Deadpool - Discussion and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Agreed and it wouldn't be the first time that an actor has pulled double DC/Marvel duty. Halle Berry was Storm and Catwoman, while James Marsden
    was Cyclops and Richard White (Lois Lane's fiancé in Superman Returns). Also there wouldn't be any scheduling conflicts, since their at different stages of development. GL is ready to film in Jan 2010, while Deadpool doesnt even have a script yet.
    This makes me feel a little better. I sure hope he can still play Deadpool.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Ryan Reynolds Isn't Fazed By Playing Hal Jordan And Deadpool

Ryan Reynolds is not the first actor to portray characters from two different comic universes(Halle Berry, James Marsden, Mickey Rourke) but hes certainly portraying two of the most prolific! And appearing in both movies with such a small space of time between them is definitely a first.

But Starring in two competing films in 2011 doesn't seem to faze Reynolds, however, especially because the properties come from opposites sides of comics' Big Two publishers.

"There's no rule that says you can't play two different characters in two different comic-book universes," Reynolds told Entertainment Weekly. Deadpool co-creator Rob Liefeld pointed out Reynolds' comment on his Twitter site.

Depending on the shooting schedules of "Deadpool" and "Green Lantern", we may well see Reynolds doing publicity for both at the same time! And not only that..these may not be the last comic characters he plays either, judging by his keen interest..

"There are so many interesting comic book characters out there," Reynolds said. "I would love to do others."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...s/news/?a=8669

Comment

im so glad to hear him come out and finally say he wil be in both and that it doesnt bother him to play 2 high profile comic characters.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
          im so glad to hear him come out and finally say he wil be in both and that it doesnt bother him to play 2 high profile comic characters.
          Same here. I really hope this all works out well.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Ryan Reynolds Gets Interviewed

Check out what Ryan Reynolds has to say about his involvement in Wolverine, the stand alone Deadpool film, and also his thoughts of being typecast.

continues:
            http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=9408

Comment

Deadpool a Reboot?

IGN caught up with producer Lauren Shuler Donner yesterday at a promotional event for the upcoming Blu-ray release of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and -- of course -- we had to pick her brain about the proposed spin-off film based on the character of Deadpool.

Donner was playing her cards pretty close to the vest, but she did let loose with one tidbit: Deadpool will likely be a reboot of the character from his appearance in Wolverine.

"We'd kind of reboot it and make it the Deadpool that's in the comics," the producer told us, while adding that Wolverine costar Ryan Reynolds is still set to reprise the role despite his involvement with Warner Bros./DC's Green Lantern film.

"Yes, he would [return for it]," she said. "I'd like to see Deadpool, so we'll see where we are moving forward on that. I'm hoping to make a movie out of Deadpool."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/102/1023736p1.html

Comment

Marvel Movies of the Future!

Deadpool
                Release Date: 2011
                Development Status: It's not quite on the fast track, but it's getting there. Ryan Reynolds will sport Hal Jordan's ring before he will reprise his role as the Merc with the Mouth in this X-Men Origins: Wolverine spin-off. Recently, long-time X-Men producer Lauren Shuler-Donner revealed that the character's depiction in Wolverine will get – all together now – the reboot treatment, seeing as how the last time we saw Deadpool his head was spiraling away from his body in free fall, while firing Cyclops' optic blasts.

We already wiped the Deadpool-as-Weapon-11 bitter taste from our fanboy pallets, and we're glad to see Fox getting on the ball. The long-time studio home to Xavier's mutants will also release Deadpool's first solo mission. Outside of Reynolds and Donner, no other names have been officially reported to write or direct the story. So what is the story shaping up to be? Reynolds revealed that Cable is most likely not in the first movie, but we may see Ajax and Black Tom appear as villains. Also, expect that mouth of his to get a serious workout, with the character breaking the fourth wall on occasion.

Reynolds recently assured fans that he is mulling over story ideas with writers (but which ones?) and will serve as "authentication police" over the character's treatment – and yes, we will learn how he got those scars.
                http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=10199

Comment

Rob Liefield's Deadpool Movie Tweets

The co-creator of Deadpool has Twittered lots of lovely things about the upcoming movie, as well as hinting at a possible Cable appearance at some point...

