Stargate Superdrive - Tweet Storms - December 6th & January 25/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Depening on where your friend was located, I can tell you that from the list of countries available on Tweeples, only France and Australia managed to accomplish that.

The USA stranded on number 2.
    He's in Washington, DC

Comment

Given that Joe is essentially a retired writer of a sci-fi show 20 years old, I'd say hitting ANYTHING trending was worth it.

We want more stargate, but the question is, what does MGM want.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I have read a few comments here and there. It is nice to see how many people love this franchise.

Let's see if anything happens on MGM side, but I am still sceptical. I still believe it should be a monthly or quaterly feature if we want to push them.

You know what would be better than a 4th series? If they would announce a 5th as well.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

https://deadline.com/2019/12/we-want...ow-1202802993/

https://josephmallozzi.com/2019/12/0...ate-tweestorm/
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It was fun while it was running, but then the next day, the clown running the @StargateNow account felt the need to hop on Twitter and snidely berate people who tweeted 'wrong.' Really turned something fun into a sour taste in the mouth.

The tweets have since been deleted, but they were enough. I'd love new Stargate on TV, but as long as that a-hole is leading the charge to try to publicize that desire, I will not be participating in any further initiatives.
            Last edited by DigiFluid; 08 December 2019, 10:07 AM.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

What has happened? Has somebody mentioned the "extension" word again?

It was nice to see such concept art from JM, what I haven't seen before. They should release them in a book version.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                What has happened? Has somebody mentioned the "extension" word again?
                Not sure what you meant by that, and since the offending tweets have been deleted, I can't paste direct quotes, but it was a series of comments to the effect of

"despite asking you to only do x, people didn't listen"
                "x number of people did y, we know who you are"
                "we told you not to do this, but you didn't listen so we got [marginally less] traction than last time"
                "some of you don't have your location turned on, so you screwed up the metrics"

After getting really called out hard in the replies, they deleted the offending tweets and instead commented "Decided to delete all the posts that are causing people to get upset. Me trying to explain why it is important is not going over well, so I'm going to stop" -- again, pointing fingers at others like they're the problem in this equation. (Never mind that the original condescending tweets didn't bother to 'explain' anything, they were just accusatory, and 'explanations' were only offered defensively in replies calling this account out).

I have no idea who's running the account, but they really showed their true colours after the "tweet storm," and it's not someone I'm interested in associating with ever again.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I was worried they have started a flame about the SG:C app again. Thanks for the explanation. I have never been active on Twitter, so I am sorry if I have sounded a bit noob and unexperienced.

Maybe MGM should have bee tagged as well. It is nice they have added BW and JM, but thy are not in deciding position as only MGM can make such move.

Comment

And for those who can read French - which, for the record, is not me - there is also this article. Sure, I can't read it. But I'll take what I can get.

https://www.unificationfrance.com/ar...4.html?lang=fr
                    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Not sure what you meant by that, and since the offending tweets have been deleted, I can't paste direct quotes, but it was a series of comments to the effect of

"despite asking you to only do x, people didn't listen"
                      "x number of people did y, we know who you are"
                      "we told you not to do this, but you didn't listen so we got [marginally less] traction than last time"
                      "some of you don't have your location turned on, so you screwed up the metrics"

After getting really called out hard in the replies, they deleted the offending tweets and instead commented "Decided to delete all the posts that are causing people to get upset. Me trying to explain why it is important is not going over well, so I'm going to stop" -- again, pointing fingers at others like they're the problem in this equation. (Never mind that the original condescending tweets didn't bother to 'explain' anything, they were just accusatory, and 'explanations' were only offered defensively in replies calling this account out).

I have no idea who's running the account, but they really showed their true colours after the "tweet storm," and it's not someone I'm interested in associating with ever again.
                      I agree, it was very uncalled for and to be quite honest, very unprofessional. When I was reading them I questioned for a minute if this person was legitimate or not. Yes, I’m sure it was frustrating, but people showed up regardless, you should be praising that, not throwing a hissy fit over it.
                      Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

It was fun while it was running, but then the next day, the clown running the @StargateNow account felt the need to hop on Twitter and snidely berate people who tweeted 'wrong.' Really turned something fun into a sour taste in the mouth.

The tweets have since been deleted, but they were enough. I'd love new Stargate on TV, but as long as that a-hole is leading the charge to try to publicize that desire, I will not be participating in any further initiatives.
                        The "team" may have deleted several posts, but here's the one about the 9 -- yes NINE -- people who (accidently) started tweeting the hashtag minutes too early.

I, especially, liked how this reply says it all (and I had a different one in mind that would have been less "polite"):

"Could this kind of analysis not have waited until the run up to the next event/tweet storm? Now is the time for thanking people for participating not alienating people by telling them off. I understand certain things upset the algorithm but you can't change that."
                        By @nendimagination

Add to that the wonderful hole they have been digging themselves into talking about how "...only France trended..." last time they did a tweetstorm which included most of Europe, and basically told the Europeans that we're simply not good enough cause we can't make it trend. They only care about "winning" the trend. Should see their numbers posts...

Maybe it should be pointed out to them that North-America is responsible for the cancellation of Stargate Universe.

I have to say after Tom going off his rockers and now this -- hell no, I'm giving them a third chance to make up for their entitled bullcrap. They've been acting hostile before the storm and they apparently continue to do so after it.

It was nice to see such concept art from JM, what I haven't seen before. They should release them in a book version.
                        That would be cool.

It's run by few different people as a team.

Anywho... I've been eyeing their behavior in the last couple of days, like I said above, and they have made a very disrespectful impression towards fans that are not favorable to the cause. Hate to break it to them, but it's not us who have to keep a potential new show alive, and I have no qualms pointing that out to them next time I come across to their whinings.

Not gonna block them, but not gonna follow again either.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh I see. Thanks for the extra infos as I couldn't really follow what is going on. I am guessing this Stargate Now must be connected some producers / SG:C leadership so they feel encouraged to act like moderators.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of some poor attitude from the guy running Stargate_Now. Obviously it's understandable to want everyone to be doing it "right" so it counts towards the goal, but as with everything you've got to deal with it in a mature and reasonable manner. Sorry to hear he didn't do that and has tarnished the efforts.

Unfortunately I didn't get involved due to the timezone issues, but I'm glad it has done so well and got the Deadline mention. Again, we're waiting for MGM to make the next move.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Oh I see. Thanks for the extra infos as I couldn't really follow what is going on. I am guessing this Stargate Now must be connected some producers / SG:C leadership so they feel encouraged to act like moderators.
                              Not directly but they do have the Mallozzi blessings...

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                              Again, we're waiting for MGM to make the next move.
                              As I didn't see a single post, mention or anything else from @StargateCommand, I doubt MGM's gonna be acknowledging the storm.

I'm rather inclined to say that if North-America doesn't get an acknowledgement, it's pointless to do a second one in January with the audience that is mostly just along for the ride.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thousand of fans were tweeting, but less than a dozent fans have bothered to show up here on GateWorld. I believe it is a bit sad that this forum is so abadonned.

Comment

Working...
                                X