Myka Bering/Pete Lattimer ship thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    Didn't watch DS9 all that much but yes, any really lasting ship on a tv show is always one that builds over time. There are a handful of ships that are like that and I hope that Pete & Myka become one of them...in time. Right now I'm really enjoying them as they are.
    Well ask Jel about Odo/Kira As far as I know it's the only relationship he's liked on TV It was built up over time, took them 6 years mind you but it was all worth it in the end A lot of other scifi shows, heck even normal shows could learn a thing or two about how to write relationships from DS9
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Well ask Jel about Odo/Kira As far as I know it's the only relationship he's liked on TV It was built up over time, took them 6 years mind you but it was all worth it in the end A lot of other scifi shows, heck even normal shows could learn a thing or two about how to write relationships from DS9
      Not true. I have other ships I support. I'm just not telling you
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Not true. I have other ships I support. I'm just not telling you
        ah right, well you don't ship just for the sake of shipping then? I'm assuming they have to be well written and show good chemistry between the characters also? And also it should add to the overall show? a la DS9
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          ah right, well you don't ship just for the sake of shipping then? I'm assuming they have to be well written and show good chemistry between the characters also? And also it should add to the overall show? a la DS9
          Correct. A pairing has a lot to show me before I acknowledge it. Which is why I have many shows where I do not ship at all
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Correct. A pairing has a lot to show me before I acknowledge it. Which is why I have many shows where I do not ship at all
            Yes, this is very wise indeed There's quite a few shows where I don't ship anybody too I have to see something between the characters for me to ship them, and I don't yet see anything like that between Pete and Myka. I do however see snippets that they could become really good friends and who knows, maybe it could develop into more from there
            sigpic

Comment

I would love to have Jack-Sam relationship with them. That would be really nice.
              sigpic
              God Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Ranger View Post
                I would love to have Jack-Sam relationship with them. That would be really nice.
                You mean the "let's do nothing with the awesome chemistry between our leads" type of Jack/Sam relationship? No thank you. I'd rather they do something and risk ruining the show then wasting 10 or more years on the awesome chemistry between Eddie & Joanne. I HATE that the SG1 PTB did nothing with the awesome chemistry between Amanda and RDA. They wasted their talents in that respect.
                Last edited by SunKrux; 07 December 2009, 06:24 PM.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

good point SunKrux.
                  sigpic

Comment

You mean the "let's do nothing with the awesome chemistry between our leads" type of Jack/Sam relationship? No thank you. I'd rather they do something and risk ruining the show then wasting 10 or more years on the awesome chemistry between Eddie & Joanne. I HATE that the SG1 PTB did nothing with the awesome chemistry between Amanda and RDA. They wasted their talents in that respect.
                    OMG, I know... I don't think I could take it. They were the best couple, that never got together. They hints, babbed, and pushed, but nothing. It drove me crazy!!! And I watched the show after it was over, so, I watch all of the seasons in about 3 or 4 mouths, and that annoyed me, after 4 years of that, I'd start kicking myself.
                    sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Sorry. And no ,not That type of Sam/Jack relationship.
                      sigpic
                      God Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Ranger View Post
                        Sorry. And no ,not That type of Sam/Jack relationship.
                        Don't be embarrassed. I just think that the relationship Sam/Jack SHOULD have had was wasted. I would have liked them together as well but noooooo TPTB couldn't be bothered to do more than tease and then torture us.
                        sigpic

Comment

Don't be embarrassed. I just think that the relationship Sam/Jack SHOULD have had was wasted. I would have liked them together as well but noooooo TPTB couldn't be bothered to do more than tease and then torture us.
                          Yeah.
                          sigpic
                          God Bless America

Comment

Yes. I ship Pete and Myka. I love their bantering with each other. I hope they eventually get together. They're my favorite potential pair of the sci-fi shows, since they screwed my other pairings for forced couples, or they were on shows they cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
                              I agree! A friendship that leads to romantic feeling is way better then a lust couple leading to sex.
                              I agree. I would get tired of being bombarded by couples starting out that way. I like when they start off bantering, or they tease each other, and an attraction builds from there, like the good ole days of Remington Steele and Laura. That kind of thing.

Comment

Hey if you're on Tumblr there is a Myka/Pete shipper Tumblr feel free to follow, submit pics, tell us why you want/like Myka/Pete as a potential ship.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X