Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny/Fun work experiences or fun Jobs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im guessing having your employee damaged or killed is bad business practice
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Depends upon the employee. I know the place I work would benefit from the loss of several individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        I presume he was fired about 10 min. later?
        No mate, that Union is so powerful it literally took management 1.5 years to build a case strong enough to fire a couple guys who stole food every day, and didn't even try to hide it, like sharing a 6 foot sub in the employee dining room. And, I'm no snitchz.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I've seen it happen too, those freaking doors lock from the outside, how stupid is that.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          No mate, that Union is so powerful it literally took management 1.5 years to build a case strong enough to fire a couple guys who stole food every day, and didn't even try to hide it, like sharing a 6 foot sub in the employee dining room. And, I'm no snitchz.

I've seen it happen too, those freaking doors lock from the outside, how stupid is that.
          Well, you can't have the employees they trap in there getting out, can you?

Comment

Well, you can't have the employees they trap in there getting out, can you?
            No but it's an honest question. I really thought the store I used to work with was just one of a kind, those huge freezer doors auto-lock, why?

Fear of frozen piglets striking back on humans?
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Probably to prevent stealing. Im more than willing to admit it was a freak accident
              Jelgate is right

Comment

No but it's an honest question. I really thought the store I used to work with was just one of a kind, those huge freezer doors auto-lock, why?

Fear of frozen piglets striking back on humans?
                With the amount of bacon consumed by some folks around here, can you blame them for striking back?

But yeah, seriously, why these doors can't be opened from the inside is a legitimate question.

Comment

My sales job sends me to a lot of grocery stores where I go to the back rooms to see how much product we have a store to see how much I sell at the store. The point I am trying to make is the bacon is in a meat cooler that isnt locked like a freezer. It usually only has those double doors
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

With the amount of bacon consumed by some folks around here, can you blame them for striking back?

But yeah, seriously, why these doors can't be opened from the inside is a legitimate question.
                    actually I think most of them are now...all the cooler and freezer doors at Whole Foods can be opened from the inside

Comment

now you know why many of s think that unions have long outlived their usefulness in the workplace

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                        now you know why many of s think that unions have long outlived their usefulness in the workplace
                        I actually have no issue with unions in the private sector. Sometimes they are needed. My objections are to unions in the public sector.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                          I agree this particular case depicts the worst in Unions, but I still believe they are essential. You don't know it until you actually need it.

I actually have no issue with unions in the private sector. Sometimes they are needed. My objections are to unions in the public sector.
                          Here's a funny work experience: Canada's public sector pay problems. Been an ongoing issues for years now, you might have heard of it (Phoenix). The previous administration centralized the pay system then everything went baloney. People not paid at all for months, some for up to a year, had to take in loans to pay mortgages, people underpaid, people overpaid. As of now, I'm owed about 10k+. Our public sector union made sure that all the expenses being a direct consequences of this issue will be fully reimbursed, that can be reasonably justified of course. My union also re-negotiated our collective agreement, which boosted my annual salary by approximately 6k last year.

And, thanks to my union, I have allowances to take time off (up to a week fully paid) to take care of an ill immediate-relative. Been spending 1 in every two days in the hospital this past month, and if on top of that I'd need to work overtime to make ends meet I'd have to cut on my bacon dietary requirements quota, which would be unbearable.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I agree this particular case depicts the worst in Unions, but I still believe they are essential. You don't know it until you actually need it.

Here's a funny work experience: Canada's public sector pay problems. Been an ongoing issues for years now, you might have heard of it (Phoenix). The previous administration centralized the pay system then everything went baloney. People not paid at all for months, some for up to a year, had to take in loans to pay mortgages, people underpaid, people overpaid. As of now, I'm owed about 10k+. Our public sector union made sure that all the expenses being a direct consequences of this issue will be fully reimbursed, that can be reasonably justified of course. My union also re-negotiated our collective agreement, which boosted my annual salary by approximately 6k last year.

And, thanks to my union, I have allowances to take time off (up to a week fully paid) to take care of an ill immediate-relative. Been spending 1 in every two days in the hospital this past month, and if on top of that I'd need to work overtime to make ends meet I'd have to cut on my bacon dietary requirements quota, which would be unbearable.

Hey guys sorry I haven't been you to respond if you would like to know why I haven't been around please go to off-topic chatter, something really bad happened and I explained it there, it'll explain my disappearance and it's pretty serious...I've been catching up on your posts and they're pretty good! Thanks for sharing your work stories
                            sigpic

Comment

Right! Who wants to hear some of my horror stories about working in Amazon?
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                Right! Who wants to hear some of my horror stories about working in Amazon?
                                Weren't Amazon's issues documented in an episode of "Doctor Who" last season? "Kerblam!" was the title.

Comment

Working...
                                X