Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got COE for €12 on ebay new and Im going to get season 2 tonight! I already picked up season 1 when a dvd shop near me closed down about a year and a half ago for €18 Cheap cheap cheap torchwood
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

so there's going to be a series 4. I have mixed feelings about this, because the way RTD wrapped up CoE made it seem pretty final to me. And the fact that (casting spoilers/rumors)
      Spoiler:
      there are going to be two "American" characters makes me slightly apprehensive. According to what I've heard floating about they're both going to be CIA operatives which in a way makes sense because you couldn't have FBI or any other domestic US agency send people overseas. But at the same time I'm slightly concerned that they'll be written in the sterotypical fashion; hothead, can't follow orders, willing to shoot first and not ask questions rather than ask questions then shoot, ect.

what do other people think?

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
        so there's going to be a series 4. I have mixed feelings about this, because the way RTD wrapped up CoE made it seem pretty final to me. And the fact that (casting spoilers/rumors)
        Spoiler:
        there are going to be two "American" characters makes me slightly apprehensive. According to what I've heard floating about they're both going to be CIA operatives which in a way makes sense because you couldn't have FBI or any other domestic US agency send people overseas. But at the same time I'm slightly concerned that they'll be written in the sterotypical fashion; hothead, can't follow orders, willing to shoot first and not ask questions rather than ask questions then shoot, ect.

what do other people think?
        I'm not sure how this would significantly mark them out from other members of Torchwood, to be honest.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Well, I recently finished watching Torchwood for the first time (yes I plan on buying the series and watching it a few more times). I didn't know if I'd care for the show, but I popped in the first DVD and I was hooked. It was sad yesterday when the end of season 2 came to an end. I do have the "mini" season 3 coming from Netflix this week...I can't wait 'til it arrives.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm now up to day 3 of Children of Earth. In unison talking by the children was a bit creepy. While I'm enjoying CoE...things feel off balance without Tosh and Owen.
            sigpic

Comment

I thought the lack of Tosh and Owen worked well for CoE. I don't think the overall pace and series of events would have been as good with Owen trying to shag one of the 456 and Tosh being her usual self and acting jealous but trying to cover it up.

sigpic

Comment

Finished CoE today...didn't like Ianto meeting his maker...very sad.
                sigpic

Comment

Meeting his end is one of the reasons I was glad Owen and Tosh weren't in it. It wouldn't have been as emotional or tragic if Tosh and Owen were still around to be killed off. I don't think it would have been as sad had Tosh or Owen been killed off in it, nor if they decided to kill off the comedic relief characters like PC Andy or Rhys since they also act as the characters viewers can more easily relate to.

It was sad they never really followed on from Journeys End and included Mickey or Martha as Torchwood staff.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X