Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! Meat-

Spoiler:

Wasn't as gwen/jack as first thought, still too much for my liking but we got some great looks between Ianto and Jack. The grin Ianto does when Tosh is saying they're all sad and single, totally 'don't look at me, i'm getting some '

Didn't like that Jack didn't ask Ianto if he was alright after nearly getting shot and beat up. If i was Ianto i would be p*ssed

Love the America bbc captains blog. Love this line from episode 3.

Other Staff issues: I’m in trouble with Ianto for duct-taping a CB aerial to the SUV. Apparently the tape made the wing mirror “disconcertingly sticky”. Still, nothing a bit of warm, soapy water can’t fix.

Such double meaning

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
      how much am i loving this show? very much, that's how much. TTLM:
      Spoiler:
      i think it's so great that in the same hour we have the beautiful relationship between tosh and tommy that made me wanna cry it was so touching, and we have the wonderful scene with jack and ianto, talking about lonliness and jacks place in the world.

i felt so happy when, after jack asked "would you miss me?" ianto replies so thoroughly, without hesitation or joke, just "yep" it's so squee

lovely sig Sun'shyne
      Thanks! And I totally agree with you on TTLM!!

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
      Yay! Meat-

Spoiler:

Wasn't as gwen/jack as first thought, still too much for my liking but we got some great looks between Ianto and Jack. The grin Ianto does when Tosh is saying they're all sad and single, totally 'don't look at me, i'm getting some '

Didn't like that Jack didn't ask Ianto if he was alright after nearly getting shot and beat up. If i was Ianto i would be p*ssed

Other Staff issues: I’m in trouble with Ianto for duct-taping a CB aerial to the SUV. Apparently the tape made the wing mirror “disconcertingly sticky”. Still, nothing a bit of warm, soapy water can’t fix.

Such double meaning

More Meat Discussion:
      Spoiler:
      Okay... after last nights epi, I was slighty angered with all the Jack/Gwen stuff. Though after thinking heavily on it while in the shower this morning (yes, I quite often think TW while in the shower.. LMAO), I have a few theories. One is a bit of a stretch, the other, not so much... (I realize this would be better off in the TW Discussion thread, but it has to do heavily with our favourite ship!)

1. I think the reason Jack is so pushy and clingy with Gwen is because she is able to show him a different side of himself. She, untill last night, was still able to seperate Torchwood and a life outside it, which is something none of the rest of them and Jack least of all is able to do. He saw her having the type of life that he can never have (and obviously wishes he could with Ianto). He'll never get to grow old and die with his love. Instead he'll have to watch as Ianto grows old and dies and he'll loose yet another great love in his life. So I feel that he is so passionate with Gwen, not because he loves/wants her in the way he loves/wants his canon relationship, but because he wants what she has in life.

(the more far out there one)
      2. Okay, this one is a bit of a stretch, but something hit me when Jack was in the van with Rhys. He kept passionately saying that Gwen had to be the one. Upon first glance, to us and Rhys, we could only assume that he had wanted her there for...personal reasons? But, I was thinking this morning that the reasons quite possibly aren't as personal as we'd probably thought. All along, Jack mantra has been "The 21st century is when it all changes". We know that he's from the future. Could it be possible that he knows Gwen has something to do with the big changes that occur? Maybe her name is down in history as doing something great and he's been waiting to meet up with her... I donno, I realize that's a stretch...

And while it may be a stretch, it still keeps our favourite ship firmly at sail!!

I can't wait till the screencaps start popping up from last night....

Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

oh, this is my new home... I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Jack/Ianto! They are just so cute and I get all warm and fuzzy when I think about them

therefor "Meat" wasn't my favorite episode so far...

Spoiler:
        sure we got "the looks" and Ianto's oh so obvious smile at Tosh's remark, but there was way too much Jack/Gwen going on...

I just hope tPTB won't continue that... for the first time there is a canon slash/ship (whatever you wanna call it *lol*) pairing in a SciFi show and I want it to continue!

Originally posted by Red Phoniex
        Spoiler:

Such double meaning
        oh, I sooo agree to all of this

Sun'shyne I like your theories *lol*

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
        Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
          oh, this is my new home... I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Jack/Ianto! They are just so cute and I get all warm and fuzzy when I think about them

therefor "Meat" wasn't my favorite episode so far...

Spoiler:
          sure we got "the looks" and Ianto's oh so obvious smile at Tosh's remark, but there was way too much Jack/Gwen going on...

