Camille Wray/Ming Na Discussion/WOW/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camille Wray/Ming Na Discussion/WOW/Appreciation

This thread is for those that enjoy and wish to discuss the actor Ming Na and her SGU, IOA accountant Camille Wray.

It is NOT a place to debate the merits of the character,its also not the place dish the private aspects of the actor's life.

The IOA just got sexy!!

And the best saved for last:-

ComingSoon.net has your exclusive first look at a "SGU: Stargate Universe" character profile of Camile Wray, played by Ming-Na in the upcoming SyFy show coming this fall.

"SGU" follows a band of soldiers, scientists and civilians, who must fend for themselves as they are forced through a Stargate when their hidden base comes under attack. The desperate survivors emerge aboard an ancient ship, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth. Faced with meeting the most basic needs of food, water and air, the group must unlock the secrets of the ship’s Stargate to survive. The danger, adventure and hope they find on board the Destiny will reveal the heroes and villains among them.

If you are attending Comic-Con in San Diego, the "SGU: Stargate Universe" panel is at 10:30AM in Ballroom 20 on Friday, July 24. The presentation will include a first look at footage from the show that will probably not be shown anywhere again! Attending the panel will be Robert Carlyle, Brian J. Smith, Elyse Levesque, David Blue, Alaina Huffman, Jamil Walker Smith and Ming-Na alongside series co-creators Brad Wright and Robert Cooper. There is a video at the link

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=56973

Comment

MGM's twitter has been posting updates on the different cast pieces all day. Robert Carlyle's piece just went up!! http://twitter.com/MGM_Studios

Comment

Have you seen the new Wray pictures on MGM website? She looks like a Weir clone, because the clothes are so similar. I hope they will change this.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          Have you seen the new Wray pictures on MGM website? She looks like a Weir clone, because the clothes are so similar. I hope they will change this.
          I like Ming-Na. I like SGU. I like MGM. I like and trust where Brad and Robert are taking the franchise.

What I cannot understand is why an unmarried(*) Asian character has the surname 'Wray', was she adopted?

Can someone enlighten me?

Do we see blonde-haried, blue-eyed guys being called Kawasaki or Cheung?

:L

[I assume shes unmarried because of other spoilerific things that have been mentioned about her character on here and elsewhere]
          Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
            I like Ming-Na. I like SGU. I like MGM. I like and trust where Brad and Robert are taking the franchise.

What I cannot understand is why an unmarried(*) Asian character has the surname 'Wray', was she adopted?

[I assume shes unmarried because of other spoilerific things that have been mentioned about her character on here and elsewhere]
            Maybe they'll explain this. Or it could be the case that she's half-asian, and her father was of a different nationality

I am quite excited at everything Brad and Rob have been saying about the series, and I'm very optimistic about it.

Also, I don't think Wray looks like a Weir clone in the slightest, and I loved Weir
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

That name never struck me as being non-asian. Besides, as was pointed out Coronach the most likely scenario is that her old man is American and she took his name.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm sure in the character breakdown the character was listed as Asian-American.

Anyway I love Ming Na!!

Comment

I love what she has to say about her character. It sounds like she'll be nicely complex
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    I'm sure in the character breakdown the character was listed as Asian-American.
                    She wasn't listed as Asian in the breakdowns, if memory serves. But Tamara was.

They cast the best actresses, and make the parts fit.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Does her surname have to be conventionally Asian?

As for the unmarried thing, I think that's dependant on what state she is from (if in the US) or what country she is from on the international stage. Which makes her character all the more interesting.
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                        She wasn't listed as Asian in the breakdowns, if memory serves. But Tamara was.

They cast the best actresses, and make the parts fit.
                        You are indeed correct

Comment

Maybe you misunderstood me. Her clothes reminded me to Weir, not her character or face. Ming-Na was the nicest actress on the MGM website and I liked too, what she said about the SG franchise in Wray's character profile.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

From the MGM site

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              Maybe you misunderstood me. Her clothes reminded me to Weir, not her character or face. Ming-Na was the nicest actress on the MGM website and I liked too, what she said about the SG franchise in Wray's character profile.
                              Okay, I understand you better than. I guess it's important to remember that Weir was a diplomat and Wray is a higher-ranking IOA member. While their jobs aren't the same, they are similar, and "nice" women's clothes tend to be the same style, just like most business suits look the same, just variations on color and style

I really liked Ming Na's character profile as well. She seems like a really nice person, and I've seen her in a few things already and really admire her as an actress. I'm excited to see what happens
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X