No announcement yet.

Point of No Return (411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not fond of Martin Lloyd, I find him boring and annoying.
    sigpic
    Sign by me

Comment

I liked this episode and thought it was a good send up of conspiracy nuts. I only had a few questions about it.

First: Why did SG-1 conduct a warrant-less search on Marty's house? I realize that they didn't want to reveal details of the SGC to a judge who would have to approve it, but I would think that the fact that Marty was making semi-threatening phone calls to a USAF base, directed towards specific officers, would be probable cause enough to get some kind of warrant.

Second: Was Marty reading NID web forums, and if so, are they hiding them in plain sight on places similar to Above Top Secret or other conspiracy websites? The advantage to doing that would be to create a degree of plausible deniability.

Comment

I really don't have a lot of "meat" to offer up regarding this episode. Only that Teal'c wins at life.

MAGIC FINGERS!!!

Comment

So season four started off with Sam having "fluffy" hair and in the episode before this one [Beneath the Surface] she is back to short hair.

Daniel wanted doughnuts.

"Sounds like a good idea for a TV show" (Jack)

Magnets.

Teal'c and the hotel bed

Poor Marty.

Good episode.
          sigpic

Comment

Poor Marty, but at least he was vindicated in the end. Cool episode, and it was weird to see the guy who played Doral on BSG again. He looked just the same as an alien in hiding.
            sigpic

Comment

Was the grass in Marty's hair a gag? Was it intentional from the beginning, accidentally happened and they rolled with it, or completely accidental?

Comment

8/10

I thought the humor worked very well. I was disappointed, but not surprised, to see more advanced technology lost. I assume that SGC never bothered searching that planet for any remnants.

I'm not a big fan of formula TV shows and SG-1 really seemed to stick with the formula of finding NO TECH in the early seasons. I prefer the major plot related episodes.
                Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Decent, quite funny but the humour is hit-and-miss for me. Martin Lloyd flits between great and a bit annoying for me. My favourite episode with him was '200', and I thought 'Wormhole X-Treme' was pretty bad. This one falls squarely in the middle of those two. A nice X-Files vibe to the whole thing, good to see Matthew Bennet from BSG in an earlier role.

I enjoy the first half of the episode a lot more than the second. The jokes are better, and once Martin's alien friends appear they make the whole thing a bit dull. My favourite line is probably Daniels, "That's a duck, isn't it?"

This episode also wins the award for most boring commentary track so far. Wow. (But at least it doesn't have James Tichenor constantly going, "Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm.")

RATING: 7.5 out of 10
                  Last edited by LeftHandedGuitarist; 04 November 2011, 06:29 AM.
                  Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                    I liked this episode and thought it was a good send up of conspiracy nuts. I only had a few questions about it.

First: Why did SG-1 conduct a warrant-less search on Marty's house? I realize that they didn't want to reveal details of the SGC to a judge who would have to approve it, but I would think that the fact that Marty was making semi-threatening phone calls to a USAF base, directed towards specific officers, would be probable cause enough to get some kind of warrant.

Second: Was Marty reading NID web forums, and if so, are they hiding them in plain sight on places similar to Above Top Secret or other conspiracy websites? The advantage to doing that would be to create a degree of plausible deniability.
                    SG probably has some overarching opt out like other secret agencies - theres probably some unseen bureaucratic process involving forms in triplicate that have to be signed off by Hamond
                    ----------------------------
                    You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Tuesday night and another ep of SG1...

1. He goes on like this for quite some time...

2. Teal'c did seem to enjoy that bed...

3. Marty tripping over the ship.

4. That sort of explosion is going to get people's attention...

Decent ep.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

One of my least favourite episodes. I never liked Martin Lloyd. The episode has some funny parts to it, especially undercover Teal'c, or should I say Murry? I like how he finds amusement out of the oddest things - vibrating bed, his smile was priceless. Other than a few pieces here and there, the episode wasn't good.

Did anyone else notice that the cookie monster was one of the alien paraphernalia in Martin's house?
                        Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

MARTIN: A top secret government program involving instantaneous travel to other solar systems by means of a device known as a Stargate!

O'NEILL: Sounds like a good idea for a TV show…if you're into that sort of thing!

I like this one, even though Martin can grate on the nerves a bit, he is still a personable guy. I love the idea of an alien being an alien conspiracy nut!!!

Comment

Great and funny episode.

Loved the Jack meta line "That would make a good TV Show." Also, any scene with Teal'c in it was awesome.

Stuff from the commentary:
                            • Joe and Paul (finally) do a commentary
                            • They note how creative the costume department is when Teal'c goes out in the public
                            • When we first see the inside of Martin's house, the magnifying glass on the aliens was an idea of Will Waring

Tomorrow, Jack and Teal'c try out Earth's new space-based ship, and absolutely nothing goes wrong .
                            sigpic

Comment

I prefer Martin's other two episodes, (yeah, I like the funny ones ) but you can have them without this one, of course.

My LiveJournal post
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I love it! Funny and very X-File- ish.
                                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Working...
                                X