X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI
    just encase any body does'nt know what I mean

Comment

Really looking forward to it (see my sig), i love these starting over, no tech stories.

Comment

I fear for this show, while it DOES look good I fear this may end up getting canned just like every other new scripted NBC show of the past two years besides Grimm. JJ Abrams and Eric Kripkie do make a good pairing.

Still I don't see this living past Season One unless there's some ratings mirical, it will start off high al al The Event and slide drstically.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
          I fear for this show, while it DOES look good I fear this may end up getting canned just like every other new scripted NBC show of the past two years besides Grimm. JJ Abrams and Eric Kripkie do make a good pairing.

Still I don't see this living past Season One unless there's some ratings mirical, it will start off high al al The Event and slide drstically.
          I sadly have to agree. Look at its competition. It will be competing against Hawaii 5-0 and Castle. Two shows that have proven to be good shows in ratings context
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Finally got round to watching the trailer for this.

So basically it's Survivors but about electricity. Hmmmm. I'm not very impressed by the trailer (a sword? Puhleese ). I may give it a go if it comes to the UK.

Edit - Why did they have to show so much in this trailer. Wouldn't the bit about the necklace be better as a surprise?
            Last edited by Blencathra; 19 June 2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Everyone said Grimm would fail.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                Everyone said Grimm would fail.
                Not me, it essentially a copy of other successful shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural. Also supernatural is all the rage at the moment, if I picked the new show most likely to succeed last year and get a second season, Grimm would have been clear favourite.

Once Upon a Time was the surprise success story, only Pixar have had any success reinventing fair tale stories for the modern world, with several flops at the cincema when if come to doing the same with real life actors. Also the format of Once upon a Time does not really fit the standard supernatural format.

When you take in shows such a Haven, The Fades, all of which have enjoy critical and audience success, both shows stood a good chance of succeeding.

Whiles Revolution, is copying Jericho and Jeremiah, Survivors all cancelled shows. I also following of from Alcatraz , a JJ Abram flop from last year.
                Last edited by knowles2; 19 June 2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  Not me, it essentially a copy of other successful shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural. Also supernatural is all the rage at the moment, if I picked the new show most likely to succeed last year and get a second season, Grimm would have been clear favourite.
                  Its not a copy of those shows. What is it these days with peoples inability to look beyond aesthetics. Do i have to bring the whole two red cars does not equal two Ferraris thing again?

Once Upon a Time was the surprise success story, only Pixar have had any success reinventing fair tale stories for the modern world, with several flops at the cincema when if come to doing the same with real life actors. Also the format of Once upon a Time does not really fit the standard supernatural format.
                  Grimm is a reinvention/sort of retelling of fairy tales aswell...

And Revolution is not copying those other shows. Please see the show first before making those accusations. Especially since those other shows didnt invent the whole post apocalyptic thing, and can be said to be copying others. At least we've actually seen those.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                    Its not a copy of those shows. What is it these days with peoples inability to look beyond aesthetics. Do i have to bring the whole two red cars does not equal two Ferraris thing again?
                    I was just commenting on why I thought Grimm stood a good chance of succeeding before it even aired, an why I thought Once upon a time was a slightly bigger risk of failure than Grimm was.

Grimm does heavily borrowed from Supernatural and BTVS

I am also pretty sure Buffy the Vampire and Supernatural structures and type of characters it employed also took inspiration from past TV shows.

So yes Grimm on the surface look like it copied a lot from two successful shows and that why I thought it was going to be a success story, plus the whole supernatural type stories just cant seem to flop at the moment, also counted towards the show. While Revolution on the surface seem to copy alot from shows which have been a failure, which is why I am predicting failure.

Will I be right again, may be may be not. If the show was on cable, I would be giving it a much higher chance of surviving its first season, at the moment it less than 40%.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 21 June 2012, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Still hoping a US network picks up this show, but I'm going to have to check it out at some point.
                      sigpic

Comment

NBC is a US network....
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          NBC is a US network....
                          Having NBC pick up shows like this isn't always a good thing either. Their ratings expectations are simply too high for some of these types of shows.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                            Still hoping a US network picks up this show, but I'm going to have to check it out at some point.
                            Ummmm...last time I checked...NBC was (and as far as I know) still a US network.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Their ratings expectations are simply too high for some of these types of shows.
                              But can you blame them really, they really need that one ratings hit to revive their network and they're willing to put their bets (promotion, involvement, airing) on anything that might garner ratings; even if it fails in the end.
                              Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                                But can you blame them really, they really need that one ratings hit to revive their network and they're willing to put their bets (promotion, involvement, airing) on anything that might garner ratings; even if it fails in the end.
                                I totally get what you are saying. I have just been on the bad end of a lot of those failures. I have liked a lot of shows they have canned over the years.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X