Vs. (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
    The kid manned up and as a result his girlfriend is left to die (or maybe killed since he didn't deliver). This seems pretty tough to me.

It is not in the sixers best interest to kill anyone. Killing Taylor sounds great, but like Mira said before it would just make him a matyr.

Terra Nova seems pretty relaxed to me, sort of like Galt Gulch.
    1.) So, if Mira came back and said, "I'm so sorry for what I've done. There's people back in 2149 who have a hold on me. I promise to never do anything bad ever again!" Do you think that Taylor would ground her for a few months?

My point was that Josh wanted to be treated as an adult. This was something which was addressed in a previous episode, when he went to work for Boylan. He made an adult decision in this episode, and fortunately no one died because of it. His punishment seems to be that he has to go back to being treated like he is a 15 year old kid.

And who gave him this "punishment"? Did Taylor merely say, "Josh, you done wrong, son. But, I think you're a good kid, and the son of my personally appointed town cop, so I'm going to let you off easy. (And being one of the main cast doesn't hurt as well.)" Come to think of it, was Taylor even informed about Josh's actions?

2.) If killing Taylor was not in the Sixers best interest, why did one of them try to kill him in the first episode? It's possible that Carter was acting against orders, however I don't recall any instance of that being the case.

How were the Sixers going to take over the colony when they arrived in the first place? Were Taylor and all of his supporters going to be dis-armed and put under house arrest?

Arguably, the best way for the Sixers to take over the colony would be for them to eliminate the leadership of Terra Nova. Making Taylor a martyr would only work against them if there was some sort of leadership who could use Taylor's death to bind the population together in a common cause.

3.) I think it's more like Mulligan's Valley.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

The kid manned up and as a result his girlfriend is left to die (or maybe killed since he didn't deliver). This seems pretty tough to me.

It is not in the sixers best interest to kill anyone. Killing Taylor sounds great, but like Mira said before it would just make him a matyr.

Terra Nova seems pretty relaxed to me, sort of like Galt Gulch.
      I think he delivered all but one bottle. Kept it for the sick guy after hearing his mother saying that he needed a dose to stay alive.
      sigpic
      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

yes but the two racks were never taken to Mira. they were still at the Bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
          1.) So, if Mira came back and said, "I'm so sorry for what I've done. There's people back in 2149 who have a hold on me. I promise to never do anything bad ever again!" Do you think that Taylor would ground her for a few months?

My point was that Josh wanted to be treated as an adult. This was something which was addressed in a previous episode, when he went to work for Boylan. He made an adult decision in this episode, and fortunately no one died because of it. His punishment seems to be that he has to go back to being treated like he is a 15 year old kid.

And who gave him this "punishment"? Did Taylor merely say, "Josh, you done wrong, son. But, I think you're a good kid, and the son of my personally appointed town cop, so I'm going to let you off easy. (And being one of the main cast doesn't hurt as well.)" Come to think of it, was Taylor even informed about Josh's actions?

2.) If killing Taylor was not in the Sixers best interest, why did one of them try to kill him in the first episode? It's possible that Carter was acting against orders, however I don't recall any instance of that being the case.

How were the Sixers going to take over the colony when they arrived in the first place? Were Taylor and all of his supporters going to be dis-armed and put under house arrest?

Arguably, the best way for the Sixers to take over the colony would be for them to eliminate the leadership of Terra Nova. Making Taylor a martyr would only work against them if there was some sort of leadership who could use Taylor's death to bind the population together in a common cause.

regards,
          G.
          He had that argument with his Father and not Taylor, so technically he didnt know that Josh was so set on being treated as an adult. He should really have gotten at least some punishment that he will really remember.

I am not sure if Taylor knew about what Josh did. Logically there always was a chance that Boylan would talk about Joshs part in this, so not telling Taylor would have been very stupid, though in that case one would expect that he would send Josh to clean after Dinos for a year. Those Brachiosaurus outside of the Colony probably cause one or the other smell emergency from time to time.
          Last edited by tomstone; 25 November 2011, 12:10 PM.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

This was another good one. I am really enjoying this show overall.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
              He had that argument with his Father and not Taylor, so technically he didnt know that Josh was so set on being treated as an adult. He should really have gotten at least some punishment that he will really remember.

