GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    today was also Julia's 30th anniversary...so it was party time at the Hague household this weekend, with one marriage starting and another celebrating its longevity
    That is very cool - being the same weekend and all! My folks had a holiday weekend though, so I seriously doubt I'd attempt to follow in their footsteps. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to plan surprise parties for them when it's not only Thanksgiving weekend, but *also* the opening weekend of the largest Oktoberfest festivities outside of Bavaria??? People book their rooms for the leiderhosen-filled oompapa'ing beer binge *ahem* cultural celebration a year in advance ... sigh.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    AT6 - RIPPLES...November 9 - 11 2012!! YAY!!
    Love the name, *and* my boss was very confident that November shouldn't be a problem for me to get time off! (Holidays are booked according to seniority, and I'm currently about as far down that list as is possible, so during a more popular vacation time, I would've been forced to do the expensive weekend route instead!)

Tickets go on sale January 10 2012...I'm so pumped for this.
    Cool! Except ... do we have any idea what time of day we're talking? Alternatively ... who wants to buy my ticket for me? LOL ... no seriously, last time it fell mid-morning for EST right? Which was mid-to-late afternoon in England ... I could swing that. I don't have to leave for work until half 2 in the afternoon *bounces*

Great thing about this date is that it's off peak flying for me...woohoo!! Am gonna have to call auntie & uncle tomorrow to tell thewm I'm coming back! Iz just a wee bit excited!
    Excellent to hear!!! It's off-peak for us too ... and I managed to snag an awesome seatsale for AT4 so fingers X'd for a repeat performance on that front!

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
    Can't Wait - This will be my first AT event! This will be my first trip to London and Europe for that matter. What is the weather like that time of year? I am assuming kinda miserable. I am considering lengthening my stay but if the weather is bad maybe not
    Welcome! *bouncey virtual hugs in case you're not a fan of the RL ones*
    That very much depends on your definition of 'miserable' ... not to mention what's normal for where you currently are. For example, there's not likely to be much if any snow accumulation, so for me, that's a plus LOL! On the other hand, you're going to want layers. Lots of layers. I would bring 2 pairs of good shoes/light boots for walking, as one pair is likely to get muddified and need time to dry off before knocking clean. The temp is usually quite crisp (I wore a fleece and hoodie most days, plus jeans, and in the evening my leather jacket and mitts came out to play too If you're used to warmer weather, you'll want a decent autumn or light winter jacket for sure) and chilly at night, but not properly *cold* persay. This also depends on where you might be spending your extension to the holiday. I go to the NE of England to hang out with my Geordie mates , so it is often different weather up there than down in London.
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      Nope! I did imbibe some Buck's Fizz (champagne and orange juice), a class or two of champagne (for toasts) and a glass of white wine with the meal. This was more alcohol in one day than I normally have in a couple of years. My face took on a bit of a glow at one point, but no thick head this morning.

Mumsey
      I now have a picture in my mind of a glowing Mumsey. Nice!

Most of the yanks will wake up to the news. Remember that the UK is 6ish hours ahead of the US.

but be patient folks. the G4 have had a big weekend with Bekka's wedding and they're all picking up the pieces and heading back to real life I would think.
      Oooo... who got broke?

today was also Julia's 30th anniversary...so it was party time at the Hague household this weekend, with one marriage starting and another celebrating its longevity
      Happy Anniversary! Awesome.

AT6 - RIPPLES...November 9 - 11 2012!! YAY!!
      Woohoo!

Tickets go on sale January 10 2012...I'm so pumped for this.
      January 10th is a Tuesday. Better not book any clients that day, need to be free to go online.

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
      Get the countdown started.....yippee...love the name, should have placed a bet on it, hehe...can't wait.

I think we all would have been betting on that name.

Oct 20-21 Trindajae
      Oct 27-28 lame moose(mocha)
      Nov 3-4 XFchemist
      Nov 10-11 EH-T
      Nov 17-18 Chelle
      Nov 24-25 Holiday weekend and highly unlikely to have a con

EH-T guessed right...I'm so glad that is the weekend.
      I won! What was the prize again?

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
      Can't Wait - This will be my first AT event! This will be my first trip to London and Europe for that matter. What is the weather like that time of year? I am assuming kinda miserable. I am considering lengthening my stay but if the weather is bad maybe not
      Very exciting for you!

As I recall, the day I landed for AT4 (Nov 11) was lovely and sunny. Most of the other days were nice as well, not much rain and 14 or 15C on average. I think there was only one day with some heavy rain.

At this stage, I expect to go. I will try and hope to get a ticket in January but the event is still a long way off so one never knows. I do have to work it around a friends' weekend in Las Vegas which has been tentatively set for Nov of 2012. Will do my best to convince my friends to pick a different weekend in Nov but if both are to be at the same time it will be a difficult decision as to which one to pick.

