Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd keep Fury off screen except when Sam Jackson was available if this show is supposed to happen in the same universe as the movies. If this is a different universe then I'd like to see 616 version of Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
      I'd keep Fury off screen except when Sam Jackson was available if this show is supposed to happen in the same universe as the movies. If this is a different universe then I'd like to see 616 version of Fury.
      Maybe do it in a Charlie's Angels style? Fury just being a voice on the other end of a phoneline.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        Maybe do it in a Charlie's Angels style? Fury just being a voice on the other end of a phoneline.
        Would work for me. They could have some mid level agent be directly in charge of the team and then only use Fury in reference or over the phone. Considering Jacksons philosophy toward work he shouldn't be difficult to get for some voice work.

Comment

Or if push comes to shove, hire Terrence C. Carson who voices Mace Windu in "Star Wars: The Clone Wars".
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I'm not sure what else the actress might be doing, but maybe Maria Hill could be the person the main characters get their missions from.

Comment

If any of you guys are playing Avengers Alliance on Facebook, feel free to add me as an ally.
              sigpic

Comment

Sound like a cool concept, I hope Joss learnt a few lessons from his last two tv shows, of other wise this will be at most a 2 season show.

I suspect they will do this Alias style, with special powers kept to an absolute minimum, along with shield flying aircraft carrier and Samuel Jackson.

Comment

Joss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. character details revealed

ABC’s forthcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, currently being created by one Mr Joss Whedon, has whipped fandom up into what’s known in medical circles as a right old state. In short: we're excited

Since the news arrived that a pilot episode was on its way, little has been known about the in-development show; until now that is. Below, courtesy of TV Line, are the casting descriptions for five S.H.I.E.L.D. characters:

SKYE | This late-20s woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident – with an ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm.

AGENT GRANT WARD | Quite the physical specimen and “cool under fire,” he sometimes botches interpersonal relations. He’s a quiet one with a bit of a temper, but he’s the kind of guy that grows on you.

AGENT ALTHEA RICE | Also known as “The Calvary,” this hard-core soldier has crazy skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her very quiet and a little damaged.

AGENT LEO FITZ and AGENT JEMMA SIMMONS | These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other’s company. Their sibling-like relationship is reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies – she deals with biology and chemistry, he’s a whiz at the technical side of weaponry.

Source
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

From the sounds of it the series won't feature any Avengers or super-power types. I wonder if we will see Nick Fury or if this series is meant to be completely standalone other than the fact that it takes place in the same Marvel universe.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds all very Mission: Impossible to me.
                      sigpic

Comment

So what is this show about? Features SHIELD, set in the same creative world as the Marvel cinematic movies such as The Avengers. OK, we've got a continuity and an organization, but no plot. Anyone know?

Comment

Coulson will be in this show
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

I hope that he will be the main character on the show and not just used in the first episode to set up the team.

Comment

It is being said in various articles that he will be the main character

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                                I hope that he will be the main character on the show and not just used in the first episode to set up the team.
                                I actually would like Nick Fury to be the main character, but i dont think they would be able to get samual l jackson for the whole series but i can accept coulson as main character
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X