MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
    I'll believe it when a network is announced.
    When it airs... not before.

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
    It'd be difficult for them to start writing or even filming anything now due to the COVID-19 situation. Stargate is a show that requires coreograqphers, stunt actors, makeup etc.. That's a whole a lot of people. MGM is probably delaying to submit any info back to Brad since nobody wants to be responsible for someone getting infected or even work under the current outbreak situation and potentially, end up giving their lives for it just so we could see the adventures of an SG team on-screen. To risk everybody's safety and well-being because of making a goup of main 4-5 fictional characters using a space portal just isn't worth it.
    Legends of Tomorrow, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Leverage 2.0, Ryan Reynolds new work, David Hewlett new work, Claire Rankin's auditioning (albeit through video-calls)... They're all either back at work, or gearing up to do so. They all have to get tested or be quarantined for 10 to 14 days before getting on set.

Believe me, corona ain't stopping anyone from going back to work right now.

Robert Pattinson's Batman had a small hick-up after his positive test but right back on "track" after his 2-week quarantine.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Believe me, corona ain't stopping anyone from going back to work right now.
      It's stopping plenty of people. Some studios have decided to resume shooting, others have not, and while governments at the local and national level may allow productions to resume if certain guidelines are met, others don't. Securing insurance is another major obstacle that's preventing many productions from going forward.

The U.K. published guidelines allowing production to resume at the end of May, and they established an insurance fund at the end of July for the TV and film industry, enabling productions that run into COVID relayed expenses (like having to shut down because their star gets sick) to claim compensation. As a consequence, a number of productions were able to restart or move there, but there are still plenty of U.K. productions that have not.

Other countries throughout Europe have also been reopening their film industries, and some American productions have been moving to Canada from the United States, but they've been doing so because of difficulties reopening in places like Los Angeles and New York. Productions that can't relocate are out of luck at the moment, and securing insurance in Canada is rather difficult. Productions that began filming before the pandemic already had insurance and because of that they can resume if they want to as long as they adhere to certain safety guidelines. Securing funding for new productions is very difficult. Some large production companies are able to use in-house insurance policies to support big budget projects, and Quebec has a public fund to support the film industry, but only so many productions can take advantage of it at a time. Only when one production ends do the funds become available for another production to take advantage of.

A lot of smaller productions throughout Canada (and in a lot of other parts of the world) that want to start filming now cannot get the insurance they need because insurance companies are writing COVID exceptions into their policies that make it impossible to get insurance to cover COVID related expenses. There's been debate about starting government-backed insurance for the film industry like the ones that exist in the U.K., France, etc., but I've seen nothing to indicate that there's been any progress toward that end in the last few weeks.

Consequently, the Canadian film industry continues to be in a lot of pain, with a lot of smaller Canadian studios expected to go bankrupt if they can't restart before 2021, and with a lot of people out of work because so many new productions cannot go forward right now.

Don't let a few high profile, big budget projects and assorted others that are benefiting from a particular fund in a certain location, had insurance already because they started filming before the pandemic, etc., fool you; there are serious obstacles preventing a lot of people in the film industry from working right now.

Comment

FH: Yay, you are back! I was worried where you have been.

There was something on the GW's twitter that they will do something big from next week. I doubt that there will be some announcement rather I would expect some rewatch articles series or something.

And even if we could get a greenlight for the new SG show / miniseries / cross-over movie, I doubt it can have a premiere before next summer or autumn in 2021.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          FH: Yay, you are back! I was worried where you have been.
          I was on vacation without my laptop/tablet -- roadtripping. No decent internet connections and not always connection to electricity to charge the batteries for the electronic equipment.

I'm also busy with the new house so expect not seeing me around all that much in the coming month, not until we're fully moved anyway. After that, I'll probably be back more.

Comment

And two months after that she'll go back to rewatching
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, her new house is more important. It will be a different feeling to rewatch the show in a settled new living room.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

There were some gossips that MGM wanted to sell the latest James Bond movie called "No time to die" for 600 million dollars for the Netflix or the Apple. The negotiations have failed, so it looks like there will be a cinematical premiere instead of streaming one in 2021 April. This is an insane amount of money in comparsion I have also heard it has cost 250 million dollars + 100million dollars for marketing. I am just wondering how much money will they ask for the complete Epix library as until that moment no new Stargate will be announced.

Comment

Any new news?

Comment

I have read somewhere that MGM is at the edge of bankruptcy again as they have invested too much money into the last James Bond movie and then the Covid has ruined the premiere. So I am guessing they desperately need to sell out the movies and tv shows in the Epix library, so they won't announce anything until the new owner is revealed after the negotiations.

Comment

The financial reports of MGM Studios -- freely available on their investors website.

Comment

Why is the SG part of the forum so dead and abadonned? There haven't been posts for days. It feels scarry like I have flooded the threads.

Comment

That's probably because nothing new was rumored and/or officially announced. Anyone who was involved with Stargate in the past is probably taking a break now and focusing on other things during this pandemic. Just like everyone else's mind is set on the same track, it seems that Stargate is the least of everyone's worries.

Besides, the virus is still very strong and the medical workers around the world are havig a hell keeping it at least under control as much as possible. Believe me, dealing with what's the future of sci-fi TV shows is the least of everyone's concern right now.

Comment

I am a pharmacist, so I count as a healthcare professional. Just it feels like people have moved on and there is nothing left to talk about until the new show. So sad.

Comment

New interviews are being posted on Dialing the Gate on youtube and there's Hathor Hosts, where the Hathor actress interviews other folks and a good bit from Stargate.

Comment

Why is the SG part of the forum so dead and abadonned? There haven't been posts for days. It feels scarry like I have flooded the threads.
                                Because I moved house and haven't had the time to go back to my rewatch... sorry about that.

Though I agree, it's very quiet but that's to be expected. A show that hasn't been on air, or isn't currently being rerun somewhere rarely has an active fandom.

I am a pharmacist, so I count as a healthcare professional. Just it feels like people have moved on and there is nothing left to talk about until the new show. So sad.
                                Bingo!

Comment

Working...
                                X