Alphas (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Given SyFy's recent finances I highly doubt your predicition will come to pass

May be the channel will still be around, but it will have zero science fiction shows on the channel in 5 years time. Certainly if they are willing to cancel shows with Alphas ratings.

Plus why even authorise a new show if you know it not going to be profitable at between 1.5 and 2.5 million audience and a 0.5, which seems pretty standard for drama shows on syfy channel. An Alphas look positively cheap compare to Defiance.
    Last edited by knowles2; 20 January 2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

But Defiance is gathering a lot of buzz outside of SyFy, I believe. So it may draw more viewers. Alphas never really got much buzz. That may be a contributing factor to audience.

We'll just have to see. I will definitely watch Defiance but I will try not to like it too much just in case...
      sigpic

Comment

sgu had lots of buzz to but still got only 2 seasons and axed after first season
        thing is that with in last 10 years or so SYFY channel ratings for all good shows have being under 2 million as average

all new shows get more viewers at first but after few episodes it will drop and if SYFY dont let shows to advance then people can see that the channel is pointless

SYFY wants a tv show that get's 5miljon viewers per episode but it will never see these numbers in scifi genre and mostly cause of there reputation of axing shows after first or second season
        sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

I'm pretty mad now that Syfy cancelled Alphas. The only shows that are keeping me too the channel is Continuum and Defiance (when it comes out). I won't even know if I'll like Defiance, but I'm willing to give it a try at least.

By the way, do they still do wrestling on the channel?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post

By the way, do they still do wrestling on the channel?
            What do you think?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              What do you think?
              I'm assuming it's a yes.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh, god. They really did that. They really cancelled Alphas? I don't care about Defiance and there's nothing else to see on Syfy now.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Zelix, don't write out Defiance just yet. It may turn out to be a smash hit.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm willing to give Defiance a try, and I'm not even sure I'll like like it. You have to at least be willing to give it a try.
                    sigpic

Comment

This is what people would call. The Summer Glau Curse. Hawaii Five 0 is probably next

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                        This is what people would call. The Summer Glau Curse. Hawaii Five 0 is probably next
                        God I thought the same thing when she made her second appearance on the show. I had noticed this a couple years ago and found out other people have thought of the same thing...Everything she has had a recurring or starring role in has ended long before its time...
                        sigpic

Comment

More TV shows fail then succeed. The Glau curse is about as credible as the Seinfeld curse
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm not saying it's an actual curse. Just something that I (and others) have noticed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Alphas is cancelled ?
                              Really, I thought there was gonna be a season 3...

Comment

My kids are going to be annoyed. I thought season 2 just didn't feel right. Maybe it was too much change. Though I wouldn't want it canceled.
                                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
                                X