Prepare for Starburst: A Farscape Rewatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Its only naturally you would agree with me. I am always right. I should of known you would focus on John and Aeryn you crazy shipper I said as much about Aeryn myself. She has lost her whole cultural identity.

Its hard to argue that Farscape goes outside the box. I disagree with your assessment of calling this a creative solution. The Moya solution is cut the device from Moya ( I don't want to know what the Tokkar knife is used for) and use a sedative to ease her pain. Its not creative. As we have said before, Farscape is a slow out of the gate

I think its two folded. The like Earth is to reemphasized of how Crichton is homeless like the others. It also sets up the Aeryn and D'Argo in a tree scene. Which is hilarious by the way. At this point Aeryn considers D'Argo as a barbarian. Remember that snide comment she made about Luxans murdered innocent women and children. I found myself annoyed with John thinking others would understand his references

I often wonder why he doesn't get a weapon in these early episodes like we see later on. The kiss scene was strange. I didn't see the point in that at all.

That is why I have always loved Zhaan. She is by no means weak but at the same she always puts others above everyone else. All she cares about is how Moya is doing. Zhaan always puts others first. As for Rygel, I just think its how everyone is at odds of him because of his selfishness.

I don't want to know what that knife is used for. If S1 has a theme pre-Scorpy its the exploration of Moya.
    Don't forget the tension. You can feel how since its early how that don't trust each. Especially Aeryn because she was their enemy. You ever think in these early episodes that part of the reason people look down on John is because he looks like a Sebeccean?

I think it does a good job of characters and plot. The latter more after S1
    It's too late to quote every section like you did so you'll just have to figure out what I'm responding to about the creative solution. The creative solution was the bit about how to dampen the beacon. Yes they had to cut it out true, but it was transmitting. If they simply stayed where they were the Peacekeepers would've tracked them and found them, so they had to come up with a creative solution to stop the beacon from transmitting. I liked again that John came up with the water or the bog from the planet would act as a dampening field. That was once again using their wits to figure out ways to survive their situation. Hence I think it was a creative solution.And I think it was important that John figured that out and suggested it, as he is trying to build their trust right now and prove that he is a smart guy and scientist to more or less prove his worth to them. I think these early eps were critical to give John credibility with the other crew members
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I liked Rygel's whinning about mud
      He knows about mud.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Akk.......
        Seems like I have missed the first 2 eps, but I will endeavour to make that up this week (mothers day weekend has been a bit nuts for me with wife and sick mom) I will watch both tomorrow and comment on them then.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
          It's too late to quote every section like you did so you'll just have to figure out what I'm responding to about the creative solution. The creative solution was the bit about how to dampen the beacon. Yes they had to cut it out true, but it was transmitting. If they simply stayed where they were the Peacekeepers would've tracked them and found them, so they had to come up with a creative solution to stop the beacon from transmitting. I liked again that John came up with the water or the bog from the planet would act as a dampening field. That was once again using their wits to figure out ways to survive their situation. Hence I think it was a creative solution.And I think it was important that John figured that out and suggested it, as he is trying to build their trust right now and prove that he is a smart guy and scientist to more or less prove his worth to them. I think these early eps were critical to give John credibility with the other crew members
          Since I'm the one who planned out the logistics of this rewatch I have some dedication to trying to keep the conversations going. I try to comment on everyone's reviews to make the rewatch worthwhile. My post on Sunday morning comment on Premiere reviews took me an hour to post. Shame on you SQ for not being clear. I thought you were talking about the cholorium. I give you a little more credit on weakening the beacon, but is it still that creative? It makes sense if you can't destroy a distress signal then you weaken it
          Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Akk.......
          Seems like I have missed the first 2 eps, but I will endeavour to make that up this week (mothers day weekend has been a bit nuts for me with wife and sick mom) I will watch both tomorrow and comment on them then.
          The schedule is a rough estimate so someone doesn't get episodes and episodes ahead. We all have real lives. Some more than others *looks at SQ* I knew that we can't always watch on the Saturday and Sundays. One week of episodes fall on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. For me it will be hard to watch Farscape on those days. Especially Christmas Eve.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Since I'm the one who planned out the logistics of this rewatch I have some dedication to trying to keep the conversations going. I try to comment on everyone's reviews to make the rewatch worthwhile. My post on Sunday morning comment on Premiere reviews took me an hour to post. Shame on you SQ for not being clear. I thought you were talking about the cholorium. I give you a little more credit on weakening the beacon, but is it still that creative? It makes sense if you can't destroy a distress signal then you weaken it
            What are you saying here jel? That I'm not dedicated to the same level that you are to this rewatch? Still I think it is creative. Yes! I mean John at first mentions doing something to dampen it and they shot him down because the beacon was using Moya's entire hull as an amplifier. They (the crew) were almost annoyed at John for even trying to "brainstorm" if you will at thinking of something that may work as to them they saw no solution and were pretty much resigned to their fate. I think Zhaan even said....we have no choice but to sit here and wait to die basically...then John was like wait a moment....what if we do this? And then it got them thinking. This shows John's tenacity for never giving up and working hard to find a creative solution to a problem in order to increase their odds of survival. This reminds me also of that movie "The Martian" In which Matt Damon had to "Science the ****" out of his situation in order to survive. I loved that movie!

