This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Darren!

I love this idea soooo much!! It accomplishes so many things: (1) Gives fans an organized opportunity to watch the shows we love all over again "together"; (2) Introduces new folks to this great series; and (3) Gives GateWorld a boost too! ;-) (I think I had other points in mind while I was reading through the thread, but now I've forgotten. Oh well.)

This idea reminds me of how I came to know about Stargate in the first place. When the show first made the move to the "Sci-Fi" channel, they did a similar thing of "Watch it from the beginning" to catch up to where the new episodes were at the time. We first watched because we saw RDA was in it, but kept watching because it was a great show! Then, somehow, I started looking around the 'net for more info on the show and discovered GateWorld, and the Forum, and met great people who became online friends, and then even had the privilege of meeting many of those friends in person! It probably sounds corny, but I've never experienced anything like that with ANY other show I've followed in the past, so Stargate will always be special to me in that way.

Well, this is far too long - sorry - I tend to be a sentimental sort and this whole idea of bringing the SG fanbase "together again" just brings out the mushiness in me. *blush* So, welcome to the new folks, and I look forward to hanging out in the Forum once again for hopefully fun discussions and sharing memories!

Thanks again, Darren & GW Crew - you're the best!!
    OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Hey, do we include children of the gods? I'm going to include everything! It's going to be great!

Comment

I love this idea, I'll definitely rewatch this series with you guys. I wasn't around this website when the episodes were originally being aired, so this will be good for me and the newer members to be part of the the episode talks.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm Flak
          I have been a lurking for about a year or so. And like other people, it has spurred me to finally create an account.

I love stargate and believe it to be one of the best sci-fi concepts ever imagined. I love all three series and all of the movies. The gate is just so damned interesting and the lore behind it all is epic and fun! camraderie!

anyway, I just got a new girlfriend who is beautiful and into sci-fi. (she has only seen parts of season 1 and 2 of sg1) she is joining me on this and I am going to try to convince her to get an account.

blabbering done,

looking forward to chillin with all of you for this.
          shout out to the oregon sg fans!

-Flak

Comment

i'm looking forward to the twitter side of it
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I just ordered the movie so I can watch it again looking forward to the re watch
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Yep, I have season 1 on the pc ready to go!
                Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

I am just finally getting around to posting how stoked I am about the rewatch. I'm actually in the middle of a self "imposed" SGA rewatch (don't tell but its what I do in my down time at work!). I was planning to start in on SG1 when I was done so this works out great because I'll have other ppl to chat with about the epis!! A rewatch is always better when shared
                  sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                  Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                  GateCon Vancouver 2011
                  Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Ok, they announced this when I was pretty much at the end of SG-1, Re-watching all of the stargate franchise all the way through... I just did it in about 2 months. Though I think I will join in on the re-watch, though I might skip some episodes.

Comment

I'm in of course. Was planning to do it anyway. It's much better now that I won't be watching alone. And re-discuss these episodes. It's my opportunity to make up for the years of fun here before I joined. I can't wait to start.

Comment

HI im new here... Been a fan of stargate for a while now cant wait for the rewatch

Comment

Originally posted by KhaosNite13 View Post
                          Boy it's been a long time since I've posted here!

After spending the last couple months in a state of disarray, watching mismatched seasons, I'm excited that you guys came up with this brilliant idea. So brilliant, I've convinced one of my friends to try and join in. Of course, due to some travel concerns, I'll make sure to figure out a way to get my DVD sets to him, and decide, if I'll watch first, or him.
                          do u happen to live in eastern MA, USA? we just had a hurricane in some parts of the state
                          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
                            do u happen to live in eastern MA, USA? we just had a hurricane in some parts of the state
                            EGADS! When the heck did that happen? I live out on the islands of Maine and we didn't get anything ... we usually get everything that comes up the coast.

Comment

Looking forward to this down here in Australia.
                              Got the first 2 series on DVD and will hopefully have SGU on DVD by that time as well.

Comment

All my DVDs are lined up and ready to go.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X