Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It means "Anonymous" got OWNED!

Ok, not much better I know; just google it (it's hard to explain).

Comment

January 29, 2007

Alex and Martin asked me how the rewrite was going. "Somewhere between it's not and very slowly,"I truthfully replied.

January 30, 2007

[includes a funny non-Stargate anecdote about injuries]

Anonymous writes: “Joe, what does your magic 8-ball say about Chris Judge's chances of guest starring on Atlantis in season four?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook good.

Suz writes: “So if no-one ever dies in Sci Fi, what are the chances of us seeing Carson Beckett in s4, cos I'm really gonna miss him and it's been said that there may be a way to bring him back!”

Magic 8 Ball says: “Reply hazy, try again. With a yes/no question”.

Marla writes: “Speaking of things that get cut out of episodes, imagine my disappointment upon finding out that the scene in Line In The Sand that I saw being filmed was not aired in the episode…”

Answer: Funny you should mention this as we were just discussing the deleted scenes today. I’m not sure which scene you’re referring to, but one of the scenes lost was right off the top, a walk and talk in which a worried Vala discusses Daniel’s absence and the effort to find him. Yep, sorry to say it was cut for time. Grouse away.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Oh wise and magic eight ball, oracle of things to come, will the Asgaard be seen in Atlantis' season four?”

Answer: They will be making an appearance in the SG-1 season 10 finale, Unending.

Marla also writes: “Will our SG:A heroes still get to utilize the sets of SG-1 thanks to the Midway Station? Will we still get to see old friends like Dr. Lee, Siler, and Walter from time to time?”

Answer: The SG-1 sets will be available to us for a while. Whether we’ll be using them or not remains to be seen. As for the trio you mentioned, at least one of them will be putting in an appearance.

Melantha writes: “So I was watching that Stargate Saved My Life thing again (paying a bit more attention this time) and laughed when during your bit it displayed your name on screen as Jo Mazzolli. Good to see they did their research thoroughly.”

Answer: No mistake. That WAS Jo Mazzolli, the same guy who got infuriated all those cranky fans. People get us confused all the time.

Elodie writes: “Why there is no loveship between sam and rodney in SGA season 4? After all, they are like Daniel and Vala, I mean the "I love you, I love you not" thing. Will we see a more intimate relationship between Cam and Sam (…) for the tv movies or in the future? Will Daniel finally admit that he has feelings for Vala?

Answer: The “I love you, I love you not” thing you referred to has been decidedly one-sided. Regarding Cam and Sam - you’ll have to ask Rob and Brad who are writing the movies. And as for Daniel and Vala - time WILL tell.

Anonymous #3 writes: “What do you make of the whole 'shrill and uninformed lemmings' fan group that seems to have developed out of your comment?”

Answer: It makes me all misty knowing I’ve touched some many people and inspired them to be creative. And don’t forget the script elves.
      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        It means "Anonymous" got OWNED!

Ok, not much better I know; just google it (it's hard to explain).
        Obviously. Googled it. Still makes no sense. Whatever happened to English?? but anyway, I wouldn't say anonymous got pwned/owned/whatever. Mallozzi avoided the question.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Obviously. Googled it. Still makes no sense. Whatever happened to English?? but anyway, I wouldn't say anonymous got pwned/owned/whatever. Mallozzi avoided the question.
          1. There wasn't even a question, so Mallozzi couldn't avoid anything.

2. The fan's statement was based on ridiculous assumptions (i.e. appearing in 2/3 of a TV show makes a character/actor the über-human star, and that that was a fact ). Mallozzi merely pointed out that these assumptions were false (especially since he is a producer and makes the show, and the fan... well... not), therefore questioning the conclusion based on that logic. Mallozzi even provided counter-examples. That fan did get "pwned".

And yes, that is a stupid expression, and I still don't really see the connection between own - owned - pwned.

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
            1. There wasn't even a question, so Mallozzi couldn't avoid anything.

2. The fan's statement was based on ridiculous assumptions (i.e. appearing in 2/3 of a TV show makes a character/actor the über-human star, and that that was a fact ). Mallozzi merely pointed out that these assumptions were false (especially since he is a producer and makes the show, and the fan... well... not), therefore questioning the conclusion based on that logic. Mallozzi even provided counter-examples. That fan did get "pwned".