The schedule is a rough estimate so someone doesn't get episodes and episodes ahead. We all have real lives. Some more than others *looks at SQ* I knew that we can't always watch on the Saturday and Sundays. One week of episodes fall on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. For me it will be hard to watch Farscape on those days. Especially Christmas Eve.
            *glares back* ahem....

Comment

What are you saying here jel? That I'm not dedicated to the same level that you are to this rewatch?
              Yes
              Still I think it is creative. Yes! I mean John at first mentions doing something to dampen it and they shot him down because the beacon was using Moya's entire hull as an amplifier. They (the crew) were almost annoyed at John for even trying to "brainstorm" if you will at thinking of something that may work as to them they saw no solution and were pretty much resigned to their fate.
              I would say that is more indictive of how primitive they find Crichton at this point in the series. Like the D'Argo and Zhaan in the tree scene

I think Zhaan even said....we have no choice but to sit here and wait to die basically...then John was like wait a moment....what if we do this? And then it got them thinking. This shows John's tenacity for never giving up and working hard to find a creative solution to a problem in order to increase their odds of survival. This reminds me also of that movie "The Martian" In which Matt Damon had to "Science the ****" out of his situation in order to survive. I loved that movie!
              I don't disagree that describes John's personanility. He has that outsider perspective but I don't find landing in a bog creative. It was an intelligent idea but not creative. Creative is unorthodox. Landing in a bog was smart but not creative.
              *glares back* ahem....
              Well you are a teacher
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I say it's creative....landing in a bog is pretty unorthodox dude That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

Comment

Last week was successful. Lets hope the trend continue.

Exodus from Genesis
                  I remember recalling on S1 of how the writers like to alternate between planet and Moya episodes. I have always liked the Moya episodes more. For one Pilot and Rygel gets more to do in these type of episodes and it allows for more character interaction when they are all stuck on the ship. If I,ET had good character interactions with a bad story then this episode had both. What has always made Farscape fun to watch is how they turn classic science fiction ideas and do something totally different. Their is nothing original about this episode. Space bugs and cloning the protangnists are concepts decades older than Farscape.What makes it different is that the story didn't have us victorious over the alien savages. It was how we negotiated with the bugs to come to a peaceful solution. That brings me to the main point of the review. I didn't find the previous episode were centered on a single person. This episode is clearly a Crichton episode. I suppose its an episode that is needed after John has been stranded on the other side of the galaxy. This to me shows their is an easing of the contempt others have for Crichton. Remember the last episode where no one thinks highly of Crichton? That is the point. To show just because he is from a primitive world, Crichton does have value. I am reminded of John's scene with Zhaan (will talk more of that later)of how John has to prove his value through actions. That is how John's characterization is tied to the episode. He showed his worth to me by outwitting the Peacekeepers and finding a better way than killing the space bugs. What was up with the Peacekeepers and those weird eyebrows by the way? Besides that were just fodder enemies. After the main story we have the heat delirium. I know it has bigger impact down the line, but for this episodes it was nothing more than a plot device to make the excess heat of the bugs severe for the crew. If not for Aeryn, the heat would have been an annoyance. What makes this episode and show great are these little character scenes. They are not really relevant to the episode but they contribute later down the road when the show is more serialized. Scenes like where Pilot feels sorry for his former enemy or where despite D'Argo throwing Rygel ( Love his anger at D'Argo) he tries to honor his ancestors. Their are several more to name but I don't want to list them all. I think it helps paint a picture of how these characters interact. A final mention of the two John and Zhaan scenes. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love Zhaan. She is one of my favorite character. I loved how she could be violent but at the same time have the serene wisdom. I loved her scenes because at this point in the show, she is the only one not disgusted with John. The wisdom and empathy of her helping outsiders really spoke to me
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I watched both episodes today but you're only getting the first today, and the second tomorrow.