I am not sure if Taylor knew about what Josh did. Logically there always was a chance that Boylan would talk about Joshs part in this, so not telling Taylor would have been very stupid, though in that case one would expect that he would send Josh to clean after Dinos for a year. Those Brachiosaurus outside of the Colony probably cause one or the other smell emergency from time to time.
              Of course Taylor knew what Josh did or he wouldn't have approved the Boylan arrest. Not to mention he compares his troubled past with Lucas to Josh
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post

I don't see how Taylor couldn't have known something was going on, he gives me the impression that he likes to be on top of *everything*, and Terra Nova isn't that big of a place.

Lots of people would have been aware that there had been a break-in in the infirmary. The broken cabinet and the fact that several medical folks were aware that they were suddenly without the drug to save their patient would have been something at which he would have pricked up his ears. He would likely want a report from Washington at the very least, if not a direct face to face report from Shannon.

This being said, did Shannon and Elisabeth use their positions of authority in order to try and sweep this under the carpet?

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                  How come they've got really good fireworks? I don't see much in the way of a manufacturing plant in the neighbourhood.
                  Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  you do realize they have a supply line from the future?
                  Yeah that was just my poor attempt at humour

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post

regards,
                    G.
                    It will be a long time before Josh is treated as anything but a child. Taylor has something to hold over Shannon's head now, which strengthens his position.

Mira said she was glad that Taylor wasn't killed as it would have made him a matyr.

In the sixers best case, they take over Terra Nova but then the next (and every following one) pilgrimage is military and they lose control. Mira doesn't represent the interests of future earth or the colony.

Comment

In the sixers best case, they take over Terra Nova but then the next (and every following one) pilgrimage is military and they lose control. Mira doesn't represent the interests of future earth or the colony.
                      Not really, if they can make a connection back to the Future at that point, they would have something to hold over Hope Plazas Heads. I am sure nobody there would reject the offer of being able to bring stuff from back there to the present. Attack the Sixers and they loose that possibility.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

1. Josh...what could they do to the guy?

2. Annoyed at Malcolm getting Taylor involved.

3. OK...Taylor came close to crossing a line a bit here but now we finally know everything that's going on...I think we can safely say he's the lesser of two evils. Besides, if given the choice, would most Terra Novans want their new home to become a mining colony?

Hold on tight...
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Decent ep, better than last week anyways. Still not keen on the family angle. Bores me. Taylor is a far more interesting character than Shannon IMO.

About Taylor's story her told Shannon in the holding cell. We've only heard one side of the story, there are two sides to every story. Whose to say what Taylor said is total truth. Only people that know the truth is Taylor, Lucas and the dead guy. We've only heard Taylor's side.

As for Josh being grounded. Did Shannon get grounded for having another child when expressly forbidden, for striking an officer, for breaking out of jail or for stowing away on the pilgrimage? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black

I think I could have done without the play. It was cringeworthy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Decent ep, better than last week anyways. Still not keen on the family angle. Bores me. Taylor is a far more interesting character than Shannon IMO.

About Taylor's story her told Shannon in the holding cell. We've only heard one side of the story, there are two sides to every story. Whose to say what Taylor said is total truth. Only people that know the truth is Taylor, Lucas and the dead guy. We've only heard Taylor's side.

As for Josh being grounded. Did Shannon get grounded for having another child when expressly forbidden, for striking an officer, for breaking out of jail or for stowing away on the pilgrimage? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black

I think I could have done without the play. It was cringeworthy.
                            Shannon went to prison for hiding a child.

Comment

Shannon went to prison for hiding a child.
                              Uh huh, but nothing happened to him for breaking out of prison or stowing away on the pilgrimage.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                Uh huh, but nothing happened to him for breaking out of prison or stowing away on the pilgrimage.
                                He was useful and he is under Taylor's thumb. This isn't that hard to figure out.

Comment

Working...
                                X