No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just lurk in quickly here. I had to check what "thunking" mean after so many years.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...?term=thunking
    My bad.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      I just lurk in quickly here. I had to check what "thunking" mean after so many years.
      My bad.
      Moahahahaha.... always welcome to come join our ranks!

In other news.... we are officially in lockdown. We can't call it that, but this is Belgium. It's who we are.

And my anxiety has developed anxiety so it's gonna be an interesting time.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

In other news.... we are officially in lockdown. We can't call it that, but this is Belgium. It's who we are.

Oh dear. I think a lot of places are going to do that eventually. I don't see how New York City can possibly go without doing that, for example. Basically, any place that is densely populated probably should do that.

I'm sorry your anxiety has kicked up. I know what that's like and it absolutely sucks! I wish I had some words that would help you, but I have the same problem. So I can't offer advice, but I can offer empathy.

My bad.
        Come by more often! Nice to hear from you.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I'm sorry your anxiety has kicked up. I know what that's like and it absolutely sucks! I wish I had some words that would help you, but I have the same problem. So I can't offer advice, but I can offer empathy.
          We decided to get destructive in the Marvel Lego Game... it was surprisingly effective.

Comment

We decided to get destructive in the Marvel Lego Game... it was surprisingly effective.
            Mr. SR and I have been watching "Lego Masters." It's amazing the things they can do.

I went out to a routine dermatologist appointment this morning, and there is no noticeable difference in the traffic here. I guess this staying home thing just isn't catching on. I don't know what it will take to get people to get a clue. My doc didn't shake hands and they took me right on back without having to sit in the waiting room. I'm glad he's still open but my dentist has closed.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

My bad.
              Welcome! Please stop by more often, we always like having lots of people to talk to!

Heheheh... a little controlled chaos is always good. Glad it was helpful.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Mr. SR and I have been watching "Lego Masters." It's amazing the things they can do.

I went out to a routine dermatologist appointment this morning, and there is no noticeable difference in the traffic here. I guess this staying home thing just isn't catching on. I don't know what it will take to get people to get a clue. My doc didn't shake hands and they took me right on back without having to sit in the waiting room. I'm glad he's still open but my dentist has closed.
              It was certainly more quiet on the road than usual yesterday when we went out for our normal grocery run, but it seemed there was still the usual number of people in the market.

I've got my 6-month cleaning at the dentist in about 3 weeks. It'll be interesting to see how that goes.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My bad.
                Hi there!

Oh dear. I think a lot of places are going to do that eventually. I don't see how New York City can possibly go without doing that, for example. Basically, any place that is densely populated probably should do that.

My kiddo is helping distract me from my anxiety without even trying. Since she is bored, I'm learning how to play Pokémon. I'm also into season 3 of My Hero Academia, have been introduced to Undertale, Five Nights at Freddy's, and have watched Markiplier and Jack Septiceye play through Minecraft. We're not even official on a Shelter at Home proclamation yet. I'm going to devolve back into a teenager before this is all over, lol. In return, I continue to introduce her to the best clips I can find of Farscape and Atlantis and all other oldies but goodies that come to mind. She loved the clip from the Atlantis episode Runner of Rodney running through the woods screaming while shooting a gun straight up in the air. That one always makes me laugh just thinking about it. Also, Sheppard's "I shot him." Shrugs. "In the leg." She loved that and his "I'm sorry for shooting everyone." I'm thinking coronavirus = time for the full rewatch.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  My kiddo is helping distract me from my anxiety without even trying. Since she is bored, I'm learning how to play Pokémon. I'm also into season 3 of My Hero Academia, have been introduced to Undertale, Five Nights at Freddy's, and have watched Markiplier and Jack Septiceye play through Minecraft. We're not even official on a Shelter at Home proclamation yet. I'm going to devolve back into a teenager before this is all over, lol. In return, I continue to introduce her to the best clips I can find of Farscape and Atlantis and all other oldies but goodies that come to mind. She loved the clip from the Atlantis episode Runner of Rodney running through the woods screaming while shooting a gun straight up in the air. That one always makes me laugh just thinking about it. Also, Sheppard's "I shot him." Shrugs. "In the leg." She loved that and his "I'm sorry for shooting everyone." I'm thinking coronavirus = time for the full rewatch.
                  That is so awesome! Glad you two are having fun and making the most of the situation.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I love my furry colleagues.

Our cats are keeping us company. In turn, join my sister and me, curling themselves into little balls and be all cute.

Yesterday evening we applauded for all caregivers. Tomorrow we're doing that again, and hanging white blankets or towels outside in support.

A friend of ours is a nurse in the ER. She can use all the support! All of them can.

Comment

Our cats are keeping us company. In turn, join my sister and me, curling themselves into little balls and be all cute.

Yesterday evening we applauded for all caregivers. Tomorrow we're doing that again, and hanging white blankets or towels outside in support.

A friend of ours is a nurse in the ER. She can use all the support! All of them can.
                      Excellent idea on the caregivers. Add truckers to your list also. They are working overtime to keep supplies rolling. Someone here suggested people put their Christmas lights back up. I don't know yet if that's caught on.
                      sigpic

Comment

Excellent idea on the caregivers. Add truckers to your list also. They are working overtime to keep supplies rolling. Someone here suggested people put their Christmas lights back up. I don't know yet if that's caught on.
                        Some of us haven't even taken them down...

I have a string of lights in my room... mmm... that's actually a good idea.

Comment

That's a good way of destressing!!

My regular dentist has also closed for everything besides emergencies. Which means I won't get the crown I've been waiting months to get. Tomorrow morning I will see the oral surgeon to get the stitch taken out from the extraction on my back tooth. I was afraid they would cancel me.

I went out today too and like you, traffic was pretty normal. My sister-in-law and brother are both still working in their offices. I can't imagine that will last too long though. The minute one of the office people gets sick, the whole places will shut down. My sister-in-law can work from home but my brother can't. He'd have to go on unemployment. He HATES not working AND he's a very social person. He'll be a very cranky guy if he has to stay home.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                          That's great that you're getting your daughter into Atlantis and Farscape! My mom got me into Farscape back in the day. She didn't like Aeryn. Crazy lady.

Oh that's a great idea! Yes, the hospital workers definitely deserve our support!

And truckers too! Good thinking.

Comment

I have to vent for a second....

I've seen everyone from entertainers to politicians use the phrase "Marshall Law".

It is NOT that. It is called "martial law".

Grammar geek peace out

Comment

I have to vent for a second....

I've seen everyone from entertainers to politicians use the phrase "Marshall Law".

It is NOT that. It is called "martial law".

Grammar geek peace out
                              Preach it sister. And do they even understand what martial law will mean? And don't get me started on those idiots at the beach partying like it's 1999.
                              sigpic

Comment

Day 3 of our lockdown, and day 5 of teleworking...

...I'm starting to miss my colleagues... so we decided on a video conference each morning to chat and discuss the day.

And of course, we also keep up on whatsapp, but it's so weird and ddifferent.

Comment

Working...
                                X