No announcement yet.

Terra Nova Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds too expensive for anyone else to bother with.

Comment

I find the guy to be wrong but the analogy is so awesome to avoid not sharing

Terra Nova is analogous to the Hubble Space Telescope. Within weeks of a much publicized and ballyhooed launch in 1990, the Hubble was found to have a serious flaw. Yet even with an improperly ground mirror the Hubble delivered extraordinary images. When the flaw was corrected the Hubble delivered images of transcendent beauty and value for many years. So too Terra Nova. Even in it’s flawed first season each episode was full of marvelous moments and beautiful images. With correction, and given the chance, Terra Nova can and will deliver seasons of transcendent images and story-telling. Failing to renew Terra Nova is shortsighted, as myopic as it would have been to scrap the Hubble. Terra Nova is the Hubble Telescope of television.
      http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/terr...series-myopic/
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I tried to watch, but it was too boring. The characters were just boring, there was nothing engaging about anyone. You want to see a good show with fantastic creatures, watch SURFACE! It only lasted 15 episodes, but it was downright cinematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          I tried to watch, but it was too boring. The characters were just boring, there was nothing engaging about anyone. You want to see a good show with fantastic creatures, watch SURFACE! It only lasted 15 episodes, but it was downright cinematic.
          "fantastic" creatures and dinosaurs aren't the same... and I want my dinosaurs, though I did enjoy Surface a lot.

Comment

Perhaps, but they're the same to me. In Terra Nova, the dinosaurs are an inconvenience. In Surface, the sea monsters were the driving force of the show. That's what I found so disappointing about Terra Nova. It was a dinosaur show that wasn't about dinosaurs. Come on...

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
              That's what I found so disappointing about Terra Nova. It was a dinosaur show that wasn't about dinosaurs. Come on...
              someone said this before. oh that's right. it was me. since the 4th episode.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I find the guy to be wrong but the analogy is so awesome to avoid not sharing

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/terr...series-myopic/
                are you sure that's not an article from The Onion?
                no way that guy can be serious.

Comment

I think the problem of the show was a predictable and over used story line and not enough characters we could really care for, IMO.
                  sigpic

Comment

no the problem with the show was a poor antagonist.

it SHOULD have been the dinosaurs, and the alien world they were living. but it wasn't. it was some stupid dirty rebels and some uber-conspiracy.

making it all about humans doesn't always work. look at the transformers movies. why were there people in them? it made them so stupid.

Comment

It has to be about humans, otherwise why should the audience care? For me, the first Transformers was a great movie. The second movie fell apart with the stupid college humor, but the third was an improvement. My main beef with the two sequels was Shia's character. Each movie promised him a bright future, but each sequel started with him right back where he started. Why would he leave his transformer friends for college? Why would the NSA or whoever it was in the third movie not let him in? Stupid, stupid, stupid. As for Terra Nova, it's obvious. The threats should have come from dinosaurs, poisonous plants, disease, people growing desperate as future comforts wear thin, and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                        it was some stupid dirty rebels and some uber-conspiracy.
                        Thank god I tuned out within the third episode; otherwise I'd have to face that.
                        Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          No they didn't. The Internet just dilutes that perception due to the vast quanties of information we have acess to
                          Not really, there have been many Shows that have gotten a upgrade after 1 or 2 Season to fix what was wrong with them before and many times that worked like a charm. "Ellen" for example did a complete 180 after 2 Seasons and went on to have 3 more and a Spin-off. "Charmed" was as good as cancelled after 3 Seasons since Doherty rejected to work with the other Actors anymore and her replacement brought them 5 more Seasons. "The Big Bang Theory" wasnt like it is now in the beginning either. Sheldons knocking and Rajs dissability to talk to women was added a few Episodes in.

Terra Nova has not seen such finetuning, which is really a shame. I just mean the show could have been really good if the writers would have gotten a chance to correct the mistakes they made in the first Season. Centering the Story on the Family kind of was a bad move for example since Teenage angst doesnt seem to be liked at all anymore.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                            Terra Nova has not seen such finetuning, which is really a shame. I just mean the show could have been really good if the writers would have gotten a chance to correct the mistakes they made in the first Season. Centering the Story on the Family kind of was a bad move for example since Teenage angst doesnt seem to be liked at all anymore.
                            It was a terrible idea to start with. The focus of the show should have been on dinosaurs and how the humans are struggling to adapt to such a new environment on their own planet yet in a different time. Every scene that involved a dinosaur or some other creature was great.

I did watch all the episodes but I realize the potential the show had and thought it was kind of wasted. Maybe if they get a 2nd season they will be able to remedy the situation.
                            sigpic

Comment

Irony is that it probably would have focused more on survival and adapting to the environment etc in the 2nd season now that they have lost all ties to the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                                Irony is that it probably would have focused more on survival and adapting to the environment etc in the 2nd season now that they have lost all ties to the future.
                                Thats very true. Now is when things start to get interresting and this is all we will see.
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Working...
                                X