No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

There's obviously more coming -- this part ain't finished yet.
    Looking forward to it!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat Boston College 40-14, Tennessee fell to Kentucky 34-7, Rhode Island had a bye, Navy beat East Carolina 27-23, and Air Force had another bye. On to next week!

Comment

What is up with Rhode Island and all the byes?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Best guess, too many positive covid tests... maybe...
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Best guess, too many positive covid tests... maybe...
              Hmm, could be. *nods*

I tried to google it, but came up empty.

Covid destroyed my local New England Patriots this week. They lost to the Denver Broncos, and Denver is not a good team this season. It was a painful game to watch. I thought of SR saying how the college teams kept on going despite so many out for illness. Seems the professional teams don't have that same drive.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I did some more digging, and it seems the CAA conference decided to cancel their entire season.

Hmm, could be. *nods*

Covid destroyed my local New England Patriots this week. They lost to the Denver Broncos, and Denver is not a good team this season. It was a painful game to watch. I thought of SR saying how the college teams kept on going despite so many out for illness. Seems the professional teams don't have that same drive.
                Ouch. Yeah, the NFL is definitely earning their nickname of the No Fun League this year.

Comment

Small head's up... I found out this weekend that one of my uncles tested positive, my grandfather tested positive today and it is very likely that one of my aunt's will test positive in the coming days. My cousin tested negative but he had to be tested again after getting symptoms related to covid so it's likely he too will test positive.

And this after founding out my other grandfather passed away Saturday -- very sudden, not covid-related. Funeral is thursday.

We are also in the middle of our move... so, you know... Chapter VI.2 will probably not come into existence until the start of November, depending on how the covid-situation evolves. It exists in my head now, so unless I can't concentrate during work tomorrow (which is actually quite likely), it won't get typed up just yet.

I have had no contact with any of them in the last few weeks. Hadn't even seen the late grandfather (and my godfather) since January.

The only outside contact I've had is with colleagues at work and my skippie-buddies at training.

Comment

Small head's up... I found out this weekend that one of my uncles tested positive, my grandfather tested positive today and it is very likely that one of my aunt's will test positive in the coming days. My cousin tested negative but he had to be tested again after getting symptoms related to covid so it's likely he too will test positive.

And this after founding out my other grandfather passed away Saturday -- very sudden, not covid-related. Funeral is thursday.

We are also in the middle of our move... so, you know... Chapter VI.2 will probably not come into existence until the start of November, depending on how the covid-situation evolves. It exists in my head now, so unless I can't concentrate during work tomorrow (which is actually quite likely), it won't get typed up just yet.

I have had no contact with any of them in the last few weeks. Hadn't even seen the late grandfather (and my godfather) since January.

The only outside contact I've had is with colleagues at work and my skippie-buddies at training.
                    Oh my goodness, FH! I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish a speedy recovery for all your relatives. And my deepest condolences on the passing of your grandfather. *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      I did some more digging, and it seems the CAA conference decided to cancel their entire season.
                      Thanks for the info! I would have known that if I watched the local news more.

Ouch. Yeah, the NFL is definitely earning their nickname of the No Fun League this year.
                      Totally.

Comment

Oh my goodness, FH! I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish a speedy recovery for all your relatives. And my deepest condolences on the passing of your grandfather. *hugs*
                        Thanks.

At this point I'm rather happy that I have the move to keep me occupied -- the likes of "errmm... do you remember how we disassembled this bookcase last time?" *pondering* "I think we dropped it on its long side." *eyes the coffeetable* "That'll have to move first."

So, it's basically a lot of boxes moving every which way at the moment...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

FH, my deepest condolences for your grandfather, and my best wishes for a quick recovery for your relatives. *hugs you* And don't worry about the story; it'll be ready when you are. *moar hugs*

Thanks.

At this point I'm rather happy that I have the move to keep me occupied -- the likes of "errmm... do you remember how we disassembled this bookcase last time?" *pondering* "I think we dropped it on its long side." *eyes the coffeetable* "That'll have to move first."

So, it's basically a lot of boxes moving every which way at the moment...
                          *snickers* Yeah, moving is like that, all right. And then every time you bring something new in, you have to rejuggle everything.

Comment

I think I have post fall break depression, but...by act of oops, I have another four day weekend coming up. (My boss must love me). Heading out of town to meet up with a friend for some mask wearing socially responsible fun. More ink is on the agenda and I'm super excited.

The Office Saga... continues as long as I feel inspired by events from my daily life and/or my office life...

Chapter I
                            Chapter II
                            Chapter III
                            Chapter IV
                            Chapter V

Chapter VI

Spoiler:
                            Elizabeth eyed the content of the "this side up" package. The content lay spread out across the floor of her quarters, items which belonged together, grouped together.

She could tell that the maker of the package had taken extra care to keep the contents from jostling around, but "handle with care" didn't seem to be a trait the Stargate Command postal service was familiar with. Notwithstanding that three weeks on the Daedalus hadn't also left some scarring.

It was a miracle the bottles of Westvleteren Trappist beer had made it to Atlantis in one piece, for which Elizabeth was ever so grateful.

The little bags of corn, on the other hand, hadn't been so lucky. She had gathered a handful of loose corn seeds from the box, and was still looking for the bag with the hole. She found it when she picked up two at once to check them and the remainder of the package dropped its content on her floor. She grumbled as corn seeds rolled and bounced every which way, disappearing underneath her furniture.

"Why oh why couldn't he just like chocolate best?"

She mumbled as she crawled across the floor collecting the seeds.

"Or coffee, like any normal human being."
                            I'd be down for some chocolate and coffee, lol. These shorts are so great! Looking forward to the next.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat Boston College 40-14, Tennessee fell to Kentucky 34-7, Rhode Island had a bye, Navy beat East Carolina 27-23, and Air Force had another bye. On to next week!
                            Isn't football supposed to be fun? I keep waiting for Tom Hanks to scream at me that there's no crying in football.

I'm so sorry for your loss and to hear of all the challenges your family is facing. *Hugs* Sending all the good cosmic vibes your way.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Regarding the aforementioned bookcase...

So we got it apart and transported it to the house, where my sister eagerly started to reassemble it. She was, however, so eager that she nearly forgot to reattach the shelves.

So, I point it out to her and she's like, "But no, this side goes there and ..." *realization dawns* "...oh yeah, right... the shelves go in first."

Twice, no less, she managed to forget about them, and me each time "errmm... aren't you forgetting something?" -- "Oh yeah, shelves."

Comment

Hmm, could be. *nods*

I just heard that the U of Fl football team has 50 new cases.

So sorry about all the bad news. I hope you stay safe.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X