No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I counted one time and I had 89 pairs, but that was before I broke my foot and came down with arthritis in both feet. Now I have fewer, can't wear heels or flats with leather soles, so I have mostly comfortable pairs. I'm not quite at the old lady shoe stage but close.
    I don't think I ever counted how many pairs I had before I had my bunion surgeries, but I don't think it was any more than 25-30. (I tend to buy for versatility with multiple outfits.) Then after the surgeries I purged everything but my sneakers, my Uggs and Merrills (they're all pricey, but also comfy as all heck and therefore worth it--especially the Uggs in winter), and my hiking boots (also comfy).

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    And then even when you find someone who likes the same stuff, sometimes they would get overwhelmed by the amount of trivia I know about it.

It's weird to me that sports fans can have all kinds of trivia memorized and no one thinks poorly of them. But somehow fandom stuff makes you weird.
    Ugh, seriously. You can just see their eyes glazing over and them thinking they need to pat you on the head and run away.

ITA, personally I'm the sarcastic one who points that fact out to the sports fans. Mr. SR has a big mostly loud family and I learned early on I had to give as good as I got or they would eat me alive. Last week one of his cousins told me I was her favorite inlaw, so I must be doing something right.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's a mystery, but I have a feeling she never got rid of any of them. Every time I saw her she was dressed to the nines and wearing pumps. I don't know what she wore to teach in. Like I said, she was a family legend.
      My feet are aching with just the thought of teaching while wearing pumps all day.

I counted one time and I had 89 pairs, but that was before I broke my foot and came down with arthritis in both feet. Now I have fewer, can't wear heels or flats with leather soles, so I have mostly comfortable pairs. I'm not quite at the old lady shoe stage but close.
      I've had my low back problem since I was 20, so I never really got into wearing heels since heels would only make it worse. Now, even if I could bear the pain of it, I don't really know how to walk in them so I'd look like a newborn animal hobbling around.

ITA, personally I'm the sarcastic one who points that fact out to the sports fans. Mr. SR has a big mostly loud family and I learned early on I had to give as good as I got or they would eat me alive. Last week one of his cousins told me I was her favorite inlaw, so I must be doing something right.
      I pointed it out to my brother one time and he was just like - yeah yeah whatever.

Good for you on being the favorite inlaw!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I don't think I ever counted how many pairs I had before I had my bunion surgeries, but I don't think it was any more than 25-30. (I tend to buy for versatility with multiple outfits.) Then after the surgeries I purged everything but my sneakers, my Uggs and Merrills (they're all pricey, but also comfy as all heck and therefore worth it--especially the Uggs in winter), and my hiking boots (also comfy).
      My sister had bunions (she worked retail for like 40 years of her life so she was always on her feet). They seemed very painful.

Ugh, seriously. You can just see their eyes glazing over and them thinking they need to pat you on the head and run away.
      Yeah. On Christmas when my nephew and I were explaining Star Wars to everyone, I could tell they were all like .

Comment

I learned the hard way that I can't wear my All-stars day in and out all summer cause I have a nerve in my left foot that will get cut off and go absolutely numb. For most of the rest of summer I had zilch feeling in the top of my foot from my ankle all the way to my big toe. So I have no other choice but to wear hiking boots most of the time, or my Timberlands.

I have about 10 pairs...* counts* ...nope, only 8 pairs... of which I wear 3 pairs max.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I learned the hard way that I can't wear my All-stars day in and out all summer cause I have a nerve in my left foot that will get cut off and go absolutely numb. For most of the rest of summer I had zilch feeling in the top of my foot from my ankle all the way to my big toe. So I have no other choice but to wear hiking boots most of the time, or my Timberlands.

I have about 10 pairs...* counts* ...nope, only 8 pairs... of which I wear 3 pairs max.
          I was curious, so I counted and I have 77 pairs. I wear maybe a dozen on a regular basis. You have to have black and brown in all styles: boots, flats, and sandals. Then sneakers, walking shoes, and casual house shoes. Throw in a few patterns like snake and odd colors like red and they add up. Plus some are just too cute to pass up.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I have a pair of limited edition Pride month All-stars. It's my own design. Black shoe with more rainbow details than you care to have on sneaker. Even the bottom has rainbow colors.