Exodus From Genesis

Even if it looks gross I wouldn't mind a bug in my mouth cleaning my teeth -- and minty is fine. I like minty.

Bugs on a spaceship, and then to create friction we bring in the enemy as an added bonus. I'd totally forgotten about the heat bothering the PK's.

I loved all the little character moments. Rygel, again, saving the day.
                    D'Argo and Crighton, Aeryn and Crighton, Zhaan and Crighton (time and space).

Rygel and his painting.

Also, notice how Anthony Simcoe is not always wearing his green contacts. One episode he is, the next he's not.

Something that also rarely happens in the show is the use of the computer animated Rygel which they use when he walks into the nest. It's a bad character CG though - the detail of Rygel's appearance is entirely lost in the animated version. It's a cheap copy.

Comment

Exodus From Genesis
                      Well I really don't have much more to say WOW I didn't notice the green contacts as FH had mentioned. Nor did I notice the lack of detail from the CG Rygel so kudos to FH to have the eagle eye.

And Jel I loved your take on the bits about John and how the crew came to appreciate John as the whole episode was about respecting even the Lesser Life forms. That yes even lowly humans have worth.

And also as jel pointed out again what makes Farscape great are the creative solutions. They found a way to "defeat" the intruders in a most symbiotic way. This has always been why I love this show. Because anyone can shoot their way through a solution (You gotta love D'argo and his constant stance for battle readiness ) But I find it so refreshing that with this show and especially Crichton along with Peace loving Zhaan that they usually always manage to find a solution with the least amount of resistance necessary. While this could get annoying if they never used violence, I just love how they find creative ways to escape their situations with as little fight and blood shed as possible.

I want to give my few beefs about the episode though:

Zhaan the Hyper Artist: I do love that Zhaan has this ability to perform tasks at break neck speeds, what I have issue with from one artist to another is that while she is completing the painting for Rygel she is shown only painting on the canvas, there was no "animation or actions" showing her going back to her palette of paints getting more paint. That was really a glaring omission to me. How could you possible paint a picture without dipping your brush into more paint and or mixing colors, etc. So BAH the authenticity of that bugged me.

The other thing that sort of "bugged" me literally is the size of these creatures and how once the Genesis was complete how did all these larger bugs and clones and that what appeared to be a very huge mother like species in the nest room get off the ship? I mean they showed the swarm leaving the ship and that's fine but how did they clear out all the big bug elements from the ship? That would've been a massive undertaking. They did show the DRD cleaning up the blue goo, but there was a lot of that stuff. So that left some doubt in my mind at the end.

Finally the one last bit of science that didn't quite sit with me was how did the cloning occur right down to a perfect replica of the clothing? How was there any DNA for clothing? I didn't really dwell on this bit as many shows have presented cloning in this way. So meh.....I just rolled with it, cuz let's face it. At the end of the day how was it gonna work out to have the cloned crew walking around naked.

But Here is what I loved about the show:

Crichton Doesn't Always Save the Day

I loved that this one went to Rygel! I think it could've been easy (as in the day of the Star Trek TOS) where it was always the same protagonist every week stepping up and being the hero. I loved that Rygel rose to the occasion and he found pride in doing so. So finally we get to see this soft side of Rygel and they found a way to soft sell Rygel by using the whole What would Rygel the First approach be?

Along this line of thinking I loved how Zhaan and John had that convo about John's insecurities at this point. Again showing that John is a flawed character in that the rules of this world is always changing and John realizes from the start that he is at a disadvantage to everyone else because "At least they know where they are and how stuff works". I love that John recognizes his "fish out of water-ness". Unlike the Mary Sue like characters we get with Star Wars where the protagonist just somehow rises to the occasion and out performs no matter what is thrown at them.

