This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    hey if it were up to me the whole world would get to vote on the US president
    Under what possible legal theory would that make sense?

Comment

No, we have no right to meddle in their elections, no matter how much they may affect us.
      How we view them however, that's an entirely different ballgame.
      I have no respect for the US as a nation right now, it might as well be Iran or North Korea because it has adopted the tactics of being a bully and a child.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Under what possible legal theory does your defence of trump make sense?
        "the Senate won't impeach because it's rigged"?
        Even if the senate votes in favour, the court will ignore it?
        How dare you speak of the law when every post you make denies it's validity.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Under what possible legal theory does your defence of trump make sense?
          "the Senate won't impeach because it's rigged"?
          Even if the senate votes in favour, the court will ignore it?
          How dare you speak of the law when every post you make denies it's validity.
          The Senate won't convict because there is nothing there, whether you want to admit it or not.

And, if the Senate did vote to convict, the courts won't have anything to say about it. Trump would be out.

Comment

The Senate won't convict because
            they're owned by Trump & Koch
            there u go

Comment

none

just like it'd be great if the rest of the world could create a bubble around the US so that only mericans would suffocate under their pollution - great concept & a legit move that would make sense morally but wouldn't make sense scientifically cause it's unfeasible (one can always hope though)

Comment

The Senate won't convict because there is nothing there, whether you want to admit it or not.

And, if the Senate did vote to convict, the courts won't have anything to say about it. Trump would be out.
                Mark this day people. Annoyed made a joke.

I half expect Trump to refuse to leave when his presidency is over
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh no, sorry you have been shouting it for years.
                  The senate will not convict because they are republican, it's DOA in in the senate.
                  This has nothing to do with laws, it's got everything to do with you having no spine.
                  Mitch Mcturtle will bury this, just like he has with the some 250 bills before the senate brought forward by the "do nothing" democrats. He even called himself the "grim reaper" of democratic bills.
                  If you ask me, he is worse than trump, he's competent.
                  WRONG.
                  the SCOTUS sits as judge of an impeachment hearing, the senate acts as the jury.
                  But you don't want that anyway, so why bother trying to explain this to you?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

He has no choice now.
                    Stripped of presidential power, he is going to prison, and we all know how much he hates orange.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

only half? '_'

there's several ways he could remain in power

- just have the election fixed rusky-style; he's in power & has no reason not to do it

- claim the election was somehow rigged against him by those not in power (the opposition). funny thing is he's alluded to this several times & the Dems were never smart enough to call him out on this hypocrisy

- declare martial law & postpone the election sine die (a terrorist attack in the US would be providential)

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        Stripped of presidential power, he is going to prison
                        no he's a billionaire (unlike Epstein)

besides he'd probably get a 4 star prison or something

I'd rather him to be stripped of his fortune down to the last cent (redistributed to something he never gave money to: charity) then end up having to sweep the streets till he drops
                        waaay better punishment for him

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          no he's a billionaire (unlike Epstein)

besides he'd probably get a 4 star prison or something

I'd rather him to be stripped of his fortune down to the last cent (redistributed to something he never gave money to: charity) then end up having to sweep the streets till he drops
                          waaay better punishment for him
                          I agree with your sentence, but it's not legally possible. (well there are some ways to do it, just not in this case)
                          Get him out and have stormy make him blow her?
                          Probably a better outcome. (probably not for her)

But we are talking about the law, and in this case, I'm not sure that is possible.
                          sigpic

Comment

what's his net worth - $4B or something?

there's gotta be a way to slap a fine on him. or maybe damages to various victims. for a total of...dunno, $4B?

I've heard that in the US judges have a lot of discretion when they fix the amount for a fine or compensation

Comment

You folks sound like little kids discussing what Santa Claus is going to bring you this year.

Soul, you need to learn to put your hands in your own pockets.

And only involvement the courts have in a Senate impeachment trial is the chief justice, in this case John Roberts presides over the trial, running it by rules set by the Senate Republicans, in this case. SCOTUS as a whole doesn't get involved.

Comment

You folks sound like little kids discussing what Santa Claus is going to bring you this year.
                                you sound like you haven't been paying attention

those were just hypothetical scenarios
                                I been saying all along I don't expect much out of all this since those in power can just "fix" it (at this point the US(SR) is barely more democratic than Russia)

Soul, you need to learn to put your hands in your own pockets.
                                meanwhile Trump & the elites have their hands in your pockets

Comment

Working...
                                X