space Station Arcadia before it crashes into the planet below?

Secrets

With the future of the rebellion in jeopardy, Vila and Grant infiltrate an illegal arms bazaar – but who exactly is Solvin Tavac and what does he want with the crew of the Liberator?

Written By: Cavan Scott and Mark Wright
              Directed By: Ken Bentley and Lisa Bowerman
              Cast: Paul Darrow, Michael Keating, Steven Pacey, Jan Chappell, Tom Chadbon, David Warner

Pre-order CD - £25.00
              Pre-order Digital - £20.00
              Last edited by Blencathra; 11 August 2014, 03:55 AM.

Comment

New Full-Cast Audio Adventures for Blake's 7

http://bigfinish.com/news/v/new-full...-for-blake-s-7

Big Finish and B7 Media are proud to announce that the crew of the Liberator will return later this year for another series of classic full-cast adventures.

Series Two of Blake’s 7: The Classic Audio Adventures will launch in November 2014 and is set during the third season of the cult BBC TV series. The six audio dramas will star Paul Darrow, Steven Pacey, Jan Chappell, Michael Keating and Tom Chadbon, all reprising their roles once again.

With one of their own missing, Avon’s band of rebels begins a search that will lead them to encounter cult members, ghosts and voices from the past.

Cavan Scott, producer of Blake’s 7 for Big Finish Productions, says: “We’re thrilled with the response the first series of the Classic Audio Adventures has received. This second series of full cast audio dramas will see Avon, Tarrant, Cally, Vila and new crew member Del Grant coming to terms with a changing universe as they search for their missing crewmate, Dayna.”

Andrew Mark Sewell, Executive Producer of Blake’s 7 for B7 Media, says: “The audience and critical reaction for these classic audio adventures is a tribute to the writing, performances and production values, which perfectly recapture the classic era of Blake’s 7. We’re delighted to welcome our family of rebels back for a second season of gripping audio adventures.”

The second series of Blake’s 7 The Classic Audio Adventures kicks off with Scimitar by Trevor Baxendale in November, and is available to pre-order now at £10.99 for a single CD and £8.99 for download. Subscriptions are also available for all six releases.

Other writers in the series include George Mann, Jacqueline Rayner, Iain McLaughlin, Steve Lyons and Justin Richards.

Keep watching bigfinish.com and blakes7.com for more information about exciting plans for the audio series.

_____

I'm really pleased about this news, as the dramas so far have been excellent.

Comment

Some member of Horizon, the Blake's 7 Fan Club, made a trip to Winspit Quarry, where the Blake's 7 episode Games was filmed, and also Doctor Who's Destiny of the Daleks. There's a couple of articles about it.

http://www.blakes7online.com/articles.php?article_id=50

Comment

Tweet from Big Finish writer Cavan Scott (@cavanscott)

Stop Press: Blake's 7 The Armageddon Storm by me and @mwrightwriter won the Scribe Award for best audio at San Diego Comic Con yesterday!

Well done to both of them and Big Finish. Very well deserved. I thought The Armageddon Storm was a fantastic audio.

A bit more on this from Scifi Bulletin

Big Finish triumph at Scribe Awards

http://scifibulletin.com/2014/07/26/...scribe-awards/

The Blake’s 7 audio The Armagedddon Storm has been awarded one of the prestigious Scribe Awards by the International Association of Media Tie-In Writers.

The audio, by Cavan Scott and Mark Wright, directed by Ken Bentley, and produced by David Richardson, was in competition with two other Big Finish releases in the Dark Shadows range (The Phantom Bride by Mark Thomas Passmore and The Flip Side by Cody Quijano-Schell) for the Best Audio award.

The Best Original (General) Novel was shared by Greg Cox’s Leverage book The Bestseller Job and Mr. Monk Helps Himself by Hy Conrad.

John Jackson Miller’s Star Wars novel Kenobi was the Best Speculative Novel (Original), Alex Irvine’s Pacific Rim novelisation was Best Novel Adaptation; Best Short Story was “So Long, Chief” by Max Allan Collins & Mickey Spillane; Best Young Adult Novel was Kevin by Paul Kupperberg; and Star Trek author Diane Duane was given the Faust Grandmaster Award.
                    Last edited by Blencathra; 26 July 2014, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Blake's 7: Liberator Chronicles - Volume 10 Stories Unveiled

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/blak...ories-unveiled

The tenth volume of Blake's 7: The Liberator Chronicles will be released in November, and we are delighted to reveal the line-up...

Velandra
                      Written by Steve Lyons
                      Perormed by Gareth Thomas as Blake and Stephen Greif as Travis
                      Blake is having bad dreams: a swamp, wolves, a woman called Velandra… and Travis. Could this be a memory that was erased by the Federation?

Retribution

Written by Andrew Smith
                      Performed by Michael Keating as Vila and John Banks as Lang
                      A distress call leads Avon and Vila to an old tracking station on the moon of Lorean. It was sent by Ragnus Lang, formerly Vila’s partner-in-crime. And now Lang needs Blake’s help.

The Ministry of Peace
                      Written by Una McCormack
                      Performed by Paul Darrow as Avon and Jacqueline Pearce as Servalan
                      The Liberator crew are on the planet Speranza to assist its new interim government. But is the planet a beacon of hope in the fight against the Federation – or is Speranza’s history about to take a very dark path?

The LIberator Chronicles - Volume 10 is out in November, and is available for pre-order now.

Pre-order CD - £25.00
                      Pre-order Digital - £20.00

Comment

Great interview with Cavan Scott - writer and now producer of B7 for Big Finish

http://www.blakes7online.com/articles.php?article_id=61

Comment

Some concept art for the proposed reboot. If this is the best they can come up with, I hope it never gets of the ground.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/08/exclu...akes-7-series/

Comment

I agree with Blencathra. There are concept skecthes and there are concept sketches.
                            I don't like the look of these.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Part 2 of an interview with Cavan Scott, writer/producer of Blake's 7 for Big Finish.

http://www.blakes7online.com/articles.php?article_id=62

Comment

Blake's 7 Books - Announcing Criminal Intent & Lucifer: Genesis

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/blak...riminal-intent

Big Finish are pleased to announce the next two titles in the exciting range of Blake's 7 books. You won't have to wait long for the first one - Criminal Intent by Trevor Baxendale is out in November as both hardback and eBook, and available for pre-order now:

Trevor Baxendale has previously written scripts for Big Finish's Doctor Who, Robin Hood and Highlander audio plays, and the full cast audio drama Blake’s 7: Scimitar. This is his first novel for Big Finish, but he has written Doctor Who and Torchwood novels for BBC Books. Look out for his interview in an upcoming Vortex!

Set in the early days of the Liberator, Criminal Intent finds Blake planning a raid on a prison ship – the perfect place to recruit more rebels looking for a chance to strike back against the Federation. But the crew of the Liberator find more than dissidents hungry for revenge, including a secret so terrible that not even the Federation knows the full truth…

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/criminal-intent-890

Then, coming in May 2015, the final part of Paul Darrow's thrilling Blake's 7: Lucifer trilogy arrives - Lucifer: Genesis. Expect the unexpected as Avon's enemies gather for a final battle - and take a trip back in time to uncover the shocking secrets of Servalan's childhood.

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...ook-ebook-1136

Both titles are now available for pre-order, and for those looking to buy next year's Liberator Chronicles 11 & 12, and Lucifer: Genesis, there are bundles collecting all three (with Liberator Chronicles 11 & 12 on download or CD) available at the link.
                                Last edited by Blencathra; 02 September 2014, 06:03 AM. Reason: Added pic

Comment

Working...
                                X