I will also have a decision to make about Remembrance Day. That has always been a very important day for me to honour those who lost their lives in various wars, including my uncles. The only time I have ever missed a ceremony here is when I was at AT4 but I went to the ceremony in London. Will have to think about that one. Here we have many cenotaphs and I'm sure it is the same in London. Perhaps I can find a ceremony a little closer to the Ren.
      Last edited by EH-T; 23 August 2011, 10:09 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hey, 1000 pages. One more reason to celebrate.

Comment

november weather usually isn't that bad. Like they said, 40's at night, 60-70 during the day

Last time I was there in november, it'd rain in the evening, drizzle over night, clear off by 9am or so, then you'd have until 3-4ish before it clouded up again

not horrible, just needed to have a rain jacket and umbrella
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

WooHooo 1,000 posts !!!

WooHoo November 2012 !!!

WooHoo Ripples !!!

Congratulations on guessing the date !

Weren't we trying to guess the title too? Who had "ripples"?

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
              WooHooo 1,000 posts !!!

WooHoo November 2012 !!!

WooHoo Ripples !!!

Congratulations on guessing the date !

Weren't we trying to guess the title too? Who had "ripples"?
              We weren't trying to guess it recently but there may have been some early speculation after AT5. I think Ripples was just such a perfect name, it was a given.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                We weren't trying to guess it recently but there may have been some early speculation after AT5. I think Ripples was just such a perfect name, it was a given.
                I think so too, its perfect! And it also goes really well with my sig hehe!

I can't wait to see everyone again.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

We hadn't moved to guessing the name. Usually the date comes first then name later

sigpic

Comment

Argh. November. I would have picked earlier for the better weather over spending a few extra bucks on flights. Hate the thought of packing already cos I'm already determined to fit it in one bag even before I heard the date this morning.

Love the name, though. Very fitting.

One question if the one of the lovely G4 could answer to give a pre-warning before the January 10th sale date: Will the cost of the ticket be the same 199 GBP as last year (plus bank transfer fees) or might there be an increase in price this year?

ETA: This just posted from GabitEvents

To those asking via email, forums & Twitter. Ticket prices, FAQ etc for AT6 will be released later. Please do not ask at the moment. Thx.

Guess we play the waiting game and keep saving!
                    Last edited by Celandine; 23 August 2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

so, giggles and ripples...so riggles??????

sigpic

Comment

Or gipples.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                          Cool! Except ... do we have any idea what time of day we're talking? Alternatively ... who wants to buy my ticket for me? LOL ... no seriously, last time it fell mid-morning for EST right? Which was mid-to-late afternoon in England ... I could swing that. I don't have to leave for work until half 2 in the afternoon *bounces*
                          When the tickets went on sale for AT4, I had to be up at 2am...then I had to work later that morning...I'll be pre warning the family that i might be a wee bit grumpy that night. Or spazzy...or both.
                          Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          January 10th is a Tuesday. Better not book any clients that day, need to be free to go online.
                          I'll be working for sure that day...gonna be interesting to see how loopy I'll get.
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            Argh. November. I would have picked earlier for the better weather over spending a few extra bucks on flights. Hate the thought of packing already cos I'm already determined to fit it in one bag even before I heard the date this morning.

Love the name, though. Very fitting.

One question if the one of the lovely G4 could answer to give a pre-warning before the January 10th sale date: Will the cost of the ticket be the same 199 GBP as last year (plus bank transfer fees) or might there be an increase in price this year?

ETA: This just posted from GabitEvents

To those asking via email, forums & Twitter. Ticket prices, FAQ etc for AT6 will be released later. Please do not ask at the moment. Thx.

Guess we play the waiting game and keep saving!

the price of everything is going up, so i wouldn't be at all surprised if they had to raise it a little. i'm sure the fees they pay for room rentals + stuff will be higher for them. i just hope they will be able to find a way for those of us on this side of the pond to send in payment for the tickets. the bank fees were a little high for me, and then they didn't send the correct amount. glad the g4 let me pay the difference later. i actually have about £400 left over from AT5. maybe i could hide the cash inside a box of blue jello and send it that way? do you think the post office would question why i'm insuring my package of 1 box of blue jello for £200(or whatever it comes out to cost)?

Comment

EH-T the prize is all the leftovers from the next chocolate party.

Comment

EH-T I will also have a decision to make about Remembrance Day. That has always been a very important day for me to honour those who lost their lives in various wars, including my uncles. The only time I have ever missed a ceremony here is when I was at AT4 but I went to the ceremony in London. Will have to think about that one. Here we have many cenotaphs and I'm sure it is the same in London. Perhaps I can find a ceremony a little closer to the Ren.

at AT4 they actually had a short moment of silence and a prayer and some music in the Ren. for observance of the holiday. that was nice.
                                i missed seeing the westminster abbey because of the queen being there,tho. they still had it closed to visitors the day after even. really would like to get in there this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X