Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Detritus View Post
    Just makes me back Spencer even more
    What's so hard to understand? The Audience backs the Good Guys' actions, and is suspicious and less trusting of the Bad Guys' action. Simple.

Comment

Greer tried to persuade Scott to let him out of that room, thus disobeying Telford's orders. Surely that counts as mutiny as much what Spencer did during the lottery.

I hope people aren't letting this go cos it was St Ronald of Greer going against Telford
      Greer had had the charges dropped by his CO, due to being thrown into a dangerous situation. Telford had little right to do that, it was also very stupid to lock up one of the most experienced personnel on the Destiny. Further whatever Telford did to him must have been bad, because despite everyone labelling Greer a hothead with anger issues, he doesn’t appear that way to me. He's violent, there's no question, and he's a master at using it to great effect, but always its cold calculated violence designed to achieve an objective, he doesn’t loose his temper. Therefore Telford must have done something pretty terrible for him to snap.

Comment

Minor note: Young just said "put down"...that could have been a verbal insult or a physical assault....the difference could matter
        If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
        Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

I've been wondering why Greer joined, what compels him to stay in the military. I think he does have respect for command and people, but he's easily let down and can let his anger get the best of him. It may not have been right what he did to Telford, but Telford was behaving more childish by locking him up to enact some sort of revenge, when Greer could have been used.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
            What's so hard to understand? The Audience backs the Good Guys' actions, and is suspicious and less trusting of the Bad Guys' action. Simple.
            To be fair to me I do have previous for cheering on the "bad guys" (not that I'm saying Spencer is one)

I always wanted Wile E Coyote to catch Roadrunner, Sylvester to catch Tweety Pie, Skeletor to beat He-Man and Mumm-Ra to beat the Thundercats

Comment

I always wanted Wile E Coyote to catch Roadrunner
              *bee beep zip bang*
              If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                Minor note: Young just said "put down"...that could have been a verbal insult or a physical assault....the difference could matter
                Unlikely that it was verbal, Greer wouldnt have been in lockup most likely if that had happened.

Originally posted by ARealArchaeologist View Post
                I've been wondering why Greer joined, what compels him to stay in the military. I think he does have respect for command and people, but he's easily let down and can let his anger get the best of him. It may not have been right what he did to Telford, but Telford was behaving more childish by locking him up to enact some sort of revenge, when Greer could have been used.
                I think your mistaking anger for violence, Greer uses violence to great effect but he does not seem to loose control often.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                  I think your mistaking anger for violence, Greer uses violence to great effect but he does not seem to loose control often.
                  Yup, even holding the gun on Rush a few times in air...he seemed more than willing to use violence, but he seemed in complete control of his emotions at the time. Same with punching out Spencer

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                    Unlikely that it was verbal, Greer wouldnt have been in lockup most likely if that had happened.

No, I did mean anger, but meaning that I think he has some baggage in his past that he is carrying around, which leads to some of his behaviors and some of the more violent episodes we've seen. Not the freaking out, surly kind of anger, but something slower and smoldering. I think he's hanging onto something that we won't understand for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by ARealArchaeologist View Post
                      No, I did mean anger, but meaning that I think he has some baggage in his past that he is carrying around, which leads to some of his behaviors and some of the more violent episodes we've seen. Not the freaking out, surly kind of anger, but something slower and smoldering. I think he's hanging onto something that we won't understand for awhile.
                      Baggage doesn’t have to mean anger, Greer mocked Rush when he said he knew why he was angry. Greer might carry around emotional baggage but he is a very controlled person even when using violence. The fact further that he can use violence so effectively while remaining detached suggest that even if he had some anger in him smouldering away it would be unlikely to be directed at the crew of the Destiny.

Comment

To be fair to me I do have previous for cheering on the "bad guys" (not that I'm saying Spencer is one)

I always wanted Wile E Coyote to catch Roadrunner, Sylvester to catch Tweety Pie, Skeletor to beat He-Man and Mumm-Ra to beat the Thundercats
                        Damn, I hated that Roadrunner. And Tweety Pie & Jerry were just jerks to poor ol' Sylvester & Tom

But I think Teleford is a different breed of antagonist, someone who you cheer when they get kicked in the groin.

Really, support of Greer and other questionable characters is a case of Jerkass Dissonance, (I apologise for linking you to TVTropes, oh how time-consuming it is ).

Comment

greers awesome....telford is a douche...therefore i see no problem here!lol

Comment

It was foolish at that point to lock him up. He had proven himself capable in that extreme situation. Telford was making a petty point
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Telford is the officer who was assaulted, it's up to him whether or not to drop the charges. Young let him out because the base was under attack and they needed all the able-bodied soldiers they could muster. Plus, assault isn't a crime punishable by death--which is exactly what would've happened if he'd been left in that room on Icarus.
                              Not quite that simple. Young and Telford may have the same rank, but Young as Commander of Icarus Base outranks Telford. Given that Greer apparently assaulted Telford on base, Young would be the one ultimately responsible for deciding if Greer needed to be locked up pending charges. Yes, Telford can order it, but Young has the final say. Imagine this instead: Sgt Siler slugs Col. O'Neill for some reason and Col. O'Neill orders him arrested. Gen. Hammond has the authority to step in and countermand that if the situation warrants. That's what Young did. Yes, Telford can still file charges and Greer will be subject to military justice if and when they return to Earth, but it's Young's call as to whether he is to be 'detained' in the meantime. I mean, they are in the middle of space. The guy is going nowhere! Putting him in a makeshift 'Brig' pending their return to Earth amounts to imprisonment without trial in this situation. Young needs all the able-bodied and experienced men he can get. Telford's actions in ordering him confined again was nothing more than a power play and revenge.

My two cents! Take it for what it's worth.

Comment

yes to the first two, no to the third and what are you talking about to the last two.

Spencer is no Wile E Coyote if you ask me. For SGA Todd the Wraith was a Wile E Coyote.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X