A Cloned Body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yanna View Post
    And it wasn't even his first time. He also used it in the movie. Not to mention all those times O'Neill was put in it in Abyss and it didn't seem to have made him crazier. Yes, the side effects are there but we have seen proof that the sarcophagus takes a lot of time and repeated use to corrupt someone. Perry would be put just once.

I believe that sarcophagi should have been addressed after the fall of the Goa'uld and some explanation should be cooked up as to why we can't get one or even have an episode where we do get one and there's a huge issue regarding non-disclosure to use it.
    IIRC wasn't it explained that repeated use when there is little need for it, is what corrupts. So daniel using it all the time in Need, when he has no injuries to warrant it's use is corrupted, while Jack who is constantly killed and resurrected is not corrupted as much.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
      I don't know where you get your statistical data from but since I enjoy a good root, and ability to take a shower and clean myself, I would have to be insane to not have my quadraplegic cured.

Agreed and I think that we have to differentiate between somebody that is deaf or even blind or somebody that just cannot walk but can otherwise use his or her arms instead or alternatively those that have lost their arms and use their legs for everything instead and those that cannot move a muscle on their own known as quadriplegics. I doubt you will find a quadriplegic that loves not being able to do anything on his on her own at all.
      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I wish people would learn their terminology. The word is continuity error and even that is a stretch.
        How so? If you want to be more precise about it. In reality its a cannon hole, which is to say cannon is the overall story and "plot" of the the show, therefore a hole in pre-established plot is a hole. A continuity error would be something like a character walks out of a room with a shovel then in the next scene has no shovel, then in the scene after that magically has the shovel again...

Comment

If a symbiote could cure whatever disease Adrian(?) had, I have to imagine it could cure the neurological damage that put Perry in her chair. Or a sarcophagus. Or a hand device. Or technology from the Asgard database. Or send her to the Nox. Or send her to Kheb. Or impregnate her skeleton with nanoscopic Replicator cells a la Wolverine to restore her mobility. Who knows.

Maybe the SGC just has a policy about "no miracle cures" for civvies, and they never told her about the healing technology they possess. How exactly would she explain that to her civilian doctors, or her friends and family? She just...got better?

Comment

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
            If a symbiote could cure whatever disease Adrian(?) had, I have to imagine it could cure the neurological damage that put Perry in her chair. Or a sarcophagus. Or a hand device. Or technology from the Asgard database. Or send her to the Nox. Or send her to Kheb. Or impregnate her skeleton with nanoscopic Replicator cells a la Wolverine to restore her mobility. Who knows.

Maybe the SGC just has a policy about "no miracle cures" for civvies, and they never told her about the healing technology they possess. How exactly would she explain that to her civilian doctors, or her friends and family? She just...got better?
            a lot of her problems would stem from nerve damage in her spine, not neurological, so i doubt a symbiote can help, why would they even try.

Comment

Probably. Perry is still able to perform her duties while in a wheel chair. Like all lazy employers, why give out a bonus if you don't have to. If Perry wanted to retire permanently for medical reasons then I'm sure if the SGC valued her talent they would offer to cure her provided she signs on for another 10 years or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
                How so? If you want to be more precise about it. In reality its a cannon hole, which is to say cannon is the overall story and "plot" of the the show, therefore a hole in pre-established plot is a hole. A continuity error would be something like a character walks out of a room with a shovel then in the next scene has no shovel, then in the scene after that magically has the shovel again...
                A plot hole refers to a gap of how something happens in a single story. The original is talking about contradicting established cannon which is past continuity
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

So we can travel half the universe with a wormhole, but we cant cure this crippled broad? I'm not buying it. I am starting to agree with Sen Kinsey, all this money into a stargate program that is supposed to yield new tech and they cant heal one cripple? BS
                  sigpicSGU PARTY AT MY PLACE!!

Comment

Originally posted by gildor23 View Post
                    So we can travel half the universe with a wormhole, but we cant cure this crippled broad? I'm not buying it. I am starting to agree with Sen Kinsey, all this money into a stargate program that is supposed to yield new tech and they cant heal one cripple? BS
                    Most of the new tech is destined to weapons programs for planetary defense against hostile aliens and so on. The only ones able to heal her rather extreme condition in the Stargate universe would be a prior, the Orici or an ascended being.
                    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

So what about the sarcophagus? Also the ENTIRE repository of Asgard knowledge? No I dont think the Asgard learned how to repair spinal injuries. If the writers used the new tech to heal instead of hurt it would be better for the show than each new tech constantly changing the balance of power. They could introduce new healing tech each week and it wouldn't really effect the show that much in regards to the power struggle withthe bad guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                        I'm a horrible person for seeing a pun here.
                        LOL I am too it seems

Comment

How exactly would she explain that to her civilian doctors, or her friends and family? She just...got better?
                          Well, if those SGC guys figured out how to tell all the relatives of those on board of Destiny that they are somehow suddenly in another galaxy far, far away, I'm sure they'd figure that out as well.

Comment

There is a big dif there.
                            Those civilian relatives of the crew, were prob already cleared to know what was up. The civ docs of one of the crew's relatives are not.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              There is a big dif there.
                              Those civilian relatives of the crew, were prob already cleared to know what was up. The civ docs of one of the crew's relatives are not.
                              Yes, well, I believe those relatives can take it just as easily as the other ones did.

Comment

Just cause they could take it does not mean they
                                A) have hte clearance to even know
                                B) have a need to know and
                                C) can be trusted. heck we don't even know if they would sign an NDA>

Comment

Working...
                                X