Also, Johns idea didn't pan out. His idea to mark them with the red mark (I had to laugh at D'argo's idea though LOL) was interesting. It was a small thing but I loved that John was wrong here. Again so many times when one of main characters come up with an idea it just always seems to work. This however didn't play out for them in quite the same way. It also served to keep the suspense of identification in play.

John made decisions with his head and not his heart

The fact that John cranked up the heat putting Aeryn at risk really spoke to me in just how early John is in his relationship with Aeryn at this point. After seeing the entire series (and I don't want to spoil too much here) I really don't think the John in season 3 wouldn't made this same decision. It was even surprising to me that at this point D'Argo even makes mention of it like wow dude you put Aeryn at risk. Well don't get use to it D....
                      But in by doing that...it caused the PK's to become weakened and well let me just say I do love the whole Heat Delirium concept. I think that again just really ramped up the terror they were experiencing and it allowed us as the audience to see Aeryn's weakness too. And the big bad Peace keepers how in all this ...this could be potentially their Achilles heel.

Zhaan and Rygel's dual roles as Ambassadors
                      I loved how Zhaan's character was used to allow the entity to communicate with the crew and wow that sort of freaked me out when we first encountered Zhaan's clone and the whole vomiting of the blue goo. THat was akin to the Alien movie and it was a complete shock and unexpected and I loved that!

You gotta love how Rygel rose up and despite his selfishness and constant complaining at the end of the day he went in and communed and helped to communicate their intent as well. Such a selfless act for him and it gave him lots of great points because let's face it Rygel could've fast become rather annoying with this constant complaining but this just made him such a likeable character and valuable part of the crew. Place that against the way in which D'argo more or less threw him into the wall in the first place. You had to laugh as he and John did at Rygel's response. LOL

It the end of the day I think this episode was about showing the weaknesses and strengths of these characters. Another really strong character ep and about team work and using creativity and out of the box thinking to get them out of their jam. Taking risks despite the odds and coming together to defeat the "enemy" without violence and actually turning the tables and seeing it not as an enemy at all but rather another life form just trying to complete it's cycle. Compassion and appreciation for even the smallest of life forms was I think the overall theme of the ep. Horton Hears a Who anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I watched both episodes today but you're only getting the first today, and the second tomorrow.
                        Spoilsport
                        Exodus From Genesis

Even if it looks gross I wouldn't mind a bug in my mouth cleaning my teeth -- and minty is fine. I like minty.
                        I think you could make an argument that's its weird to us because its foreign. Even the most open-minded people can get gross out on things that are different than us. Look how most people reacts on the Asian communities that eat cats and dogs.
                        Bugs on a spaceship, and then to create friction we bring in the enemy as an added bonus. I'd totally forgotten about the heat bothering the PK's.
                        If it was only this episode I would probably forget too. I remember because its a major part of Scorpious.

I loved all the little character moments. Rygel, again, saving the day.
                        D'Argo and Crighton, Aeryn and Crighton, Zhaan and Crighton (time and space).
                        Its time and patience. I love the part at the end where Bug Zhaan is clearly smitten with Rygel. Its just hilarious because the real Zhaan would never see him that way.
                        Rygel and his painting.
                        I like the impact it plays on Rygel getting over his cowardice.
                        Also, notice how Anthony Simcoe is not always wearing his green contacts. One episode he is, the next he's not.
                        I did not but I don't normally pay attention to those things
                        Something that also rarely happens in the show is the use of the computer animated Rygel which they use when he walks into the nest. It's a bad character CG though - the detail of Rygel's appearance is entirely lost in the animated version. It's a cheap copy.
                        [/QUOTE]
                        What got me was how terrible his walking was. I wonder if the bad CGI was why they rarely used it. This is 1999. CGI was fairly new

