Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Discovery (Speculation/Discussion/Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That might be the single funniest, most absurd post I’ve read all week
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
      Discovery Warping to Blu-ray

It only mentions North America so hopeful the rest of the world will get it at some point and it will be on DVD as well as Blu-ray.
      Good deal. I guess I will get to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Glad I'm not the only one digi.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          Glad I'm not the only one digi.
          Agreed. Everyone knows Voyager was the epic series and good saga
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Agreed. Everyone knows Voyager was the epic series and good saga
            Get out.

Comment

Ethan Peck Cast as Discovery's Spock

Star Trek posted this picture of Ethan with Adam Nimoy, Julie Nimoy, Terry Farrell and David Knight on their Instagram:
              https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmd7Q42nbR_/

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

voyager had the cool toys and technological babble set to warp 11... i know i know... warp 10 is eveyrwhere at once... maybe warp 11... goes so fast you collapse into a singularity and travel back in time?

Comment

New Star Trek : Discovery : Season 2 trailer :
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKf7pyxa1w

OMG. This looks so good and beautiful, like we are watching a movie not even a TV show. I wish they could have brought back
                  Spoiler:
                  Zachary Quinto
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Nice!
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This looks so cool. Looks like they've listened to the fans in some regards like the look of the Klingons and the D7.

Loving how Pike comes across and how close the Disco crew seem to be now. Really curious about the Red Angels. Particularly since they seem to have a thematic significance. That being said, Burnham said that when she saw one she didn't feel scared. She felt reassured, but we've seen aliens before that lull people psychically into a false sense of security (mainly from Voyager. The ship eating pitcher plant, the alien that comes to people near death etc.) so they could still be a threat. And we know however it affects spock he still goes on to stay on the Enterprise so it must drive his character some way.) Speaking of Spock he was the one aspect I wasn't too sure on. But it's hard to tell with the beard. It was more the voice than anything. It just didn't sound Spockish which is something Quinto did very well. But we'll see.

Comment

There will be four short ST stories as well called "Star Trek Short Treks". 15-20 minutes each.

Star Trek Short Treks 1x01 "Runaway" Promo :
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juJEA6Hz9Nw
                        Premier : 04/10/2018

You can find the titles and the main characters name on this site (minimal spoiler) :
                        http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/S...k:_Short_Treks
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'm really interested in seeing how Pike contrasts with the crew. And now that there is no war they can earn their ship's name and discover some stuff. I liked the trailer. Oh, and now that Picard will return, I am still awaiting the timey wimey crossover
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            There will be four short ST stories as well called "Star Trek Short Treks". 15-20 minutes each.

Star Trek Short Treks 1x01 "Runaway" Promo :
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juJEA6Hz9Nw
                            Premier : 04/10/2018

You can find the titles and the main characters name on this site (minimal spoiler) :
                            http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/S...k:_Short_Treks

Yup, "Runaway" was actually released this past Thursday. I just saw it last night and quite liked it!

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              I'm really interested in seeing how Pike contrasts with the crew. And now that there is no war they can earn their ship's name and discover some stuff. I liked the trailer. Oh, and now that Picard will return, I am still awaiting the timey wimey crossover
                              Ooooh that's a good point. Picard and Pike interacting would be awesome. And of course He has a strong link to Spock and Sarak so it makes sense that he'd feel some sort of link to Burnham too who must be rather famed / infamous even in the 24th/25th Century.

Comment

Looks like for Season 2, L’Rell lets her hair grow out!
                                Last edited by DigiFluid; 24 October 2018, 06:09 AM. Reason: Kriffing autocorrect...

Comment

Working...
                                X