This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I hope he's just gone, he was a pretty poor villain.
    One thing I noticed in the trailer and did not like was:
    Spoiler:

Kylo physically pushing a guy down with his lightsabre, that's not how they work, the guy would be cut in half.
    Look again...he speared the dude on one of the crossguard miniblades, and used the momentum of his fist/the hilt to knock him down while the crossguard blade was still spearing him!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I hope he's just gone, he was a pretty poor villain.
      bleh he wasnt given much of a chance in the first place

though I didn't like how they made him look like some "rich extravagant corporate with force powers" in the last film (he looked more sinister in the first one)

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Spirit Yoda used the Force to summon lightning from a storm. He didn't physically interact with the world.
      I'd say lightning storms are quite real as are their effects
      he should be able to use TK as well

unless you mean physically interact as in make themselves solid like Patrick Swayze's ghost?

Correct. Lucas and Filoni.
      awesome I didn't know that

though it's good they brought back Maul it's still a yuge inconsistency if you think about it:

- healing's supposed to be a light side power right? healing, not exactly the sith's gig

- Qi Gong's a jedi & his injury was a lot less serious yet Maul survived & Qi didn't

go figure :/

I'm wary of this, because it was Pablo Hidalgo who said it (not Filoni). You'd be right to point out that Pablo absolutely is part of the Story Group, but he's notorious for not liking or wanting people to take his thoughts as immutable canon. He's even made a point over the last two years of trying not to talk about Star Wars in any official capacity on his Twitter account.
      then think about it this way: if sith can also become ghosts then they'd have to retcon the very basics of SW canon: how exactly is the light side more powerful than the dark side?

Comment

Look again...he speared the dude on one of the crossguard miniblades, and used the momentum of his fist/the hilt to knock him down while the crossguard blade was still spearing him!
        Yeah, still not sold dude, just watched it about 7 times (just that bit), Assuming he is impaled on the cross-bar, the rest would tear right through him despite the momentum of hitting him. A blade would hold and impart momentum, something like a lightsabre would just cut through.
        It's a little niggle, granted however.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          bleh he wasnt given much of a chance in the first place
          Perhaps.
          though I didn't like how they made him look like some "rich extravagant corporate with force powers" in the last film (he looked more sinister in the first one)
          Personal opinion, but I just found him flat. Kylo was a better villain, Snoke just felt like a crappy roman Emperor wanna-be (which is where we would agree)
          I'd say lightning storms are quite real as are their effects
          he should be able to use TK as well
          Yes, he should.
          unless you mean physically interact as in make themselves solid like Patrick Swayze's ghost?
          I would say that's what digi means.
          awesome I didn't know that

though it's good they brought back Maul it's still a yuge inconsistency if you think about it:

- healing's supposed to be a light side power right? healing, not exactly the sith's gig
          SURVIVAL is very much a dark side power.

- Qi Gong's a jedi & his injury was a lot less serious yet Maul survived & Qi didn't

go figure :/

then think about it this way: if sith can also become ghosts then they'd have to retcon the very basics of SW canon: how exactly is the light side more powerful than the dark side?
          It's not.
          Jedi Ghosts interact and talk, Sith ghosts are more inclined to corrupt and control (yet, admittedly, that's more an EC POV)
          sigpic

Comment

Kylo was a better villain
            lol a Vader wannabe
            minus the power
            and the presence
            and the overall badassness

assuming they don't bring back the big bad: unless Kylo gets a major level-up on all those aspects (or at least the first - but how? he has no one to train him now) the next film doesn't look any more promising than the previous ones
            still hoping for a major twist or something
            bring back the Bendu

Comment

I'm not sure the Bendu would translate to live-action....but any Tom Baker is good Tom Baker.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

lol a Vader wannabe
                minus the power
                He displayed more power, I never saw Vader actually stop a blaster bolt in mid air, just absorb the energy.
                and the presence
                and the overall badassness
                On that we agree. He's not Iconic, but he is better than Snoke.
                assuming they don't bring back the big bad: unless Kylo gets a major level-up on all those aspects (or at least the first - but how? he has no one to train him now) the next film doesn't look any more promising than the previous ones
                still hoping for a major twist or something
                I'm with you dude, I'm not a huge fan of this current trilogy either, In fact, I pretty much despise everything JJ does. I think he killed ST, and now he is killing SW.
                bring back the Bendu
                The cartoons were awesome, the notion of the grey and the Whilles was awesome, and it's where Lucas wanted to go, and now, we are here.
                sigpic

Comment

I pretty much despise everything JJ does. I think he killed ST, and now he is killing SW.
                  Nitpick: the JJverse Trek films heavily involved Alex Kurtzman, who is now the guy in charge of the (so far) amazing revival of Trek on TV.

Also, Fringe was awesome.

Comment

Nitpick: the JJverse Trek films heavily involved Alex Kurtzman, who is now the guy in charge of the (so far) amazing revival of Trek on TV.

He can do good things in TV, granted.
                    Big movies?
                    No, I seriously don't like him in that role.
                    It could be because he does not have time to do it in a movie.
                    I was unimpressed with Ep 7, I was Unimpressed with the new ST.
                    I won't say he wrecked my childhood, but his choices on the big screen just seem, well, crap. He has a vision, and that's cool, but it does not reflect the vision of the creator, it reflects HIS vision, and that's not so cool.
                    JJ should make his own universe, rather than screw with others.
                    sigpic

Comment

On that we agree. He's not Iconic, but he is better than Snoke.
                      Snoke had the potential to be as badass as Palpatine if not more so

especially if he was the voice Sidious heard (cf. fan speculation since I haven't read the book in question)

I'm not sure the Bendu would translate to live-action....but any Tom Baker is good Tom Baker.
                      it's just that with all this light vs dark stuff the series needs a true neutral/"unified force" character

first 3 seasons were real good

4th season (where Peter was sort of erased from the timeline) was passable

5th season bleh

and speaking of Star Trek any reason why shields have disappeared since JJ's first movie? that idiot appears to have forgotten the concept we don't see a single federation ship use shields during a battle

Comment

Snoke had the potential to be as badass as Palpatine if not more so

especially if he was the voice Sidious heard (cf. fan speculation since I haven't read the book in question)
                        Yet, it crapped out.
                        That's my point dude.
                        it's just that with all this light vs dark stuff the series needs a true neutral/"unified force" character
                        Would you have said that if you had only seen the original trilogy?
                        first 3 seasons were real good

4th season (where Peter was sort of erased from the timeline) was passable

5th season bleh
                        No comment.
                        and speaking of Star Trek any reason why shields have disappeared since JJ's first movie? that idiot appears to have forgotten the concept we don't see a single federation ship use shields during a battle
                        We see shields, they are just useless.
                        sigpic

Comment

Would you have said that if you had only seen the original trilogy?
                          no cause before the phantom menace etc. we were just lil kids & the whole light vs dark stuff was the cool new thing :|

Comment

and when do we ever see shield FX in JJ's ST films?

looked up on youtube lots of battle scenes never saw even 1

Comment

no cause before the phantom menace etc. we were just lil kids & the whole light vs dark stuff was the cool new thing :|
                              I wasn't.
                              sigpic

Comment

and when do we ever see shield FX in JJ's ST films?

looked up on youtube lots of battle scenes never saw even 1
                                In Ep 8 there are a lot of shield strikes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X