I just hope tPTB won't continue that... for the first time there is a canon slash/ship (whatever you wanna call it *lol*) pairing in a SciFi show and I want it to continue!

oh, I sooo agree to all of this

Sun'shyne I like your theories *lol*
          Thanks! I think I can honestly say I'm not worried about our ship... though, having said that... I don't touch spoilers for future epis... so I may be missing something huge and just sounding like an idiot LOL
          Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post
            Thanks! I think I can honestly say I'm not worried about our ship... though, having said that... I don't touch spoilers for future epis... so I may be missing something huge and just sounding like an idiot LOL
            well, I watched an interview with Gareth on youtube today and he didn't give any spoilers but he sounded really reassuring for our two boys and I've read another tiny bit so I'm almost confident now, that the PTB won't destroy our ship

and I won't go searching for more now, cause I stay clear of spoilers as well

Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
              well, I watched an interview with Gareth on youtube today and he didn't give any spoilers but he sounded really reassuring for our two boys and I've read another tiny bit so I'm almost confident now, that the PTB won't destroy our ship

and I won't go searching for more now, cause I stay clear of spoilers as well
              do you have the link at all? love watching gareth

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

do you have the link at all? love watching gareth
                here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aduQeI-rjFw

he is just stuttering cutely along *lol* I guess he is not really comfortable with being interviewed

Visit me at my LJ

Comment

I think the Gwen & Jack stuff from Jack POV is about family, friendship and is not sexual.

I was a little surprised to release that Ianto/Jack still haven't told the others about them. Although it is kinda sweet that they are keeping it to themselves. I hope next week
                  Spoiler:
                  is the week it all gets revealed.
                  I am actually glad myself that Jack and Ianto don't need to be in each others faces with the "how are you" stuff, they are guys after all... lets not get girly about that, guys don't always need to say that stuff... that is what beds (desks) are for! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                    I was a little surprised to release that Ianto/Jack still haven't told the others about them. Although it is kinda sweet that they are keeping it to themselves.
                    Gwen might know. Tosh and Owen seem clueless, though.

Spoiler:
                    Gwen said in Meat that none of them have partners outside of here (meaning TW). With her comments about Jack's bedroom manners in Sleeper, maybe, just maybe Ianto & her chat. I doubt the second point myself, though. Anyhow, I think she knows. Tosh's talk about sad singles make it obvious that she doesn't know, and I don't thing Owen does either. Love the looks from Ianto during that conversation!
                    Reveling in my multi-shipper happy place...and drooling over Sheppard.

My SG-1 Fanfic (Atlantis fic coming soon)

Comment

finally something i can comment on yay for delurking!
                      Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post
                      More Meat Discussion:
                      Spoiler:
                      Okay... after last nights epi, I was slighty angered with all the Jack/Gwen stuff. Though after thinking heavily on it while in the shower this morning (yes, I quite often think TW while in the shower.. LMAO), I have a few theories. One is a bit of a stretch, the other, not so much... (I realize this would be better off in the TW Discussion thread, but it has to do heavily with our favourite ship!)

1. I think the reason Jack is so pushy and clingy with Gwen is because she is able to show him a different side of himself. She, untill last night, was still able to seperate Torchwood and a life outside it, which is something none of the rest of them and Jack least of all is able to do. He saw her having the type of life that he can never have (and obviously wishes he could with Ianto). He'll never get to grow old and die with his love. Instead he'll have to watch as Ianto grows old and dies and he'll loose yet another great love in his life. So I feel that he is so passionate with Gwen, not because he loves/wants her in the way he loves/wants his canon relationship, but because he wants what she has in life.

(the more far out there one)
                      2. Okay, this one is a bit of a stretch, but something hit me when Jack was in the van with Rhys. He kept passionately saying that Gwen had to be the one. Upon first glance, to us and Rhys, we could only assume that he had wanted her there for...personal reasons? But, I was thinking this morning that the reasons quite possibly aren't as personal as we'd probably thought. All along, Jack mantra has been "The 21st century is when it all changes". We know that he's from the future. Could it be possible that he knows Gwen has something to do with the big changes that occur? Maybe her name is down in history as doing something great and he's been waiting to meet up with her... I donno, I realize that's a stretch...

And while it may be a stretch, it still keeps our favourite ship firmly at sail!!

