• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hysterical Blindness (405)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON FOUR
    HYSTERICAL BLINDNESS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 405

Samuel seeks to bring another person into the carnival's family, while Peter has another encounter with Emma. Claire grows suspicious of her new roommate, and Sylar shows up on a road side with severe amnesia.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:18 PM.

Pretty solid episode this week. Much better than the lat episode.

Sylar/Nathan has lost his memories and has ended up in the carnival. I wonder what they are going to with this.

Emma is back, and I must say that i like her more than any potential love interest for Peter than anyone else.

6.8/10
    sigpic

Comment

The circus people come across as evil. I haven't seen a reason to warm up top them at all. Sylar and those desere each other. I forgot the name of the girl at the college who is related to the circus people, but she is so damned evil too, having killed Claire's roomate. The Lady who lets that creep blow ink into her seems like she might be the nicest, but appears to just obey the main circus freak, just so he doesn't harm her. Unless she just hides her evilness.

As far as Peter now seeing colors with sound, the flying has got to come back, colors with sound is good for what??
      My Story:
      http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Didn't you see when Emma used the sound-color thingy when she played the cello, and she appered to get upset and she accidentaly ripped of a piece of her wallpaper with the sound thingy. I believe that this sound-light ability thingymabob has great potential.
        sigpic

Comment

The first thing I thought when Sylar ended up in the carnival was that he's gonna end up taking all of their powers by the end of the season
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Quite enjoyed this after last weeks episode. Sylar stuff was interesting. Nice to see the carnival plot starting to build some momentum. I quite like the Emma character, her powers remind me of the X-men's Dazzler

Comment

Once Sylar remembers who he is and feels the 'hunger' he'll off those dodgey carnival peeps.

Deaf chic only highlights Peter's flaw, that he can't control which power he holds, which could be used against him one day.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                Once Sylar remembers who he is and feels the 'hunger' he'll off those dodgey carnival peeps.
                I think this might end up good for Gabriel, whereas Sylar is stuck inside Matt's head and will end up taking over Matt completely.

Comment

I'm still confused to who is actually in sylers body now. Is it Nathan? Gabriel ?

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
                    I think this might end up good for Gabriel, whereas Sylar is stuck inside Matt's head and will end up taking over Matt completely.
                    I'm not sure if I love or hate that idea
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                      I'm not sure if I love or hate that idea
                      I like it. could be intresting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontr4band View Post
                        I'm still confused to who is actually in sylers body now. Is it Nathan? Gabriel ?
                        Noone (or perhaps Gabriel Gray, before he turned evil) is inside Sylar's body atm. It's just an empty shell walking around with no idea who/what he is, whereas Sylar's 'soul' is stuck inside Matt's head.
                        Mia: Don't you hate that?
                        Vincent: Hate what?
                        Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                        Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                        Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                        - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post

Deaf chic only highlights Peter's flaw, that he can't control which power he holds, which could be used against him one day.
                          I wish he could take on multiple abilities like he used to. I wonder if he will ever be able to do this again.

Comment

The general consensus is that the previous episode was a good example of a bad transitional episode. Despite all the movement of pieces on the board, there wasn’t much to enjoy. The same transitional approach is in play in this episode, yet it seems to have just a little more heft to it. Even so, the problems with “Heroes” still persist.

Mostly, it is the Sylar problem. The writers can’t have an uber-powerful villain running around while all the heroic metahumans are dealing with their latest psychological and emotional crises. So Sylar must be hamstrung in some way, shape, or form. Returning him to a “tabula rasa” state, at least for a little while, continues the delaying tactic that began with his reprogramming in the first place. That it’s a retread of the method used to keep uber-powerful hero Peter in check during the second season only adds to the frustration.

The only saving grace is how it might inform Samuel’s agenda. He’s definitely playing a riff on the Magneto archetype: he believes that the metahumans are better off together, able to protect and foster each other, than they are in the mundane world. And there’s no denying that Samuel is deftly portrayed. His little performance for Sylar at the end was very well done.

The trick will be minimizing this “blank slate” Sylar period and getting on with it. Unlike Peter in the second season, Sylar may be more willing to accept whatever identity Samuel manages to reinforce. The question is whether or not his troupe has a metahuman with an ability like Matt Parkman, or if there is some other method that he will use to reinforce trust. Whatever the case, my prediction is that Samuel will only allow Sylar to recover so much of his former memories, and will fill in the blanks in a way that convinces Sylar that he was with the carnival all along.

Far more effective was the treatment of Samuel’s interference with Claire’s new life. Not only did it place events in a far more sinister light, but it also managed to be consistent in the process. Unfortunately, they chose to use the common trope of the psychotic stalker lesbian as the red herring in this case. It also doesn’t help that this entire subplot was the result of an offhand suggestion. Making Claire bi-curious seems like it comes out of left field, not like it is a natural evolution of the character. (Other potential homosexual relationships felt a lot more organic in comparison.)

Speaking (however indirectly) of chemistry, as much as I like what Peter and Emma were doing in this episode, and how well the producers are treating Emma’s “Dazzler” ability, I hope they don’t end up in a romantic relationship. It’s a bit of a cliché, and Peter’s track record is fairly horrible. Besides, once he discovers Nathan’s true fate, I imagine he’ll have other concerns on his mind. That, and Hiro’s situation, which rather coincidentally dropped into his lap.

Hopefully, Peter will be the one to figure out that Hiro should be readily healed by an infusion of Claire’s blood. Otherwise, they need to let the character die heroically, knowing that his time is short. I’d hate to see it happen, after the writers have done so much to undermine the character over the past few seasons, but if he’s meant to go, at least it should be on a high note.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the plot fragmentation, as in just when a plot gets interesting, it's dropped for 1-2 shows. Hiro shows up and I think "Why is Hiro here? Oh yeah, dying...". Noah is probably going to show up at the very moment I stop caring about his occupation problems, and Parkman at the moment I stop caring about Sylar in his head. Makes me not care about the characters much.

Evil Carnival......A cool thing would be for Sylar to participate somewhat innocently, until he has to confront Samuel in a good vs evil for leadership of the carnival. Sylar would win and be the hero, just in time to bump into Parkman and get his soul back.

Comment

Working...
                              X