Exodus From Genesis
                        Well I really don't have much more to say WOW I didn't notice the green contacts as FH had mentioned. Nor did I notice the lack of detail from the CG Rygel so kudos to FH to have the eagle eye.
                        I'm 1 for 2 on FH's observations. I'm not surprised to be honest. This is the person who watched Atlantis 6 times in a row to measure screen time.
                        And Jel I loved your take on the bits about John and how the crew came to appreciate John as the whole episode was about respecting even the Lesser Life forms. That yes even lowly humans have worth.
                        I think its a gradual process to be honest. Some like Zhaan open up to John at first but others take the whole season to truly appreciate him. I think the episode is more about not believing everything you see. We all saw the bugs as enemies but they had no hostile intention. The bugs were just responding to that basic need all lifeforms feel.
                        And also as jel pointed out again what makes Farscape great are the creative solutions. They found a way to "defeat" the intruders in a most symbiotic way. This has always been why I love this show. Because anyone can shoot their way through a solution (You gotta love D'argo and his constant stance for battle readiness ) But I find it so refreshing that with this show and especially Crichton along with Peace loving Zhaan that they usually always manage to find a solution with the least amount of resistance necessary. While this could get annoying if they never used violence, I just love how they find creative ways to escape their situations with as little fight and blood shed as possible.
                        I loved D'Argo's line about cutting off the finger so we know who is real and who is an imposter. The characters use violence plenty of times. They however have to pick their battles as its not like they have the best weapons
                        I want to give my few beefs about the episode though:

Zhaan the Hyper Artist: I do love that Zhaan has this ability to perform tasks at break neck speeds, what I have issue with from one artist to another is that while she is completing the painting for Rygel she is shown only painting on the canvas, there was no "animation or actions" showing her going back to her palette of paints getting more paint. That was really a glaring omission to me. How could you possible paint a picture without dipping your brush into more paint and or mixing colors, etc. So BAH the authenticity of that bugged me.
                        Maybe she was too fast for you to see. Honestly that is such a small aspect of the episode I didn't care
                        The other thing that sort of "bugged" me literally is the size of these creatures and how once the Genesis was complete how did all these larger bugs and clones and that what appeared to be a very huge mother like species in the nest room get off the ship? I mean they showed the swarm leaving the ship and that's fine but how did they clear out all the big bug elements from the ship? That would've been a massive undertaking. They did show the DRD cleaning up the blue goo, but there was a lot of that stuff. So that left some doubt in my mind at the end.
                        Look how small the bugs where at the beginning of the episode and then they appear bigger as the episode goes on. If we can accept the infestation then the removal is not that hard to believe. I admit it is hard to believe the bugs got on the ship though if you want to be really critical
                        Finally the one last bit of science that didn't quite sit with me was how did the cloning occur right down to a perfect replica of the clothing? How was there any DNA for clothing? I didn't really dwell on this bit as many shows have presented cloning in this way. So meh.....I just rolled with it, cuz let's face it. At the end of the day how was it gonna work out to have the cloned crew walking around naked.
                        If bug John can add that orange mark to his DNA then it is not hard to believe the bugs can add layers on top of their skin. Neither one of these is related to DNA
                        But Here is what I loved about the show:

Crichton Doesn't Always Save the Day

I loved that this one went to Rygel! I think it could've been easy (as in the day of the Star Trek TOS) where it was always the same protagonist every week stepping up and being the hero. I loved that Rygel rose to the occasion and he found pride in doing so. So finally we get to see this soft side of Rygel and they found a way to soft sell Rygel by using the whole What would Rygel the First approach be?
                        But John did save the day. It was his idea that saved us with the bugs and the Peacekeepers. That is not to dismiss what Rygel did in negotiating with the bugs but it was not Rygel's idea to talk with him. He only did it with Zhaan's pressuring
                        Along this line of thinking I loved how Zhaan and John had that convo about John's insecurities at this point. Again showing that John is a flawed character in that the rules of this world is always changing and John realizes from the start that he is at a disadvantage to everyone else because "At least they know where they are and how stuff works". I love that John recognizes his "fish out of water-ness". Unlike the Mary Sue like characters we get with Star Wars where the protagonist just somehow rises to the occasion and out performs no matter what is thrown at them.
                        You really don't like Star Wars? I love it for the opposite reason. It would be idiotic to not bring up John's foreigness to this world. I liked the scenes to show us more of what kind of person Zhaan is. Some of these characters don't get a lot of episodes devoted themselves so these scenes mean a lot.
                        Also, Johns idea didn't pan out. His idea to mark them with the red mark (I had to laugh at D'argo's idea though LOL) was interesting. It was a small thing but I loved that John was wrong here. Again so many times when one of main characters come up with an idea it just always seems to work. This however didn't play out for them in quite the same way. It also served to keep the suspense of identification in play.
                        That happens a lot from what I remember of Farscape. Also he is a lesser human