And yes, that is a stupid expression, and I still don't really see the connection between own - owned - pwned.
            Oh wait, I think we're not talking about the same question. I'm talking about the question where it was asked what would carter being doing on Atlantis.

And pwned is yes, a stupid expression. The English language is going downhill fast....

Comment

First, let me me say one thing: I LOVE YOU, JOE!!!

(Screamish fangirl moment is over, but read the bold parts below.)

January 31, 2007

Blaine Nielsen writes: "Does Martin Gero have a blog? If he doesn't he should because he seems like a really cool guy."

Answer: Cool guy? Really? Martin Gero the writer, not Martin Wood the director, right? Sometimes even people on the show get them confused. Nope, he doesn't have a blog but he does have a myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/martingero

Anonymous writes: "Joe, what is your favorite episode from season 10 that you wrote, what is your favorite episode overall, and which episode do you think is "the best"?"

Answer: Of the episodes I wrote, my fave is Family Ties. As for my overall favorite and "the best" (which should be the same episode, really) - I'll have to think about it. Magic 8 Ball says "Ask again."

G writes: "...so do you guys get sick of having yet another pairing crop up in the SG universe that has such a mammoth devoted following in the audience or do you consider it just another element that inevitably emerges as part of storytelling process?"

Answer: So long as it's a natural progression of a given relationship, I have no objection to ship. In fact, quite the opposite.

February 1, 2007

[Funny photo of Carl Binder at the top]

On the Stargate front, I’m almost finished my rewrite of Reunion and am, admittedly, a little worried. While the script offers plenty of action, it is primarily a character-driven story. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of notes we receive from the network. The other scripts are coming along nicely. Martin kicks off season 4 with Adrift, continuing the events of the visually stunning season-ender First Strike. Carl’s Lifeline, the big op eppy, is next. Reunion will follow third and then - well, we’re still working that out. On the production schedule, Rob is first up with Doppelganger, a.k.a. N.O.A.S., assuming both writing and directing duties on this one. Alan’s The Seer script is being revised as we speak. And sometime soon, Monday I hear, Paul will have Travelers ready, a gift for all those of the Shep-whumping persuasion.

At lunch today, we did Thai buffet with the rest of the office. Meh. The highlight of the meal was the jar of goose liver pate that Martin brought in for me and that I subsequently shared with the rest of the writing department - or, more specifically, the members of the writing department willing to eat it: Martin, Alex, and myself. A picture-perfect moment presented itself later when Carl tried the 100% cocoa Domori chocolate bar I brought in. Look at him luxuriating in the richness and depth of that pure cocoa flavor.
              [...]
              Anonymous #2 writes: “Have you guys considered producing a 'deleted scenes/bloopers' DVD?”

Answer: Ivon Bartok, our Special Features producer, and I have put together a deleted footage commentary for the upcoming DVD release. It will include deleted scenes from Morpheus, Memento Mori, and Quest I.

Suz writes: “Will we see Carson Beckett in Season Four. Yes or No?”

Magic 8 Ball says: “Reply still hazy, try again.”

Valerie writes: “Is there any possibility Jonas could come back to the stargate universe?”

Magic 8 Ball says: “Cannot predict now.”

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                It's primarily a gaming term. If you're into the online gaming culture, you'll find out rather quickly what it means. It's not a sign of English going downhill - it's just another slang word used within a certain culture. No different to any other culture. Hip-hop, aviation, motor racing, school kids and the stock market cultures for example all have their own little dictionaries that sound stupid to outsiders. And yes, that includes Fandom too

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sgeureka

It's primarily a gaming term. If you're into the online gaming culture, you'll find out rather quickly what it means. It's not a sign of English going downhill - it's just another slang word used within a certain culture. No different to any other culture. Hip-hop, aviation, motor racing, school kids and the stock market cultures for example all have their own little dictionaries that sound stupid to outsiders. And yes, that includes Fandom too

Heh, actually, English is going downhill. Nobody bothers to spell, punctuate, etc. anymore. You can open up newspapers and find hideous grammatical errors.

I think pwn came from someone making a typo and that was it...

Comment

I think pwn came from someone making a typo and that was it...
                    No-one really knows how it came about. It could have been someone using pwn instead of own because P is greater than O, hence 'pwn' is greater than 'own'.

