Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
    No kidding! I didn't recognise him till right at the end
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing, perhaps that's why I didn't recognise him earlier.

Otherwise, very enjoyable
    I laughed when Hiro pulled the sword out and it was a fake! And then groaned when it said "Linderman" on it Im all for linkage, but this is getting ridiculous!
    I loved the fake sword moment too. But as for the Linderman thing. Realistically the linkage is much...I don't have Donald Trump's name on my underwear after all, despite his disturbing tendency to be everywhere. Within the context of the show though, it seems to be all about connections and a sense of destiny so it didn't bother me too much.

I didn't recognize Eccleston at all... especially since I forgot he was going to be in it. Maybe I would have if I'd been expecting him but...in my memory I still can't make the connection.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I was very pleased with this episode. Overall, I'd give it a 9/10. I was just so happy the show was back, and this episode didn't let down at all.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Loved this ep. I'm begining to really like Niki and feel sorry for her cause her power is almost a curse.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Chris Eccleston- If I hadn't been looking for him I would never have recognized him. No worries about folks mixing him up with the Doctor!

Loved Nathan and loved the extra shadings we got to his character. *hugs* He's still one of my favorites. That whole scene in the loft with Nathan scoffing at the coincidences and Hiro bursting in... LOL! The look on his face! "Flying Man!" Hee!
          I laughed so hard at that "Aw, crap...busted." look on Nathan's face. Too funny. And Hiro was so happy to see him again. "FLYING MAN!"

I love how they introduced the invisible man. I read small spoilers, enough to know it'd be Eccleston and he was meant to help Peter--but the fact that he's a petty thief and apparently a little cracked as well? Brilliant. I assumed he'd be completely the opposite.

What was with Sylar's little pet? Just something creepy they stuck in there or is there a meaning to it?

The quick clip they showed of Claire's supposed "real mom" reminded me of the dog-raising mom she's always known. Maybe I was just overwhelmed by squee at that point.

Originally posted by KatG View Post
          Oh and am I the only one who was shouting at Peter "don't go to the desert"?
          I was, too. Hee!
          Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Comment

Originally posted by tace View Post
            What was with Sylar's little pet? Just something creepy they stuck in there or is there a meaning to it?
            In the first episode Mohinder talked about the cockroach, if anything was
            'created in god's image, it would be the cockroach'. And that they can 'live for a long amount of time with no food, can survive radiation and his head being cut off'.
            It could be a plot point in maybe season 3 or 4 the Sylar could come back after surviving the nuke blast. Then he could be king of the cockroaches. LOL
            Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

I was thinking of him mind controlling the cockroach into crawling into the controls and disabling them so he could escape. Or taking on aspects of the roach so he can crawl on the walls and maybe out of sight so that people are tricked into opening the door to see where he went. Something weird and unlikely like that.

Comment

I do think it will play a part of the show, some how.
                Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                  I loved the fake sword moment too. But as for the Linderman thing. Realistically the linkage is much...I don't have Donald Trump's name on my underwear after all, despite his disturbing tendency to be everywhere.
                  I totally disagree. I don't think the Linderman linkage is unrealistic at all because I have a theory. I think Linderman knows about the Heroes and has been keeping tabs on them for some time now. That's why he was buying Issac's paintings before anyone suspected they showed the future, why he bought the sword, maybe even why he's giving money to Nathan and Niki. What his reasons for doing this are and how he found out about them, I'm not sure. My gut instinct is that he's Mr. Bennett's boss, but I don't have anything to back that up but instict.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  I was thinking of him mind controlling the cockroach into crawling into the controls and disabling them so he could escape. Or taking on aspects of the roach so he can crawl on the walls and maybe out of sight so that people are tricked into opening the door to see where he went. Something weird and unlikely like that.
                  I don't think it will be anything like that. I think that was just artistic imagery and forshadowing. As mentioned Mohinder talked to his class about how advanced cockroaches are and how they could survive increadable cirumstances. I think this was just an artsy way of controdicting the doctor who says he can't take much more. He can take quite a bit more, he's biding his time and saving energy for when he can get out IMO.

Did it bother anyone that DL stuck his hand through the glass? If you watch the episode closely, when Niki asks the guard if she can hold Micah he is standing there as if he has been watching her the whole time (which is highly likely being how she's acted and that she is in prison). So it just seems inconsistant that DL did it and/or that the guard didn't notice anything. Not a big deal but it bothered me.

Comment

If it's just an artistic thing I'll be very annoyed. It can still be a metaphor AND serve an actual purpose, but as nothing but a multi-legged symbol? Spare me...

Comment

Originally posted by dinner4jc View Post
                      I totally disagree. I don't think the Linderman linkage is unrealistic at all because I have a theory. I think Linderman knows about the Heroes and has been keeping tabs on them for some time now. That's why he was buying Issac's paintings before anyone suspected they showed the future, why he bought the sword, maybe even why he's giving money to Nathan and Niki. What his reasons for doing this are and how he found out about them, I'm not sure. My gut instinct is that he's Mr. Bennett's boss, but I don't have anything to back that up but instict.
                      You haven't disagreed with me.
                      In the context of the real world, where people don't fly or walk through walls, the coincidences would be too much. In the context of the show it is not. All these "coincidences" aren't coincidental at all.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I agree that Linderman is deeply involved in whatever is going on because if that is all just a coincidence it WILL be too hard to swallow.

From a real-world perspective, though, it IS a bit of a stretch. But then again the world can be a very small, very weird place at times and the "real" coincidences seem just as unlikely as the ones on the show.

Comment

That was a really good, episode. Its just seems to be getting better and better!
                          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

About cockroach ... that bug didn't just walk on the scene and due to shortage of file, they filmed that scene with it ... why did writers do it? We will find out, but i am thinking also along the lines on what Mohinder said.

Seems like writers are throwing some pieces in front of us, but not enough to get the big picture. There is some significance in that bug .. i doubt it was there just for artistic reasons (i don't recall anything on Heroes being anywhere, just for that).

As for Linderman .. i am not sure. He is everywhere and we haven't seen him. We got to see Sylar and he was caught pretty early to make him main bad guy, so i am thinking Linderman is big bad guy who will play big role in the end. Sylar was there more as distraction, perhaps?
                            VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I was thinking that Linderman might be lining up to play the part as the bad guy.

The opposite role to what Clair's father currently plays, however i'm still unsure if he is the good guy or the bad guy, either way i think Linderman will be his opposite.
                              Live Chat About This Topic

Bumsworld.net

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
                                As for Linderman ...
                                Ok I have lemming on the brain now. Every time I read Linderman I see Lemmingman. And it's a silence's fault!
                                Doze Out...

Comment

Working...
                                X