Now I'm really mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k1037 View Post
    I went through all of the stages of grief - including anger - after SGU's cancellation was announced, but after watching this episode... wow.

While the first season (especially the first half) was less-than-amazing, the current (awesome) dynamics on the ship would not have been possible without that build-up.

Young's "including you and me?" line wouldn't have packed nearly as much of a punch if it weren't for the build-up. Nor would Greer immediately volunteering to stay with Rush and Young, Rush telling Chloe everyone on the ship is useful/meant to be there (and Chloe truly becoming useful), or any of the other emotional scenes and moments we've had in Season 2.

Even those who prefer an episodic format can't have much to complain about at this point. Twin Destinies was a classic Stargate episode, one of those instant favorites. Not perfect, but it had comedy throughout, awe (coming up on the broken Destiny = epic), several swooshes (gating inside a star, gating leading to time travel, gating to a copy of your own ship to salvage parts, arms held inside gates while team members sprint towards it to a backdrop of explosions), and still had moments of tension and that darker/more mature "feel" that SGU fans love.

This "something for everyone" format is what we could have enjoyed for another three years if more fans (and executives) had been patient. Season 1 was necessary build-up for the awesomeness that we have now. I know the internet forum tendency is to blame "ADD," but I actually have clinically-diagnosed ADHD and it held my attention just fine. So I don't know what's up with folks being impatient nowadays. All I know is that I'm really mad.
    My favorite part was when Rush said it would have more weight if Young stood up there with Rush, and he did. And when Greer went straight up and volunteered to be with Rush and Young, that was amazing. And it would have meant nothing to me if I didn't see the relationship with Rush and Greer and Rush and Young. This is the type of TV i have wished to see for a long time.

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
    I could go into my usual rant that Syfy had it out for SGU by moving it to a horrible time slot.. but i'm gonna be good. But I agree with EVERYTHING said here. Twin Destinies just goes to show how much POTENTIAL SGU has.. or rather had. And on the subject of "establishment" Even though it wasn't on Sci-Fi/Syfy at the time, didn't it take SG-1 a bit to get going? I really wish that somehow the mistake of cancellation would be rectified and we would be able to see more magnificence that is SGU and Destiny.

Okay... shutting up now..
    I just hope the movies happen and are good. SGU would make a good series of DVD movies.

Comment

If my heart wasn't breaking so much after this episode, I'd be posting more... Im okay, I just need a little more time...

Comment

Originally posted by k1037 View Post
        I went through all of the stages of grief - including anger - after SGU's cancellation was announced, but after watching this episode... wow.

While the first season (especially the first half) was less-than-amazing, the current (awesome) dynamics on the ship would not have been possible without that build-up.

Young's "including you and me?" line wouldn't have packed nearly as much of a punch if it weren't for the build-up. Nor would Greer immediately volunteering to stay with Rush and Young, Rush telling Chloe everyone on the ship is useful/meant to be there (and Chloe truly becoming useful), or any of the other emotional scenes and moments we've had in Season 2.

Even those who prefer an episodic format can't have much to complain about at this point. Twin Destinies was a classic Stargate episode, one of those instant favorites. Not perfect, but it had comedy throughout, awe (coming up on the broken Destiny = epic), several swooshes (gating inside a star, gating leading to time travel, gating to a copy of your own ship to salvage parts, arms held inside gates while team members sprint towards it to a backdrop of explosions), and still had moments of tension and that darker/more mature "feel" that SGU fans love.

This "something for everyone" format is what we could have enjoyed for another three years if more fans (and executives) had been patient. Season 1 was necessary build-up for the awesomeness that we have now. I know the internet forum tendency is to blame "ADD," but I actually have clinically-diagnosed ADHD and it held my attention just fine. So I don't know what's up with folks being impatient nowadays. All I know is that I'm really mad.
        I completely agree with all of this. It seems like all that "people" want are for people to be immediately awesome. "They" don't consider that the reason something is awesome is because of build up, of what came before. Though I do find it funny when "people" comment how something was unrealistic because the character did not act according to their preconceptions.

As for the ADD/ADHD thing, that's do to a misunderstanding of the condition.

@SupremeLegate
        Apogee Institute
        Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Originally posted by eidos View Post
          If my heart wasn't breaking so much after this episode, I'd be posting more... Im okay, I just need a little more time...
          Same here..im haveing a hard time thinking what to say.

Comment

I'm sorry I can't talke about the "C" word right now-I'm in total denial.
            In my Universe there's a season three.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
              In my Universe there's a season three.
              Can I move there?
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                Can I move there?
                I'm coming with.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                  I'm coming with.
                  Not a problem - I'm sure there is room, right Perelandra? We will bring supplies, if you like. Food, wine, beer, champagne, whatever you need.
                  sigpic
                  Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Not a problem - I'm sure there is room, right Perelandra? We will bring supplies, if you like. Food, wine, beer, champagne, whatever you need.
                    Some basic hygiene products and I'll be fine.
                    sigpic

Comment

Can I move there?
                      book a room for three.
                      After seeing how awesome the last episodes look I am really pissed about the whole cancellation thing, even more than at the beginning. We can still dream about a few movies, right?
                      sigpic

Comment

Can I come? I'm a fairly decent cook.. and I can bake? And we're gonna be living on Destiny, right? lol

Comment

Looks like we'll get our minimum of 10 or 12 volunteers in no time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            Looks like we'll get our minimum of 10 or 12 volunteers in no time.
                            No doubt! Someones gonna have to come up with some kind of duty roster... anybody on here know any medical training? we're gonna need a medic. And what other specialties are we gonna need?

Comment

yes.. In my dream there is a season 3 as well.. -.-
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
                                No doubt! Someones gonna have to come up with some kind of duty roster... anybody on here know any medical training? we're gonna need a medic. And what other specialties are we gonna need?
                                I'll be like Chloe! Fish out of water with no really useful skills. But maybe without the alien pathogen.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X