But, I can't wear em all the time... all my shoes are black (except for the hiking boots, they are grey and brown).

EDIT
            Wait, nope... I have a pair of white Nike sneakers.

Comment

I have a pair of limited edition Pride month All-stars. It's my own design. Black shoe with more rainbow details than you care to have on sneaker. Even the bottom has rainbow colors.

But, I can't wear em all the time... all my shoes are black (except for the hiking boots, they are grey and brown).

EDIT
              Wait, nope... I have a pair of white Nike sneakers.
              I forgot gray. You have to also have gray shoes and boots in all styles. Oh, and also taupe.
              sigpic

Comment

I forgot gray. You have to also have gray shoes and boots in all styles. Oh, and also taupe.
                LOL!! See... now we know why some people have 400 pairs of shoes, cause they need all the different pairs of each color available.

And now I'm thinking that in Atlantis, they probably only had one pair available, the ones they were wearing when they arrived unless they were allowed to take another pair along. *ponders*

What was in those backpacks anyway?

Comment

Yesterday I had to wear regular shoes which I only have in brown and black. I was wearing navy blue pants. Should I have worn the black or the brown or are neither good?

Oh, and Southern Red said some shoes were too cute to pass up. I must have been born without some of the normal female DNA strands because I HATE HATE HATE shoe shopping. If I could wear my comfy sneakers every day I would.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Yesterday I had to wear regular shoes which I only have in brown and black. I was wearing navy blue pants. Should I have worn the black or the brown or are neither good?
                    Either is fine, just coordinate the color with your belt and/or purse and you're good to go. At least, that's how I do it.

Oh, and Southern Red said some shoes were too cute to pass up. I must have been born without some of the normal female DNA strands because I HATE HATE HATE shoe shopping. If I could wear my comfy sneakers every day I would.
                    LOL, same here! For me, shoe shopping is as bad as jeans shopping.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

LOL!! See... now we know why some people have 400 pairs of shoes, cause they need all the different pairs of each color available.

And now I'm thinking that in Atlantis, they probably only had one pair available, the ones they were wearing when they arrived unless they were allowed to take another pair along. *ponders*

What was in those backpacks anyway?
                      Hopefully they had 2 pairs so they wouldn't have to wear the same ones all the time which is very bad for you and the shoes.

The "rules" have all changed. Either is now okay. In fact it is now stylish for men to wear brown shoes with dark suits. Mr. SR is seriously appalled by that but he's old. The style now for women is not to match. Personally, I think they've taken it too far when they put pink with olive green and red with hot pink and so on. Mr. SR's cousin called me before the aunt's funeral and asked if it was okay if she wore red shoes with her navy dress. Then we got up there and I got a frantic call from her at 8am wanting to know if I had panty hose. She thought she had navy tights to go with the dress but packed black ones instead. I told her to go with it. Nobody cares but you. And I was right.

I used to love shoe shopping as a sport. Now, not so much.
                      sigpic

Comment

Either is fine, just coordinate the color with your belt and/or purse and you're good to go. At least, that's how I do it.
                        I have only one purse, which is black, so I guess I should have worn the black shoes. Oops. Purse shopping is another thing I don't do. I use the same one over and over until I wear it out.

LOL, same here! For me, shoe shopping is as bad as jeans shopping.
                        Yikes, you are right! The worst has to be bathing suit shopping.

The "rules" have all changed. Either is now okay. In fact it is now stylish for men to wear brown shoes with dark suits. Mr. SR is seriously appalled by that but he's old. The style now for women is not to match. Personally, I think they've taken it too far when they put pink with olive green and red with hot pink and so on. Mr. SR's cousin called me before the aunt's funeral and asked if it was okay if she wore red shoes with her navy dress. Then we got up there and I got a frantic call from her at 8am wanting to know if I had panty hose. She thought she had navy tights to go with the dress but packed black ones instead. I told her to go with it. Nobody cares but you. And I was right.
                        Thanks for letting me know! I don't like the idea of hot red and pink together either. My niece wears stuff like that though. And mismatching socks. Makes my skin itch just looking at it sometimes.

