Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    Personally I hope she's a Kenobi, based on Oni's reaction to the news that Duchess Satine of Mandalore is dead and Sabine is her daughter, rumor/theory floats thast Sabine and Ezra are a thing ? If this is true then Ezra is Rey's dad, Sabine is her mother, and Obi is Reys grandfather due to having a brief fling with Satine, Sabines mother

Rey for one, doesnt possess the voice, or accent of a Skywalker. Luke had a farmboy accent from a backwater world, like Finn did, then Rey had a more Core or even self trained accent wherein Mandalor {which is currently in its midrim location} has a mix of accents.

Though just aimgine being a Clone, and standing up a woman, then every other clone around being chased because of that. Looking like a few million other guys would suck
    Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Sounds like its nothing more than a ploy to please the cartoon fans if they go that route..

Especially since anyone who's NOT seen those 2 cartoons won't have a damn clue who you are on about.
    I see it as less likely that the movie franchise will pull from the cartoons, if they do I think it will be more of a slight\subtle nod than a direct connection. I think Obi-Wan is such a integral character to this Saga that including his granddaughter isn't a stretch. The accent thing is somewhat telling because Finn (British in real life) uses an American(ish) accent so the chose Ray's accent.

Also, if they do make this connection it opens the door even wider for a future Obi-Wan trilogy, possibly spanning the time period after ROTS and ANH...Disney is going to continue milking this $4Billion investment long after episode 9 and the 3 spin-offs are through.
    Last edited by Spimman; 17 January 2017, 12:39 PM. Reason: brain freeze, III and IV
    sigpic

Comment

How can you have an Obi-Wan trilogy that covers the time period between Jedi and Force Awakens if he's, you know, been dead for like the 5 years prior to Jedi....

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
        How can you have an Obi-Wan trilogy that covers the time period between Jedi and Force Awakens if he's, you know, been dead for like the 5 years prior to Jedi....

There is no death, there is only the Force? But yeah, an Obi-Wan trilogy isn't going to happen.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
          Yeah I was thinking of the time between III and IV and focusing on new things. Whoops.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

There is no death, there is only the Force? But yeah, an Obi-Wan trilogy isn't going to happen.
          You might be right, but if he is the father then I think it opens the door to seeing him on screen again.

The entire trilogy wouldn't have to fall within that time period, some additional Obi-Wan origin material could be included. It could also be a stand alone film bridging the gap and not a trilogy (although Hollywood loves trilogies).
          sigpic

Comment

We have a title!

Episode VIII will be.... Star Wars: The Last Jedi
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This raises questions...it also kinda shoots the tittle "Return of the Jedi" in the foot.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                This raises questions...it also kinda shoots the tittle "Return of the Jedi" in the foot.
                We have to remember it picks up right off where Force Awakens left off, but Ifeel the shooting in the foot there quite a bit, Luke was the Return of the jedi, then Ren killed it, now Luke is left...

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I guess, I mean...it kinda takes away from the sacrifice of the Rebel Alliance. It was all for naught. I hope they somehow address this somewhere.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't see what this has to do with the title 'Return of the Jedi.' I have always and continue to read that as the redemption of Anakin Skywalker--the fulfilment and conclusion of the Skywalker story as George Lucas conceived it.

Also don't see how this negates anything the Rebellion did. The Alliance was fighting for freedom and democracy, not the restoration of the Jedi Order. And there were 30 years of peace, freedom, and democracy between ROTJ and TFA.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So, if this is the "Last jedi" Does that mean luke's gonna die, go force ghosty and mentor Rey?

Comment

This could be interpreted quite a few ways, I'm with Rob on the view that this doesn't undermine Return of the Jedi.

Could this be that Luke is the "last Jedi" left at this point? Could this reference that Luke is the last of the "Old Jedi" and signify a shift that will happen when Rey trains? Who knows at this point...
                        sigpic

Comment

Thing is he wasn't the last of the old jedi, as he is more the First of the new ones.

Comment

Semantics. If you're the first, but there are no other Jedi, you're also the last until and unless there is someone to succeed you.

Comment

Well set Digi, well said!

My personal thought on this is that Luke is currently the Last Jedi because there arent any left, there may be other Force traditions out there, but no actual JEDI ORDER; liker Digi said; the Rebellion restored the REPUBLIC not the Jedi Order. So its possible that Luke is the Last Jedi for the moment until he can train more somehow.

Also shouldnt this thread get stickied and the Episode 7 thread unstickied ? Just wondering

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

All this speculation, I prefer to wait and see what happens, and what it all means.
                                However, that said, 'Jedi' in Return of the Jedi was not a single Jedi coming back, but the return of the Jedi cult/movement as a collective noun. So maybe Luke is encouraged to come back teaching and his trainees are the last Jedi that need to be trained because the baddies are finally defeated for ever.
                                Speculation on Ray: When she touched Luke's sabre in TFA she had a flashback, & I presume the little girl was her. In the background we see the Millenium Falcon flying away. Could Ray and Ben be twins? Remember Padame had twins, so if it runs in the family Leia too could have had twins & split them up, fostering Ray & keeping Ben. But I can't see why she would, unless she had a premonition, her 'Force' has not been fully explained, assuming different people have different talents (I never saw Leia waiving a light sabre around) maybe she had a foreboding about Ben.
                                There again, Jebi are not supposed to have intimate relationships, so if Luke did have some daliance he could have asked his old friend & brother-in-law to drop the child (Rey) off for her safety, & to keep the Jedi from expelling him. So Ray could be his daughter I suppose.
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X