Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver are you trying to make me cry??? Thank you for your kind words but honestly it was nothing! And he is so adorable, absolutely adorable (his little sister too)! Congratulations again to you and your wife. Your message has made my day and I only just got out of bed!

Comment

Silverwings, you and the missus are truely blessed, you have lovely kids, and make a wonderful family. BreeAnna is clearly a happy little girl with lots of personality, and Carson is as cute as a button! I don't normally go gooey over kids, but in this case its true.
      Thanks for sharing this very personal piece of joy with us, and again congratulations and much happyness to you and your family.

TJ, you never fail to amaze me, and your generosity speaks volumes. It may have been a small thing from your perspective, but I hope I speak for many of the SCB'ers it was a tender and extremely thoughtful gesture.

As feeble as it may seem, green to both of you!

As for Mr McGillion, what can I say? If I get my big break, I only hope I can be as much as half the man he is.

Seeing things like this is a true joy to witness. Once again I am proud to call myself part of the SCB Gate community!
      Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 17 October 2008, 12:29 PM.
      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Awww! Cute lil one <3

Comment

Awwwwwwwww, Silverwings you are truly blessed. He is such a cutie and that package is just made of win =) I mean ...seriously how cool is that =)
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

I am pleased to be first in the SCB thread to say

- Many Happy Returns Mr McGillion! Hope its a great one and I hope you have a wonderful time with friends and family!

Has anyone got a cake?!!
            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!

Comment

(Happy Birthday, Paul!)
              Twinchy---
              sigpic
              FanFic---------------------------------------------------Twinchy's Lair

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                Has anyone got a cake?!!
                You mean like this?

Enjoy!
                twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                  You mean like this?

Enjoy!
                  Very nice work TwinChaos! Whats the filling?

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                    Very nice work TwinChaos! Whats the filling?
                    The word "filling" may be a bit overrated because it's three layers of pie base and three layers of mocha cream, a topping of cocoa powder and mocha beans. So really nothing special, except when you're totally in LOVE with mocha cream like I am.
                    twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                    sigpic

Comment

Tomorrow (well it's already today for some of you) -> one year anniversary of "The Kindred Part II".

Comment

Wakey wakey folks!

I know that most of you won't be into Action figure collecting, but many would pay to have a figure of Dr B. As a result I am reposting my most recent comment from the Atlantis Action figures thread here.

Thanks.

No one wants Dr Beckett more than I do.

The impression I get to my responses on DST's blog is they really want to make him too as well as other unrealised characters.

What everyone has to remember is that DST is a small company. Its not like Mattel or Hasbro. Their resources and budget are very limited. As a result, if they take on a franchise they have to be sure it will work well (Star Trek for example). - Within that, they cannot afford to risk making figures that bottom out financially. - It could have bigger, disaterous repercussions for that franchise line, if not their business overall.

They know how we feel. They also know that there is another SG1 and a new Atlantis DVD movie release on the cards, as well as the re-release of SG1's Children Of The Gods. All we can do is continue to send them questions, remind them that interest in characters from SG1 and Atlantis is ongoing, that it won't dry up if they sustain product for it.

What we can do... - Keep asking questions!! Its clear fewer and fewer Stargate questions are being posted to DST. The Trek responses are getting longer and longer, and I am disappointed to see barely three or four Gate questions mixed in with the Galactica ones each month when its our turn. Keep asking, highlight the characters you would buy, regardless if you are into SG1 Atlantis OR both. Suggest Build ems, come up with new figure related ideas. Keep it respectful, keep it enthusiatic. - Also keep it realisitic. "Figure scaled gateroom" will not work.

At least that way, if the Stargate line does dry up, it won't be because demand is not there, and options weren't supplied by us, the customers.

Here as always is the link:

http://www.artasylum.com/question

Comment

I finally got around to noticing and commenting on the post over on the SCB blog that congratulated our family on our little Carson Rex:

http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com/200...newest-member/

He's still a cute little guy, a very happy little boy. His forehead cowlick in the mold of Beckett is still there, and it's fun to see him developing a tricksy little glint in his eye when he plays with us. He's shaping up to be every bit as much a kind hearted, happy trickster as his namesake.

Thanks again for the congratulations, all!
                          Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                          http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Hello all,

its been far too long since I had a chance to post in here! - Many of you probably know DST / AA has ground to a halt on their Stargate action figures. Theyt haven't said yes or no, but at present, there is no guarantee that there will be an action figure of Dr Beckett.

A few of us have decided we want to take matters into our own hands if we can. (Special than ks to Mooncat for this). We are trying to get at least 15 people to commit to the commisioned manufacture of the heads of Dr Beckett and McKay in a 1/6 scale. (I am for Dr Beckett!) full details of this activity can be found in the following thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=61692

Hope to see you there!

Thunderbird 2.

Comment

Update to my previous post.

Look at this!!

http://www.wantedactionfigure.com/pr...how.asp?id=579

Comment

Yikes, it's been a long time since I've wandered this way too! Hello to all who still pop by occasionally!

Hope they get the Beckett action figure commissioned! I'd buy one!

hugs to all the SCBers... and happy 2010!

Ali (Diesel Vanilla) xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X