Terra Nova (Fox) - News/Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Well, it'd be sortta pointless to say I like SciFi...but my viewing isn't limited to just science fiction. Glee is sortta my mindless show...whereas other shows I watch require a little brain power.
    That was not meant to be a slight. I have diverse tastes too, Glee is just not one of mine.
    Again the bigger picture is that this could really and truly be the death of Scifi in any form on network TV for a long time to come.
    Posting at.............
    http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Is that River show considered SciFi? I've never watched it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        Is that River show considered SciFi? I've never watched it.
        Not sure, but I heard that Alcatraz is not doing well either. The big budget shows are dropping like flies. Any good Scifi show is most likely going to have to be big budget.
        Posting at.............

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
          Not sure, but I heard that Alcatraz is not doing well either. The big budget shows are dropping like flies. Any good Scifi show is most likely going to have to be big budget.
          Hmmm...that's sad to hear. I've not looked at the ratings of Alcatraz...but I do like the show.
          sigpic

Comment

Alcatraz is doing worse then Terra Nova
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Alcatraz is getting worse ratings, but it probably isn't as expensive, so that might help it a bit(hopefully anyway); I like the show.

The River is a supernatual/horror mockumentary type show. I like it too, but it also probably won't get a second season.
              sigpic

Comment

I watched an episode or two (Terra Nova) at the beginning but didn't care for it and quit. Most shows have a few episides to get viewers to care enough to keep watching or they are toast (especially ones very heavy in expensive F/X). If the show was cheap and had decent ratings they would have given it a chance. This is why cheap reality shows are still the rage.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown_k View Post
                  I watched an episode or two (Terra Nova) at the beginning but didn't care for it and quit. Most shows have a few episides to get viewers to care enough to keep watching or they are toast (especially ones very heavy in expensive F/X). If the show was cheap and had decent ratings they would have given it a chance. This is why cheap reality shows are still the rage.
                  Terra Nova got much much better. Too bad most did not give it a chance to do so.
                  Posting at.............

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
                    Terra Nova got much much better. Too bad most did not give it a chance to do so.
                    Thats the crutch and hinderance of most serialized TV. It starts up slow and builds a foundation to set the momentum for the show. But that foundation takes too long and bores me. Its why episodic TV is more common.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Thats the crutch and hinderance of most serialized TV. It starts up slow and builds a foundation to set the momentum for the show. But that foundation takes too long and bores me. Its why episodic TV is more common.
                      I agree and I wish that they could actually write a show that is interesting from the beginning like Lost or Fringe everytime. I also wish the writers could write an entire season and that they did not change nights on TV shows at whim. This is the environment we live in now, so if more people adjusted, more of these shows might have stood a chance.
                      Posting at.............

Comment

Netflix passes on picking up TN for season 2
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I am so surprised
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Terra Nova Returns as a motion comic

Not the return we were hoping for but maybe a little closure.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                              Terra Nova Returns as a motion comic

Not the return we were hoping for but maybe a little closure.
                              Meh
                              sigpic

Comment

******* myself...

I saw the whole series on Netflix and decided "Why not, I only gave it two or three episodes"...

The last half really sucked me in. The finale...damn you Fox...damn you.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X