No announcement yet.

Orpheus (704)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not one of my favorites, but great charactor episode for Teal'c and Daniel.
    sigpic

Comment

Great Teal'c and Daniel episode. I loved how Teal'c broke the commanding Jaffa's neck, and the final scene with T & D was awesome, had me almost sniffling.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't recall exactly when the SGC was able to manufacture enough Tretonin for the Jaffa and even Teal'c who all had to take it on a daily basis. Where did they get access to what they needed from symbiotes?
        And how were Rya'c and Bra'tac captured for the labor planet? Was Daniel with them when they were captuired when he was ascended?

Comment

The Tok'ra provide the tretonin for the Jaffa (remember the end 'The Changeling' from last season?). The capture of Rya'c and Bra'tac is shown clearly in this episode, with the ascended Daniel watching and unable to help.
          Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

September/October 2003: By this point I had returned to Uni on a new course but was now based at home and commuting accross London to Uni...which at least meant I could watch SG1 on Sky 1...

1. Boy did Teal'c have his head messed up..so much doubt in there...

2. "Daniel Jackson...there is one part of kel'no'reem that is more important than any other..silence!

3. Well if Bra'tac wasn't going to sort Teal'c head out, no one was.

4. Taking down a mothership purely as a distraction. Ballsy.

5. Three Jaffa incoming...staff weapons round and...slam!

First really good ep of S7 and looking back, probably the best Teal'c ep ever!
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Good episode. Liked how Daniel is responsible for the rescue.

I still think back to The Lowdown, that aired before Fallen, where Peter DeLuise was on the Death camp set. That was funny.

Tomorrow, a town controlled by a central computer.
              sigpic

Comment

Great mix of heart, amusing banter, and an awesome dramatic ending.

I enjoyed the development of Rya'c as a young man mature and wise enough to make the call to Ragnor to let Teal'c finish his own battle. Watching since early days, I can't help but get a little emotional and think what a great kid he turned out to be.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                  Great stuff, especially the ending
                  "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                  "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                  "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                  "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                  >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Another good Teal'c episode. Interesting to see what the results of changing to Tretonin were. It was good to see it explored here with Teal'c trying to come to terms with the loss of strength and the speedy healing ability he'd had for most of his life after injury.

Good old Bra'tac's wise common sense saved the day again, and who else could impart such wisdom but someone who was going through it too. The warrior's strength comes from his heart and mind. stirring stuff as always!

Comment

Jack to Teal'c: Don't, give me the eyebrow. Cracked me up haha.

Poor Teal'c losing his mojo. Good thing he gets it back at the end.

That shot at the end with Teal'c, Bra'tak and Rak'nor firing their staff weapons is such a great moment. Highlight of the ep.
                      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=That shot at the end with Teal'c, Bra'tak and Rak'nor firing their staff weapons is such a great moment. Highlight of the ep.[/QUOTE]

Indeed!

Comment

A great episode but don't you think they should have raised since a question a lot sooner. Teal'c doubting his worth because tretonin makes him physically weaker then when he had a symbiote is a great story and was executed beautifully in this episode but I don't know. It kind of feels like this story should have happened sooner. As for the story its a great personal quest for Teal'c and one I think describes him. He has always been one who prides himself on his strength. It is interesting to see what happens when that pride weavers and how it affects him. I am less interested in Daniel's story. I saw enough in S6 on what his ascended life was to be want to explore it any more. The one advantage is that it brings us to the forced labor camp and allows for a rescue of Bra'tac who is always awesome.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            A great episode but don't you think they should have raised since a question a lot sooner. Teal'c doubting his worth because tretonin makes him physically weaker then when he had a symbiote is a great story and was executed beautifully in this episode but I don't know. It kind of feels like this story should have happened sooner.
                            Well, like Teal'c said, he hoped and expected the weakened feeling would go away in a little while, and it's not very many episodes since he got the Tretonin...
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Thats just a writer's excuse to justify why it has taken so long to tell the story. Kind of like how in S7 Jack is always getting shot to justify RDA's low appearences
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

For the first time in a long time we get an episode where Jack is a competent officer, not a bumbling Jack-ass. Plus, a very good script.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X