John made decisions with his head and not his heart

The fact that John cranked up the heat putting Aeryn at risk really spoke to me in just how early John is in his relationship with Aeryn at this point. After seeing the entire series (and I don't want to spoil too much here) I really don't think the John in season 3 wouldn't made this same decision. It was even surprising to me that at this point D'Argo even makes mention of it like wow dude you put Aeryn at risk. Well don't get use to it D....
                        But in by doing that...it caused the PK's to become weakened and well let me just say I do love the whole Heat Delirium concept. I think that again just really ramped up the terror they were experiencing and it allowed us as the audience to see Aeryn's weakness too. And the big bad Peace keepers how in all this ...this could be potentially their Achilles heel.
                        We cam debate the ship later Their is a reason why its usually frowned to have loved one work with you in high stress jobs. You can't be impartial. In dire consquences like the Peacekeeper squad sometimes you have to risk lives to save the others. How wrong would be that everyone died just because you didn't want to lose one person. Speaking of D'Argo, you can see his caring for Aeryn as a friend is replacing his hate of Peacekeepers. Lets not forget a few weeks ago they were enemies. I mentioned as much that the heat delirium was to make the bugs threatening. Without the heat issue with Aeryn the bugs don't really threaten our survival.
                        Zhaan and Rygel's dual roles as Ambassadors
                        I loved how Zhaan's character was used to allow the entity to communicate with the crew and wow that sort of freaked me out when bwe first encountered Zhaan's clone and the whole vomiting of the blue goo. THat was akin to the Alien movie and it was a complete shock and unexpected and I loved that!
                        You ever notice how Farscape writers love their vomit? Since Zhaan is the first alien bug we encounter, I just assumed it was to give us shock value. Never got an Alien vibe but I dislike that franchise. I don't care for the horror genre.
                        You gotta love how Rygel rose up and despite his selfishness and constant complaining at the end of the day he went in and communed and helped to communicate their intent as well. Such a selfless act for him and it gave him lots of great points because let's face it Rygel could've fast become rather annoying with this constant complaining but this just made him such a likeable character and valuable part of the crew. Place that against the way in which D'argo more or less threw him into the wall in the first place. You had to laugh as he and John did at Rygel's response. LOL
                        Could of become annoying? Rygel is annoying with his constant complaining. I wouldn't cause it selfless. He was selfish until he realized it was the only way out. I loved his reaction when John and D'Argo threw him into the maintence shaft
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

It the end of the day I think this episode was about showing the weaknesses and strengths of these characters. Another really strong character ep and about team work and using creativity and out of the box thinking to get them out of their jam. Taking risks despite the odds and coming together to defeat the "enemy" without violence and actually turning the tables and seeing it not as an enemy at all but rather another life form just trying to complete it's cycle. Compassion and appreciation for even the smallest of life forms was I think the overall theme of the ep. Horton Hears a Who anyone?
                          You think everything out of the box I don't call this creative either. Negotiating instead of violence is pretty common. I like the solution just don't agree with the word creative. I will agree with compassion part
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

You think everything out of the box I don't call this creative either. Negotiating instead of violence is pretty common. I like the solution just don't agree with the word creative. I will agree with compassion part
                            you are just hung up on the word creative cuz it's too closely related to art.

Comment

Look how most people reacts on the Asian communities that eat cats and dogs.
                              Doesn't John make a note about that - how some people keep animals as pets and others eat them. To Zhaan.

Its time and patience.
                              I guess, that's what happens when you're a Doctor Who fan - you get them confused.

What got me was how terrible his walking was. I wonder if the bad CGI was why they rarely used it. This is 1999. CGI was fairly new
                              If you look at any of the other CG I'm surprised Rygel comes out this flawed. Although, there's a difference between backdrops I guess and character animation. The latter much harder and more difficult to accomplish, even this day and each.

I'm 1 for 2 on FH's observations. I'm not surprised to be honest. This is the person who watched Atlantis 6 times in a row to measure screen time.
                              Those were the days.

Comment

@Jel...I didn't notice you had responded to my other stuff... I thought it was all FH's responses. Just wanted to point out that I do like Star Wars actually. I can't call myself a true Sci Fi Geek and not like Star Wars. BUT... I don't like the writing and character development alot of times. I think they cheat and take the easy way out. Of course in a movie of only 2 hours duration you have to speed up character development to a point unlike when you have a TV series you can give nice character arcs that take longer and they can go through a much harrowing journey. In a way that makes Television series' way more compelling when it comes to great characters IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X