ALS cure..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
    Finding the ship would be a problem. It's several decades into space and they have no idea where to look. You can't just up and decide you want something found. It's lost in the void, and they have absolutely no chance of coming across it.
    Oh ye of little faith...it could be done. Especially if the Novan's intended course was in the archive that Destiny found.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Oh ye of little faith...it could be done. Especially if the Novan's intended course was in the archive that Destiny found.
      Their destination is in there. Their course is not. Without their exact course, Destiny doesn't have a chance of finding them. The only reason they even found the battlefield is because they stumbled upon it.

Comment

Their destination is in there. Their course is not. Without their exact course, Destiny doesn't have a chance of finding them. The only reason they even found the battlefield is because they stumbled upon it.
        Again...I don't think its impossible. Just when you say something is impossible...its made possible. People once thought the Earth was flat..and that it would be impossible to fly...
        sigpic

Comment

There's a difference between ignorance and odds. Finding the ships would be realistically impossible. It's not a matter of know-how, it's a matter of scale. The scale is so unfathomably huge that it would take them an unacceptably long time to even get close to finding the ships. For reference, when they tried this with Atlantis, the Apollo had to make something like 300 jumps to scan the area, and they can jump instantly. Compare to Destiny, which has to spend seven hours waiting. That's nearly ninety days of searching right there, assuming Destiny can scan the same distance as the Apollo. If it can't, and the likelihood that it can't is extremely high, then that number doubles or even triples.

Comment

They didn't stumble upon it. They diverted their course specifically to check it out after it was detected on sensors..

Comment

Finding the ship would be a problem. It's several decades into space and they have no idea where to look. You can't just up and decide you want something found. It's lost in the void, and they have absolutely no chance of coming across it.

Your logic fails on many levels.

One, how are they dangerous? Rush consented to the procedure. Mandy's negligence aside, he put himself there. What else makes them dangerous? I didn't see Mandy gassing the crew or electrifying entire sections. Rush was in no immediate danger in her simulation, and she'd have given up eventually.

Two, the idea that Eli could just reverse the process. If it was so easy, why not do it? As has been established, your idea that they were a threat is total nonsense, so that's not an issue. So what's stopping him? He hasn't gotten around to it?

Three, the idea that they would be pissed. This is just foolish. Ginn knew the consequences and told Eli to do it. Mandy accepted her fate. They wouldn't be mad.
              Ginns Emotions are what caused the problem in the first place. Her envy of Rush and Mandy meeting was big enough to block his exit. It wasnt even intended. My point being that stuff like that would keep on happening whenever the Emotions go high and that is a obvious Security risk. What if Mandy and Rush get into an argument and she subconciously opens a Airlock nearby.

We dont know if Ginn meant to Quarantine them and Mandy thought she gets killed, I dont think that qualifies for a happy awakening.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                They didn't stumble upon it. They diverted their course specifically to check it out after it was detected on sensors..
                Which is stumbling on it all the same. They didn't say "Hey, we're going to go find a space graveyard today!" They flew by and said, "Hey look, a blip, let's check it out." There was no intention to find that spot. It was luck they found it.

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                Ginns Emotions are what caused the problem in the first place. Her envy of Rush and Mandy meeting was big enough to block his exit. It wasnt even intended. My point being that stuff like that would keep on happening whenever the Emotions go high and that is a obvious Security risk. What if Mandy and Rush get into an argument and she subconciously opens a Airlock nearby.

We dont know if Ginn meant to Quarantine them and Mandy thought she gets killed, I dont think that qualifies for a happy awakening.
                Did you even watch the episode? That was not what happened. At all. It was entirely Mandy's fault and she admits as much.

Comment

Which is stumbling on it all the same. They didn't say "Hey, we're going to go find a space graveyard today!" They flew by and said, "Hey look, a blip, let's check it out." There was no intention to find that spot. It was luck they found it.
                  So heading in the same general direction as the ark ships absolutely wouldn't have the same result?

Comment

So heading in the same general direction as the ark ships absolutely wouldn't have the same result?
                    I think it could
                    sigpic

Comment

It would still be a guessing game, one that would take a very long time to guess correctly. I will point out that the ship was not in FTL when they detected the signal. In FTL, they can't see anything, or they would have seen the drone carrier the Ursini dragged them to. So, again, you'd have to jump and jump and jump spending months hoping you landed in the right spot.

Comment

We can go on about this for hours...I'm just going to agree to disagree!
                        sigpic

Comment

Did you even watch the episode? That was not what happened. At all. It was entirely Mandy's fault and she admits as much.
                          I watched it, I just forgot about the Scene where Mandy tells Rush the truth about the programming mistake. I thought they were blaming it on each other. Still, the only reason I can think off that they havent been released again is that Young doesnt want them to be. If the Data is still there, it cant be so hard to activate it again.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

I watched it, I just forgot about the Scene where Mandy tells Rush the truth about the programming mistake. I thought they were blaming it on each other. Still, the only reason I can think off that they havent been released again is that Young doesnt want them to be. If the Data is still there, it cant be so hard to activate it again.
                            Young would never be that pointlessly cruel. The only thing he would forbid is going into the simulation. Besides, why would Eli be so pissed about moving them if it was an easy fix? "I can undo this whenever I want but I'm mad at you anyway." C'mon.

Comment

It would still be a guessing game, one that would take a very long time to guess correctly. I will point out that the ship was not in FTL when they detected the signal. In FTL, they can't see anything, or they would have seen the drone carrier the Ursini dragged them to. So, again, you'd have to jump and jump and jump spending months hoping you landed in the right spot.
                              Destinies Sensors are highly advanced, if they drop out 2 or 3 times along the way it should be fine. Also if Destiny cant recieve anything while in FTL, how does it know that a Gate is comming up or where the next Star to dive in is? At least I thought that People agreed that Destiny has a reason for this kind of FTL Drive.

Young would never be that pointlessly cruel. The only thing he would forbid is going into the simulation. Besides, why would Eli be so pissed about moving them if it was an easy fix? "I can undo this whenever I want but I'm mad at you anyway." C'mon.
                              I understood Elis reaction differently. More like "Just because you needed to fool around I cannot see her for some time" Its like being punished for something he didnt do.He had her again just to loose her because of Rush. I would be mad.
                              Last edited by tomstone; 27 April 2011, 01:00 PM.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Destinies Sensors are highly advanced, if they drop out 2 or 3 times along the way it should be fine. Also if Destiny cant recieve anything while in FTL, how does it know that a Gate is comming up or where the next Star to dive in is? At least I thought that People agreed that Destiny has a reason for this kind of FTL Drive.
                                Advanced enough that they could detect a lot of destroyed ships a day journey away but couldn't detect one measly command ship literally an hour away? If it can't detect an FTL capable starship an hour away, what hope does it have of finding an even more primitive ship?

Destiny's sensors don't work in FTL. Subspace communication does. It knows what's coming because it receives data about the planets ahead from the seed ships and the subspace transmitters in the gates.

Comment

Working...
                                X