Liefeld's tweets:

"Great Deadpool movie meeting! Lauren Schuler Donner and her team are headed in the right direction!"

"Deadpool movie checklist- DP in costume-check! Breaking 4th wall-check! Loads of killing-double check!"

"Deadpool movie- YES! Ryan Reynolds is on board!!!"
                  And then the most interesting one:

"Also excited to discuss possibilities of Cable in future X-films!!!"
                  http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/p.../news/?a=10297

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    How Should A Deadpool Movie Go?

We all know ones coming..but we dont know when or what story it will follow. Heres a few ideas.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e/news/?a=7354
                    Heres the truth.
                    I didn't like Deadpool untill Ryan Reynolds hit the role...
                    What he did with those blades was fantastic. And he comic genius too.

Comment

X-Men Movie Franchise Updates

Empire interviewed X-Producer Lauren Shuler Donner and got some detailed news on what's in store for the coming X-Men franchise...

On Deadpool

"I want to ignore the version of Deadpool that we saw in Wolverine and just start over again. Reboot it. Because this guy talks, obviously, and to muzzle him would be insane.

I don't see it as a problem that Ryan [Reynolds] is also playing Green Lantern. I mean, look at Harrison Ford - he was in Stars Wars and Indiana Jones at the same time and everyone was fine with that. Green Lantern could not be more different to Wade Wilson. Green Lantern is a guy who finds a ring and is thrust into this world, much like Spider-Man. Wade Wilson is a guy who unfortunately gets cancer, and volunteers for a test that will give him healing powers. He is a bad ass, a wise-cracking mercenary, who will go out and kill anyone for money. But the thing about him is that, underneath it all, and he wouldn't want you to know this, sometimes he's not such a bad ass after all. Sometimes he does the right thing.

It's going to be a dark, snarky, very funny movie. It's the hardest story to tell, I think. There's no clear cut villain - though you do have great baddies from the comic-books like Black Tom, Slayback, Blind Al and the Weasel. Blind Al is this blind woman in his house, who he abuses and mocks… it's terrible. But you find out that she was a convict who did something terrible and he saved her from execution. So he lets her live in his house and she looks after him, but they both torture each other. Anyway, there are good stories and we're figuring out which ones to incorporate.

We're right in the thick of talking to writers right now, and hopefully by November we'll have decided who's going to do it. We need someone really imaginative because we want to do some really innovative, ambitious stuff. Ryan's mentioned this in an interview already but there are parts where he's going to break the fourth wall and talk directly to the audience in the cinema. We have to work out how to do that. I don't know that Fox will agree with all our decisions, but we'll see!"
                      http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men_.../news/?a=11017

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
                        After what these people did to him in Wolverine... i think i might have to pass.
                        You seriously think that a Deadpool movie would be a continuation of Wolverine?
                        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                        Caboose: They could be worse?
                        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
                          You seriously think that a Deadpool movie would be a continuation of Wolverine?
                          It will be its own story.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            It will be its own story.
                            /curses writing ability and it's inability to convey inflection through text/

I was being facetious. Originally I was going to preface my post with 'What are you, dense?...' but then I remembered just how quickly I'd get modded for it.
                            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                            Caboose: They could be worse?
                            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Ryan Reynolds Speaks!

Actor Ryan Reynolds, the man that fans everywhere are considering the current torch-bearer for the the future of comic book movies, finally opens up about starring as two iconic characters from competing comic book companies: DC Comics' Hal Jordan/Green Lantern and Marvel Comics' Wade Wilson/Deadpool!

Reynolds told MTV that 2009 has been one of "the most unbelievable" years of his life:

"Starting with setting some goals that I didn't think would be possible several years before, running a marathon, getting married -- the year has been incredible, all across the board. The fact that Green Lantern is something that's about to get going full-steam pretty soon, and then there is Deadpool on the horizon as well. If you asked me if this would be happening three years ago, I would have kick-f---ed you back to where you were from."

continues:
                              http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=12190

Comment

I really look forward to him in both of these roles. This could end up being so great.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X