I used to love shoe shopping as a sport. Now, not so much.
                        I once had a guy take me on a date to go window shopping. He probably thought he was being an awesome guy, doing something the woman would love. But I was like "ok, what do you need in this store?" I shop like a stereotypical man - get what I came in for, and leave. My family laughs at how I shop. I make up my mind in like 30 seconds, then I leave. My sister can debate which shirt to buy for 3 hours. Needless to say, we don't shop together.

Comment

I. Hate. Shopping. With. The. Passion. Of. A. 1000. Blazing. Suns!!!

Anywho... I shop mostly online, except for pants and shoes cause I'm taller than the average female and I'm the width of a stick so either the pants is too short or too wide. And I have 2 different shoesizes depending on the shoes, although I have 2 pairs of exactly the same hiking boots except that one pair is one size bigger than the other yet they both fit perfectly.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Dunno how many of you have been watching the weather news from out here in the PNW, but Snowpocalypse 2020 is upon us! And we're snowed in. We stocked enough food for about 2 weeks.

I have only one purse, which is black, so I guess I should have worn the black shoes. Oops. Purse shopping is another thing I don't do. I use the same one over and over until I wear it out.
                            That's why I mentioned belts. My everyday purse is black, but I wear brown shoes all the time. I just add a brown belt. And then sometimes I just don't care. SR is right, the "rules" have changed from what they were when we were kids.

Yikes, you are right! The worst has to be bathing suit shopping.
                            *shudders* Fortunately (depending on how you look at it), I don't swim, so I don't buy bathing suits.

I once had a guy take me on a date to go window shopping. He probably thought he was being an awesome guy, doing something the woman would love. But I was like "ok, what do you need in this store?" I shop like a stereotypical man - get what I came in for, and leave. My family laughs at how I shop. I make up my mind in like 30 seconds, then I leave. My sister can debate which shirt to buy for 3 hours. Needless to say, we don't shop together.
                            I shop the same way! Though I do window shop sometimes...for books. And Halloween decorations. But not clothes.

Comment

Good luck with Snowpocalypse, SK! Reply with quote is not cooperating, but probably just as well as there were a lot of posts about fandom talks IRL and shoes I think I'm lucky enough to have lots of high level fan geeks in my work and personal circle, but yes, when you start quoting and talking facts and history it can get away from me. I have to watch myself. Any conversations that lean towards shipping I stay away from, especially when they think ship is always 100% some kind of boat or spaceship.

I'm pretty minimalistic these days with my wardrobe and shoes and bags. You should see my closet- I have 1/4 of a pretty small master bedroom closet, it's not a walk in, and my DH has 3/4. I am particular though. I'll buy less things with better quality (on clearance). Like SK I'll invest in the good shoes for comfort and last forever. I have the Merrell hiking boots, some good everyday waterproof boots, sneakers and Birkenstock Mayari. Like FH I hate shopping (unless its a bookstore). I have been upgrading my outerwear as I've been able to. Waterproof everything! It's a lifesaver when hiking and traveling. Purses are murder on my shoulder no matter how lightly I pack, and I have a tiny, card holder wallet, phone and Chapstick. I'm a wimp, I guess. I've been living out of a backpack purse and loving it.

On TV news, I started watching a new Netflix show called Virgin Falls and it has three Stargate Alumni (Teryl Rothery, Lexa Doig, Michael Shanks. None are the leads). It also has Martin Henderson and Annette O'Toole. I seriously only started watching the show because of the photo of the beautiful scenery, the cast was a total surprise. Just renewed for another season.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I guess I'm the only girly girl in here because I love all the things you people hate. But that's okay by me. I'm the one who has ¾ of the closet plus the guest room closet and several racks of clothes in the basement that Mr. SR calls my department store. You never know. I might just be a size 6 again and if I am I'll have clothes for it. Presently, I am saving up for a new purse. I'm very particular about those. It has to have the right number of pockets, not be stiff or too heavy, yet large enough for my iPad and be comfortable to carry over my shoulder. My DIL is partial to Tory Burch and there's an outlet near where she and my son live, so I'm saving gift cards. I may have enough after my birthday in Feb. This will be the last purse I ever buy. I mean it. She may be thinking that it will be hers after I'm gone. She has a gray one, so I'll probably get the black. I'm just thoughtful that way.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X