No announcement yet.

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More interesting revelations tonight....nice!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

So here in the UK, as we're playing catch up, we've got some good things to look forward to watching...?
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

For those interested, here is a complete list of 18-49 demo ratings:

01x01: ''Pilot'' - 4.1
        01x02: ''Chained Heat'' - 3.4
        01x03: ''No Quarter'' - 3.2
        01x04: ''The Plague Dogs'' - 3.0
        01x05: ''Soul Train'' - 3.3
        01x06: ''Sex and Drugs'' - 3.0
        01x07: ''The Children's Crusade'' - 2.8
        01x08: ''Ties That Bind'' - 2.6
        01x09: ''Kashmir'' - 2.6
        01x10: ''Nobody's Fault But Mine'' - 2.9
        01x11: ''The Stand'' - 2.6
        01x12: ''Ghosts'' - 2.2
        01x13: ''The Song Remains The Same'' - 2.2
        01x14: ''The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia'' - 2.2
        =====================================
        Will update if episode 14 is either adjusted up or down, but all in all the show seems pretty stable and ranks as the highest rated new drama on NBC which in itself is renewal worthy.

Comment

Looking at the list that Homer 120 has posted it looks like we're up to about episode 4 or 5 here in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
            Looking at the list that Homer 120 has posted it looks like we're up to about episode 4 or 5 here in the UK.
            I think we are, watched it on Sky1 one night thinking it was a new episode only to find out that it was the Pilot! Why have Sky waited so long to air it?

Comment

I don't know why Sky took so long to air it on Sky 1.
              But it could have something to do with 'licencing' rights to the show.

Which is a little odd as they show several shows on their channels that air a day before they show them.

Comment

The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia
                Spoiler:
                I don't know if that title is accurate but it's accurate at describing one thing; that we're going to be going outside the borders of the Monroe Republic, to new and exciting places. Okay we're going to one new place but it's still an exciting place nonetheless.

As like before Miles, Charlie and that girl are on that mission but it's made more interesting by the fact that there's a life & death conundrum on their hands that may be hard to find. I loved how they get you used to the city of Georgia, the city which honestly looks absolutely beautiful from the first time you set your eyes on it. It actually makes you feel like they need to save the town, that they just have to save everyone inside and this town is saveworthy from the innovations they've managed to done to the unique architecture that promotes good-living. This is furthered by the characters and let me just say that they're unique from the woman leader to the long-tenured friend who's been trained about everything by a certain someone.

I have to give props to him by the way, he managed to sell his role well with conviction and grace; the upmost loyalty of the republic, the wearisome behavior that tilts more to the aggressive, even the slang he used was good. He definitely felt like a threat throughout the episode and even though it was using the time honored "set up the good times between him and wait for the fight to happen so that we can contrast their friendship" bit that was used earlier in Revolution, we managed to feel for him nonetheless. He's just so ruthless, so willing to do his mission, so willing to be loyal to the Monroe republic.

Conviction.

It's rare when an episode of Revolution manages to grab you by the horns and never let go; in fact it hasn't happened at all so as to see me actually be invested in what's going on is nice. Everywhere you look there's tense music and tons of close up camera angles that manages to always show just what the pace is; it's clear that these people are rushing to find what that thing is and they're unsure whether they're going to find the thing or not. Adding to that are the detours such as the faceoffs with people of a higher power, the furthering of Miles' character through second-hand dialog and the tense chase scenes that definately have action and definitely have ton of locals to spare.

This episode also has something special going on in that they manage to add a certain complication to a plot device which is supposed to be simplistic (ie. the bugs turning the power off.), there are lives of certain people that you have to think about, it's not just turn off the bugs and get the power back on, there are certain consequences that you have to face; should you care about one person or should you care about the world not being in chaos anymore. This is something that is bound to have Revolution growing like crazy and it's future episodes becoming better and better by the second. Now you may think that the fact that they're going outside may make the episode into an instant Revolution classic but here comes the shocker, it doesn't.

Face to face.

Part of the problem is that they don't explore the city much; sure, we're given glimpses of what Atlanta and the rest of Georgia is like but they don't go farther with it. It's like "we'll just show them a few steam cars and a couple of untarnished buildings and the rest will be implied." It takes a lot of heat off of what is supposed to be a tense situation and it sort of leads to that resulting situation being a letdown; additionally, the Monroe republic never felt like a real threat throughout the episode, while you are enjoying yourself a lot more this time around, you'll always fall victim to the fact that they will manage to deactivate the bomb in the episode and save the people; despite the attempts to make them seem as grand and unstoppable as possible.

Still, it's a good episode because of Georgia itself; we finally get to see what's outside of the Monroe republic, I know that I've chatted about what people could do, the types of things they could of done and it makes us more curious as to what's out there. There are people who just have to wonder what they're doing over at California. With the showing of Georgia, it shows that the show is willing to go past it's limits and become creative and if it continues at this pace than this could be the defining episode of Revolution where things finally get better, where it isn't just the same old same old.

So is it a must see for you? Well I would have to say no but it is good, it's tense, it's inviting, it's entertaining and it has everything that you might like; however, notable flaws drag this to the ground. You're not going to get the massive revelation that you've been expecting, you're not going to get the exploration of other cultures and you're definitely not going to get the threat that the Monroe republic represent. Still, you have to admire it for going outside of the box right?
                7.0/10
                Back from the grave.

Comment

I'm really loving this show. I must admit when I saw the premiere I thought Danny was gonna be a weakling. I glad I was wrong about him
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                    I don't know why Sky took so long to air it on Sky 1.
                    But it could have something to do with 'licencing' rights to the show.

Which is a little odd as they show several shows on their channels that air a day before they show them.
                    Possibly due to the three month break they had in the USA, or they were just waiting to see how the numbers were, trying to guage the likelyhood of cancellation. If I were Sky I'd be a little shy on buying new stuff from NBC/SyFy, it's not like they have a rosy reputation for supporting new shows.

Generally the same day/week stuff they show comes from another Sky/Fox company, not a rival.
                    Last edited by Ian-S; 26 April 2013, 04:12 PM.

Comment

In a move that surprises no one, Revoution has a S2.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Wow, a show thats actually good gets past season 1. Wonders will never cease
                        sigpic

Comment

That's great news. About season 2 that is...

Comment

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Season 2. In YOUR face, haters!

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                              Heh ... I can not remember the last time I got to say that, it's been that long since a new show I was rooting for got a second season.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                                Haters? Have I missed something?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X