I can't wait till the screencaps start popping up from last night....

theory two, not so much of a stretch... i've already read numerous fanfiction where Jack, as a student of the past, knows the names of the people on the front line when "everything changes" one even suggested that he brought the current team together b/c that's what history books in the 51st century say.... haven't watched Meat yet... it's actually buffering right now

Yay! Meat-

Spoiler:

Such double meaning

Spoiler:
                      i think the reason why Jack didn't rush to Ianto's side is b/c he remembers what happened after Countrycide, after all it's a similar situation.... He knows how strong Ianto is and just when exactly he's gonna need the comfort the most, like behind closed doors and away from prying eyes.... just b/c we don't see anything on screen doesn't mean Jack doesn't do anything, rushing to his side immediately really just undermines Ianto's own strength, and Ianot is the type of man who likes to keep his stoic front... we rarely get see him overly emotional and the fact that Jack practically ignores him just shows how much he respects Ianto imho
                      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                        I think the Gwen & Jack stuff from Jack POV is about family, friendship and is not sexual.

I was a little surprised to release that Ianto/Jack still haven't told the others about them. Although it is kinda sweet that they are keeping it to themselves. I hope next week
                        Spoiler:
                        is the week it all gets revealed.
                        I am actually glad myself that Jack and Ianto don't need to be in each others faces with the "how are you" stuff, they are guys after all... lets not get girly about that, guys don't always need to say that stuff... that is what beds (desks) are for! lol

with Gwen and sleepers

Spoiler:

I was wondering when she was saying about Jacks bed habits that she had personal experience of them but it makes complete sense that she would speak that way if Ianto had told her. As well as the end of 'Meat', it looks that way.

i didn't want them to go rushing into eachothers arms or anything but a quick 'Ianto, you ok?' across the room wouldn't have gone unmissed.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

i didn't want them to go rushing into eachothers arms or anything but a quick 'Ianto, you ok?' across the room wouldn't have gone unmissed.
                          I second that but I can see you point as well Lilith

Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                            finally something i can comment on yay for delurking!
                            Yay!

i think the reason
                            Spoiler:
                            why Jack didn't rush to Ianto's side is b/c he remembers what happened after Countrycide, after all it's a similar situation.... He knows how strong Ianto is and just when exactly he's gonna need the comfort the most, like behind closed doors and away from prying eyes.... just b/c we don't see anything on screen doesn't mean Jack doesn't do anything, rushing to his side immediately really just undermines Ianto's own strength, and Ianot is the type of man who likes to keep his stoic front... we rarely get see him overly emotional and the fact that Jack practically ignores him just shows how much he respects Ianto imho
                            OK what Lilith said. That is what I mean about not being girls.
                            Spoiler:
                            I just think they have this dynamic that means a lot of what 'we' as slashers might like to see or hear will happen off screen, sure Jack could have yelled over to Ianto but really it wasn't necessary for the flow of the story. We know he cares deeply for Ianto.
                            I think in shows like this where time is important, they will leave in what is good for the story and omit or remove what will "only" be important for the characters. It stinks but that is what happens, story flow comes first the rest is just gravy if you can get it.

Comment

after actually watching the ep, i'd like to add that yeah Ianto's situation was not exactly the best,
                              Spoiler:
                              but he didn't have any life threatening or potentially dangerous injuries, as opposed to Rhys' gun shot wound or the dieing alien manatee... quite simply, Ianto could wait.... tho it looked like Jack was forsaking Ianto for the manatee, i bet his mind was working a million miles per second... he had to think about what to do with Rhys, what to do with the bohemoth body, Ianto being in serious danger again, feeling guilty for not being able to save the manatee, feeling guilty for putting Rhys in danger, feeling guilty about not making Gwen stand down, and those are only the most obvious.... before he could focus on Ianto, he needed a moment to compose himself, so he did the one thing he could... he concentrated on the task at hand, letting go the victim and accepting that he failed his own personal mission, and then getting everyone out and back to the hub... when gwen came rushing back in to tell Jack she wasn't gonna retcon Rhys, Jack and Ianto were sitting in his office, and by the looks of it, Ianto was drinking brandy, or maybe whiskey... but the main point is that they were sitting together in Jack's office talking, and i bet that was Jack's attempt at comfort for both of them and closure for himself until they could get a moment to themselves....
                              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                              sigpic

Comment

You know it occured to me
                                Spoiler:
                                that since thier relationship is a secret that they may have already talked about how they would act if something was to happen to one of them.

Maybe this is what they decided; that if it isn't life threatening, or the threat is over, that they carry on as if nothing is between them until they have some time alone. Then they can ask the things they need, touch each other to make sure they are still *alive* (well not in Jack's case obviously ) and basically reaffirm their luv.

I mean look at Gwen with Rhys, he hadn't even step foot in the lorry and she was a nervous wreak, that just wouldn't work between Jack and Ianto week in and out.

Comment

Working...
                                X