Ichabod Crane/ Abbie Mills Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJsGirl View Post
    Abbie and Ichabod made the show for me. I instantly liked the characters. In the beginning I tried not to ship them (even now I mostly friendship them with hopes of a future relationship) but I certainly ship with caution. Especially now that Katrina will be in the real world with them.
    I kind of felt bad for Katia. During a couple of interviews and particularly at SDCC she said she hoped the fans would give her a chance and thought maybe they just wanted her to go away, because the Ichabbie fan base is so strong. I don't think they want her to go away. I think that it was hinted early in S1 that Ichabbie was end game so having Katrina 'here' means that won't happen for a long time... If ever. I think we all know TPTB change their minds on these things. And fans want to see their protagonists/stars together "now" lol. So seeing the wife back from the dead makes the fans very nervous.
    Oh, that's so sad to hear from her. The same thing happened to Kandyse McClure on Battlestar Gallactica. She was Lee's wife and there were fans that hated the character and took it out on the actress because they wanted Lee and Kara together. I didn't think that was fair to her, especially since she seemed like such a nice person. Even having Lee cheat on her with Kara didn't seem to make them happy enough. Personally, I thought Sam was better despite his condition, and Kara ended up getting the better guy. I also thought Billy was better, but that's just my opinion too. Sleepy Hollow's a little different to me in the sense that I do think that Ichabod and Abbie could be good together, but you never know what will happen.

sigpic

Comment

It's nice to see that TM is throwing some support to Ichabbie. Now we just have to see what the writers and producers do with the show.

LadyBlue, I remember that with BSG. It's never good when the writers go in one direction, get the fans hyped up about it then go in another direction. It divides your audience into camps and you risk losing a large portion of your audience if you go in a different direction. SGA did it with Ronon/Keller, and many believe with John/Teyla. They also outraged John/Liz fans.
      I've googled and done some searching and there is so much on Ichabod/Abbie, and so very little for Ichabod/Katrina (except for the movie and old cartoon). The fans of the show just are not shipping Ichatrina (or at least very little).
      I for one do not want an OOC affair between Ichabbie. I prefer the complexity of the feelings/friendship, and then more friendship development with a little angst thrown in. Once the storyline with Katrina is resolved (Se goes back to pergatory, crosses over into death, Sacrifices herself for Jeramy or Headless... whatever happens in the future) then I would like to see what happens with Ichabbie relationship wise.
      But if the writers just say flat out never mind Ichabbie is over, I will not be happy. The relationship/friendship has already compelled me (and others) to care, and to want them as the endgame.
      sigpic

Comment

I did a bit of rewatching and I remembered that it was eisode 3 (with the Sandman that I first started getting a little bit shippy for Ichabbie. Then the encouterd the sandman and they wre so protective of each other. Then back in their secret room behind the police station,m they had a light hearted moment.
        sigpic

Comment

So far, I think Ichabod and Abbie are really close friends and partners, which happens when people go through stuff together like they have. Doesn't mean they have to become romantically involved.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            So far, I think Ichabod and Abbie are really close friends and partners, which happens when people go through stuff together like they have. Doesn't mean they have to become romantically involved.
            So true, but doesn't mean the fans can't enjoy shipping if we want to. It's a fun pass time, and it's just a show. Just like with any ship... It may or may not happen on the show, but we still have fun with it. Lots of ships never happen on screen (John/Teyla, John/ Elizabeth, Jack/Sam, Ronon/Jennifer) and we still enjoy shipping It never bothers me if someone ships or is a non shipper. But it's nice to have a place to share the ship with those who also appreciate it.
            sigpic
            Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by Twi'lek View Post
              I did a bit of rewatching and I remembered that it was eisode 3 (with the Sandman that I first started getting a little bit shippy for Ichabbie. Then the encouterd the sandman and they wre so protective of each other. Then back in their secret room behind the police station,m they had a light hearted moment.
              That was sweet at the end of that episode.
              I think I started to get shippy eyes on the Sin Eater episode. It started with the adorable curtsy after the baseball game, and then the hug at the end was like "wow". I got a little choked up. It's the actors. NB and TM are fantastic.
              sigpic

Comment

That was sweet at the end of that episode.
                I think I started to get shippy eyes on the Sin Eater episode. It started with the adorable curtsy after the baseball game, and then the hug at the end was like "wow". I got a little choked up. It's the actors. NB and TM are fantastic.
                One of my favorite episodes. I think that was the one that solidified it for me. One more day!
                sigpic

Comment

I have to say I like their chemistry together, even if stays on the companionship/friendship area.
                  sigpic
                  Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                  Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

D
                    Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                    I have to say I like their chemistry together, even if stays on the companionship/friendship area.
                    Yes, so do I. The writers/directors struck gold pairing these two. I heard the screen test was pretty awesome for them. I need to get the S1 DVD set.
                    sigpic

Comment

Can't stay but wanted to say the S2 premiere is Wow so far!
                      sigpic

Comment

The blogs are alive with the sound of Ichabbie today! The non Abbie Ichabod fans are not happy, but next week will be focused on Ichabod finding Katrina, so they will have their pair back.

I'm going to work on some art and vids. If they aren't too big I will post here.
                        sigpic

Comment

The blogs are alive with the sound of Ichabbie today! The non Abbie Ichabod fans are not happy, but next week will be focused on Ichabod finding Katrina, so they will have their pair back.

I'm going to work on some art and vids. If they aren't too big I will post here.
                          Yes they are. I can't believe that much 'shippy goodness' was dedicated to the non romantic pair. Maybe trying to make the Ichabod/Abbie fans happy before all the Ichabod/Katrina romance begins.

As for the almost kiss that was hinted. It was actually
                          Spoiler:
                          a very romantic (if you are shippy) long hug then dialog and ending with him holding her hand not wanting to let her go

I also read that on the DVD set the producer said or hinted that Ichabbie is the endgame. I really hope so.
                          sigpic

Comment

But Katrina is still there.
                            Spoiler:
                            Captured by the Horseman who still fancies her, but still married.
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Most of the fic I've seen is AU where Katrina is still dead or in purgatory (which is dead) or she does not exist for what ever reason, or they are future based where Katrina has passed on to the afterlife. Now after the season premiere, I'm seeing a new type of fic pop up.
                              Spoiler:
                              based on the year that Abbie and Ichabod where together didn't really happen. They thought Jenny and Katrina were dead so the imagination can think up some romantic scenarios based on what was said.

The consensus from what I can tell though is that the Ichabod/Abbie fans are full anti-affair. That would just not be cool. There are a ton of theories running about how this will play out, since it is STILL being hinted by producers that Abbie/Crane are end game. This is also based on the actual story being that Katrina did not chose Ichabod, she chose the Hessian soldier (Headless). It may be that knowing the story makes it easier to think Ichabod and Katrina are not the endgame.
                              I'm willing to wait it out and see what happens. It'll be interesting either way.
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't ship Icabod/ Abbie romantically.
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X