MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
    It just got worse . Disney+ just became available as a preview exclusive in the Netherlands until the launch on November 12.

So, yeah, life = null.
    I heard.

Belgium isn't goingt to have access to that until maybe late next year or early 2020, so I'll be heading back onto the Pirate Seas.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Never forget that technically we are the Ancients.... And "the very young do not always do as they are told". So whatever SGC makes we will still be fans when they will be just a fading memory.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I thought they were already a fading memory...

Comment

What memory? Who?

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
            What memory? Who?
            ... I don't know...

What were we talking about again?

Comment

They went from a sort-of useful community app to a completely useless app. It has to have been intentional. But why? Why would MGM want to kill the community? Did they just wake up one day and decided that they can’t afford supporting a platform with this many users so directed the single engineer on their payroll to design a new app that will have a smaller user footprint and uses fewer server network and storage resources? There’s no way they think this is a more successful model by any objective metric. Just monitor how many people log on in a day as compared to before. I’m guessing they lost 50-70% daily logins and probably 20-30% people permanently.

Comment

MGM's logic is incomprehensible.

They certainly lack the social media knowledge to maintain "Stargate Command".

And yes, they "broke" that SGC community considering the lack of "free speech" by which I mean you no longer have the possibility to start your own discussions. You can only talk about what they want you to talk about unless you completely derail an existing discussion.

For users like myself, who have no access to all-access, the current incarnation of the app is even worse since more stuff has been blocked than on the older version.

I haven't been back since halfway June, since they changed to that newer version and, quite frankly, I'm not missing the place... not by a long shot. They can have their fake bubble.

Gateworld is my community home!

Comment

There is nothing to login for.... If I miss the app then I just re-read my own comments in this thread where I have written down why have I left them , so I can remind myself for the reasons :
                  https://www.stargatecommand.co/discu...be-made-public
                  Since nothing has changed there is no real value for return. I.... we can't support this digital amok run.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I still check in every so often to see if anything has changed, but nope. Nothing. The Asgard discussion is pretty much dead.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                      I still check in every so often to see if anything has changed, but nope. Nothing. The Asgard discussion is pretty much dead.
                      Sad really...

But much more sad is the fact they don't seem to get it. They don't listen, which I already knew. They are experts at ignoring the fans if it doesn't suit their agenda.

Comment

I'm not as down on the platform as you folk are, but yeah, I'm not bothering to check in after the loss of the message boards.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                          I'm not as down on the platform as you folk are, but yeah, I'm not bothering to check in after the loss of the message boards.
                          I simply can't fathom why they haven't brought that feature back yet...

Unless, it takes up too much time to moderate (even though they scarcely did that on the old boards), or too much server space but that would be peanuts in comparison to all their streaming content.

Or... by eliminating "free speech" (by which I mean no free posting) they know traffic will be limited and cheaper rate for hosting... ...nah, even I don't buy that one.

Here are some traffic statistics for stargatecommand.co for August 2019 (if anyone's interested).

And here's Gateworld.net.

Source: similarweb.com

Comment

Thanks for the link and the website, I have checked a few other pages. GW is still going strong.

Elite Anubis Guard : They have made clearly that our stargate fan life was not worth of saving, so why would I bother to be there then? There was no warning before they have acted withput asking the members.

Comment

They basically promoted a whole lot of "new and exciting" things and delivered on nothing...

Heard anything of that "tableread" at San Diego Comic Con lately?
                              Neither have I.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Heard anything of that "tableread" at San Diego Comic Con lately?
                                Neither have I.
                                For the record, this came up in a twitter mention, with stargate command tagged... and nothing... they are quite good at ignoring people, aren't they.

Comment

Working...
                                X