And what I meant was that pwn itself was not a sign of English going downhill

Comment

If anyone has read my post and found that's it's been deleted, the reason is I deleted it. It was shortsighted of me to post it. Again sorry.
                      Last edited by LaCroix; 02 February 2007, 06:06 PM.

Comment

The English language is going downhill fast....
                        No, it's evolving. If it was going downhill there'd be less ways of saying things, not more.

BYE
                        "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

joe said to ask rcc about the ori's fate and the 9th chevron in his blog

Comment

I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...ry-4-2007.html

Miss E. writes: “In the first season, what’s your favorite episode, and why ? And same question for the episode you less love !”

Answer: First season episode I liked least? That’s easy enough. Emancipation, the first episode of Stargate I ever watched that effectively kept me from tuning back in at the time. Dreary. As for the best season one episode. Hmmm. Probably Within the Serpent’s Grasp. A fun, action-filled episode.

Keshou writes: “I'm curious if you, as new showrunner, have talked to any of the other Atlantis cast members about your - or perhaps their - ideas for character development in S4? Do you like input from the actors as to what aspects of their character they want to see developed or explored?”

Answer: I’ve always welcomed input from our actors and have always done my best to address any of their concerns.

Keshou also writes: “Is there a type of episode you've always wanted to do that you'd like to see on Atlantis?”

Answer: Yes. And we’ll be doing them in season four.

Loved that non-answer. Snort.

Arctic Goddess writes: “Was Ba'al your brainchild?”

Answer: As much as I’d love to take credit for Baal, he’s a character that owes as much to Cliff Simon’s portrayal as he does to all of the writers who developed him over the years. When I wrote Summit, I did so with a mind to making it a try-out of sorts for the various system lords. Baal certainly stood out amongst them.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...ry-3-2007.html

Sally writes: “How do you balance writing what 'you' (stargate writers) want to happen on the show vrs what you know the fans want?”

Answer: Uh, balance? Hmmm. To be perfectly honest, we write the types of stories that resonate with us. Some the fans love, some they don‘t love so much. Variety is key. By telling different types of stories, we try to keep the series fresh not only for the audience, but ourselves as writers.

THAT does explain Lucius....

Shipperahoy writes: “I was just wondering, do you think that writing for t.v. is something in which you actually have to like the genre you're writing for or can you still write quality scripts if you could care less about the arena in which you work?”

Answer: I don’t think you could work in an area in which you “cared less” about the genre. And, of course, having an interest and background in a genre like science fiction certainly helps. That said, I don’t think it’s necessary. Take Carl Binder for example. He doesn’t come from a scifi background and yet he has produced consistently solid scripts for Atlantis.

Binder is in fact one of the better writers because he has a solid TV writing background whereas some other writers, er, have a cartoon or two as their resume, cough cough.

Pattirose4 writes: “You mentioned the other day about a script going over the network and I was curious what kind of changes do they usually request? And do you always do as they request? Do you pretty much have to? Is the network the reason we see scantily clad large breasted women?”

Answer: First off, it’s only natural that a network would desire input into a show they have purchased. In the case of SciFi, and specifically my dealings with Nora O’Brien, script notes center on suggestions or requests intended to strengthen the story: clarification, dialogue tweaks, points of logic. While we don’t take dictation, we are open to any issues the network may have with a given script and always willing to talk things through. If need be, we’ll state our case for why we feel something should remain as is. But, more often than not, the notes we receive are the kind we tend to agree with when all is said and done. Finally, the network has never put in a request for scantily clad large breasted women. We’re still talking about the show, right?

Maybe JM never actually watches the shows... how can anybody foreget Tok'ra barbie??

NowIWillDestroyAbydos writes: “With the exception of Gero, what other Stargate cast and crew members have MySpace profiles?”

Answer: As far as I know, none. But Rob Cooper will be starting a blog over on the MGM Stargate site. I’m sure he’d love to hear from the fans, and is eager to field any questions they may have regarding the first SG-1 movie. If you head on over, ask him if the Ori are really dead and whether we’ll ever find out about that ninth chevron. I’m too shy to ask.

Comment

Finally, the network has never put in a request for scantily clad large breasted women. We’re still talking about the show, right?

Maybe JM never actually watches the shows... how can anybody foreget Tok'ra barbie??
                                If the network has never asked for scantily clad large breasted women, then wouldn't the logical conclusion be that TPTB put them there, on their own initative?
                                Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                                Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                                -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Working...
                                X