Alphas (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
    This is what people would call. The Summer Glau Curse. Hawaii Five 0 is probably next
    Summer Glau just happens to be in a lot of sci-fi. Consider how much sci-fi does it canceled, I don't blame anything on her at all.

Hawaii Five 0 is doing awesome. My husband calls it James Bond lite. They have many guest stars. None of them can sink that awesome show.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
      Summer Glau just happens to be in a lot of sci-fi. Consider how much sci-fi does it canceled, I don't blame anything on her at all.

Hawaii Five 0 is doing awesome. My husband calls it James Bond lite. They have many guest stars. None of them can sink that awesome show.
      You may be in for a rude awakening next Spring
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I just started watching this show on Netflix. I found out it was cancelled after I saw the first episode... I'm a few episodes in now, and I really like it! Why, Syfy, why? ...

Ah, well. At least I know going into it that there are only two seasons.
        Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

I know... it was a great series. You're gonna go Ah!!! at the end of S2.. warning you now hun.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
            I know... it was a great series. You're gonna go Ah!!! at the end of S2.. warning you now hun.
            Yeah, I heard it ended on a cliffhanger. Hate that! >.< I still have to wait for the DVDs to come out so Netflix can stream it.
            Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
              Yeah, I heard it ended on a cliffhanger. Hate that! >.< I still have to wait for the DVDs to come out so Netflix can stream it.

Well I hope you enjoy it. It was great while it lasted. Syfy has some eps on, but their site stinks. I watch Face Off and it takes like a month before the new ep comes on.

Comment

Finished up Alphas yesterday. It was kinda silly, but I enjoyed watching it while concurrently working on other things. Alphas is what I think of as 'lite' television: an undemanding story that I can follow while paying only partial attention to it. Alphas fits that bill.

Alphas also requires a big, whopping suspension of disbelief to enjoy it, but hey, so do many other shows. I enjoyed Fringe, and that show required me to set aside nearly everything I know about real-world nature & science.

Originally posted by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                Yeah, I heard it ended on a cliffhanger. Hate that! >.
                True, but it's not a gut-wrenching cliffhanger IMO. The climax is what the viewer was led to believe it would be. I felt no sense of "OMG, I have to know what happens next!" The final scene did raise a brand new question about one of the main characters: an unfortunate decision from the showrunners, considering the series was canceled.

Comment

Personally, I had been hoping that maybe this series would be a good replacement for the short-lived 4400 (4 short but good seasons) and Heroes (1 good season, 1 pretty good seasons, 1 meh season, and 1 horrible season).

Alas, this series only got two seasons. Tis a shame, I thought it was getting fairly interesting. And that cliffhanger...One of the most frustrating cliffhangers of all time for me, because there is pretty much no way to interpret it other than the obvious...
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, I came in here to ask when the third season was going to begin...and I saw all of the posts about the series cancellation.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      Well, I came in here to ask when the third season was going to begin...and I saw all of the posts about the series cancellation.
                      Sorry you didn't find out until now.

It's a shame cause season 2 was quite good, I felt.
                      sigpic

Comment

I was looking for an appropriate thread to ask this question and I guess this is as close as it's going to get. I watched the first couple of episodes of Alphas back when it premiered. It didn't exactly reel me in. A few days ago, I was given the dvd's for both series. They are sitting on my desk as I write this. Tell me, if I hang with it, or start over and watch from the beginning, am I going to be happy I did, or is it a show that is memorable only to its most ardent fans?

I like all types of sci-fi. I like character driven dramas. I don't have to absolutely love something to watch it, but I like to be entertained. I've heard, after skimming the threads here that the second series is really good. Should I pass these dvd's on or will I kick myself for not taking the time to check them out? Thanks in advance, I huess I'm looking for a little nudge...

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                          I was looking for an appropriate thread to ask this question and I guess this is as close as it's going to get. I watched the first couple of episodes of Alphas back when it premiered. It didn't exactly reel me in. A few days ago, I was given the dvd's for both series. They are sitting on my desk as I write this. Tell me, if I hang with it, or start over and watch from the beginning, am I going to be happy I did, or is it a show that is memorable only to its most ardent fans?

I like all types of sci-fi. I like character driven dramas. I don't have to absolutely love something to watch it, but I like to be entertained. I've heard, after skimming the threads here that the second series is really good. Should I pass these dvd's on or will I kick myself for not taking the time to check them out? Thanks in advance, I huess I'm looking for a little nudge...
                          I found season two to be quite excellent.

Besides, you were given them (I am assuming as a gift), so you don't really have much to lose.
                          sigpic

Comment

Season 2 is up on Netflix Instant Watch now, so I'll finally get a chance to see it.

Comment

WOW no season 3 Now WTF??? What is Syfy thinking??
                              Originally posted by jelgate
                              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                                WOW no season 3 Now WTF??? What is Syfy thinking??
                                No reason to make a product that isn't making money
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X