Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I really miss is Sci-Fi Fridays(SG1, SGA, and BSG oh my!)...and Stargate Sg-1 Mondays. Those were the highlights of my week! But Syfy is something new, so the change from Friday to Tuesday doesn't surprise me.

EDIT: I'm currently having a nostalgic moment...I'm getting really sad thinking about how much I miss Sci-Fi fridays!
    Last edited by Replicator Todd; 13 April 2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Gotta say it is gutsy, but it could make or break the show. Obviously SyFy is not happy with these 3 show performances. If it ain't broke don't fix it, but I guess it might be broke or starting to break. The numbers for SGU have not been impressive at all.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Gotta say it is gutsy, but it could make or break the show. Obviously SyFy is not happy with these 3 show performances. If it ain't broke don't fix it, but I guess it might be broke or starting to break. The numbers for SGU have not been impressive at all.
        I think its more then one show and the cumulative effect of decling numbers in Frday nights
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I think its more then one show and the cumulative effect of decling numbers in Frday nights
          I was just going to edit my post, but I'll just reply to you, because I know you are tying to defend SGU, and it's cool. Was going to add that, all 3 shows have not shown impressive numbers as of late. Friday has just become dead. The entire network is down. So SyFY needs to make changes. Cancelling programs is not always the best way, imo.
          sigpic

Comment

SGU is on Tuesdays in the UK.

I think it's a great move. Friday nights seem like a bad night for primetime shows.
            sigpic
            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              I was just going to edit my post, but I'll just reply to you, because I know you are tying to defend SGU, and it's cool. Was going to add that, all 3 shows have not shown impressive numbers as of late. Friday has just become dead. The entire network is down. So SyFY needs to make changes. Cancelling programs is not always the best way, imo.
              Not just SGU. I have seen the data. Friday night has never been a rating winner but has been getting steadly worse probably with the increase of we can watch more shows with the Internet medium. The other day I watched FlashForward on Hulu. In the past we couldn't do that so it could argued that extra way to watch TV is increasing people going out on Friday. I'll buy you a drink Brian
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Would have been better if it started there from the beginning.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                  SGU is on Tuesdays in the UK.
                  Yeah, and it'll get moved to Friday.

Comment

With so many having DVR's it really doesnt matter. Record and watch on Saturday when nothing else is on.
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                      With so many having DVR's it really doesnt matter. Record and watch on Saturday when nothing else is on.
                      It sure will matter when the ratings come out
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

http://corporate.wwe.com/news/2010/2010_04_13.jsp

“WWE® is the ultimate in imagination-based sports entertainment. The fantastical thrills of Friday Night SmackDown provide an ideal addition to the Syfy slate, as it targets the younger male and female demographics, which are the fastest growing categories for WWE,” said Dave Howe, President, Syfy. “With Tuesday night, a proven winner for our original drama series including Warehouse 13, there is bigger opportunity for series such as Stargate Universe, Sanctuary and Caprica to thrive on a night with a significantly larger number of viewers available to watch live.”

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...ve-to-Tuesdays
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

"imagination-based sports entertainment"

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                              I'm glad you have a DVR. I don't...

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                                I'm glad you have a DVR. I don't...
                                i'z got DVR
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X